A119 Firmware

I downloaded the bin file directly from the Viofo site several times and deleted it before I downloaded it again (!) I use a PC with Win7 prof. and a Transcend high endurance 64Gb card. I still wonder was it was, but very happy with the result.
Every time I checked the file on the card after the failure to update. Miracles still exist......!

A miracle happened.....! I really don't know what happened, I did everything the same x times, but the update is there.May be a contaminated contact in the mini USB connector of the new camera is the culprit and after a lot of removals of the connector it got contact again?. In any case it works now on the v3.3.
Thanks a lot guys for your help. Thumbs up!
For future reference, the following thread talks about the differences between the Viofo A119 supplied long and short USB cables and their applications: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/pc-to-camera-cable.30059/#post-352507.

I wired my cams to run all the time. Now I am worried about the memory cards. Even the best cards may last less than a year.

I would like them to record 24/7 when parked away from the house, but when in my garage, I would like them to not record.

This may be too much to ask, but maybe a home-zone with the GPS where when within 100 meters of home, the camera stops recording after a 5 minute timeout.

I know I can turn the camera off when at home, but my wife would never turn it back on when she drives.

Now I am not sure it is needed. I was reading about the new parking mode that is automatically activated (when reading reviews of this camera, no one mentioned an automatic parking mode - and the manual one is not useful to me as my wife would never turn it off when driving). I think the new firmware will suit my needs. I just ordered a second A119 camera.

I installed a 3 way mini switch underneath my dash for that goal, with 2 separate indication leds (red and green) for the different positions of the switch. In the red led position the camera gets a constant 12v and in the green led position the ACC 12v from the hardware kit. In general my wife may :) not touch that switch (or I'll check it later) and when I used the constant recording position, I always put the switch back at home in it's ACC position; easy to check by the positioning leds. I put the leds also underneath the dash facing down, where I can only see the top of the led and so is not disturbing and not visible from the outside.
Btw/ The mini switch has electrically separated 2x3 contacts with a neutral safe middle position. One side switches between the constant 12v and 12v ACC and the other side switches negative for the leds in the different positions, otherwise the led in the constant 12v position would always lighten up.
Works like a charm......

I'll make a few pictures later and try to upload them (never tried before!)Btw/ the 3way mini switch I bought in an electronics parts shop together with the separate leds; hence the switch itself doesn't have indication leds.

IMG_4396.JPG IMG_4395.JPG The position of the switch and the choosen leds are due to the possibilities on the inside of the panel/box: otherwise I would position them somewhat different.

First, it is really great that the A119 sets the time from the GPS.

But it is about 1.3 seconds slow. I know it doesn't really matter, but may as well make it exactly on in the next revision.

First, it is really great that the A119 sets the time from the GPS.

But it is about 1.3 seconds slow. I know it doesn't really matter, but may as well make it exactly on in the next revision.
If A119 sync local time by mobile app,it will be much nice!

Yes,we understand!
But if GPS blocked or no signal somewhere?

Yes,we understand!
I find it hard to believe that there is still a place on earth that has roads but not GPS signal :) Anyway, a temporary loss should be OK, as long as you can get a decent signal every few days...

I find it hard to believe that there is still a place on earth that has roads but not GPS signal :) Anyway, a temporary loss should be OK, as long as you can get a decent signal every few days...
:)

Yes,we understand!
I find it hard to believe that there is still a place on earth that has roads but not GPS signal :)....

I agree, however estore is based in China and it would not surprise me if some areas have jamming systems in place. Military?
Consider this too, that they can't afford to elaborate on their reasoning because they don't want to upset their government.

I agree, however estore is based in China and it would not surprise me if some areas have jamming systems in place. Military?
Consider this too, that they can't afford to elaborate on their reasoning because they don't want to upset their government.

GPS is blocked around military installations in China, generally only for a km or so around anything important, the results can also be off by 500m or so over a larger area as well

Reactions: Mtz
Back