A119 Firmware

looks like everything is good after 3 weeks of using A119 dashcam 24/7 now. Parking mode starts later then suposed to (1,5 or 5min?) sometimes, it could be improved, but ok, just giving me another 15-20 minutes of HQ video instead of 5fps.
I had a weird issue though - deleted all videos from the card on my macbook, inserted it back - dashcam refused to record in loop, just stopped recording saying it's full :eek: Reformatting in the cam helped (y)

I had a weird issue though - deleted all videos from the card on my macbook, inserted it back - dashcam refused to record in loop, just stopped recording saying it's full :eek: Reformatting in the cam helped (y)

you have to empty the trash on the Mac before ejecting the card, it will leave a bunch of system files that will trip the camera up

make a habit of formatting the card whenever you put it back in the camera just to be sure

you have to empty the trash on the Mac before ejecting the card, it will leave a bunch of system files that will trip the camera up

make a habit of formatting the card whenever you put it back in the camera just to be sure
Oh, I didn't know about trash, thanks

looks like everything is good after 3 weeks of using A119 dashcam 24/7 now. Parking mode starts later then suposed to (1,5 or 5min?) sometimes, it could be improved, but ok, just giving me another 15-20 minutes of HQ video instead of 5fps.
The camera does not know that you have parked because it doesn't have the wiring to let it know that the ignition is off. It has to rely on an absence of input (movement or bumping) to switch into parking mode. It seems to me that quite small movements are enough to keep the camera rolling. It needs a period of at least xx seconds (not sure how many) of quiet time in order to switch too parking mode. Mine works OK, but like your experience it can sometimes take one or more full speed loops before it slows down.

It has to rely on an absence of input (movement or bumping) to switch into parking mode. It seems to me that quite small movements are enough to keep the camera rolling. It needs a period of at least xx seconds (not sure how many) of quiet time in order to switch too parking mode. Mine works OK, but like your experience it can sometimes take one or more full speed loops before it slows down.
In Parking Mode, xx = 90 seconds and you need both the absence of camera (hence car) movement sensed by the G-sensor and the absence of motion in the camera field of view sensed by motion detection. After that the A119 stops recording (Standby) and you need motion sensed in the camera field of view to start Time-lapse recording. Any camera movement sensed by the G-sensor will cause the A119 to switch back to Normal full speed recording. To convince yourself, try this test at home: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-plugged-in-for-8-days-straight.30364/#post-357169.

Last edited:
In Parking Mode, xx = 90 seconds and you need both the absence of camera (hence car) movement sensed by the G-sensor and the absence of motion in the camera field of view sensed by motion detection.
I would make that "AND" a parameter in the settings allowing users switch to "go to parking mode if no G-sensor movement only" :rolleyes: not critical though
@viofo

Hallo everyone!
I received my A119 with v2.02 firmware. Is there any need to upgrade on v3.x? I'm very satisfied with video quality and dash cam at all. Could it be better then this?

Hallo everyone!
I received my A119 with v2.02 firmware. Is there any need to upgrade on v3.x? I'm very satisfied with video quality and dash cam at all. Could it be better then this?

While it may not be the cause, I found that when I took my version 1 A119 up to 3.3 ver I kept getting a blue box stating memory error. This was even without a card in it.
I also tested it with 3 different brands of memory card and got the same error.

I had reset it and also set settings back to default but no joy. As the camera was already at ver 2.o2 I didn't run the loader only the firmware upgrade.

I happened to have a ver 2.02 still on my computer with the loader so I downgraded it.

Camera is happily working now on ver 2.o2.

I may have another go but this time running the 3.3. loader dated 6 Sep 2017 32K just in case it has been updated. 2.0x loader 32K dated 17 Oct 2016

Viofo constantly is improving the product and is active in this forum something they need to be acknowledge for. Great to see.

Last edited:
While it may not be the cause, I found that when I took my version 1 A119 up to 3.3 ver I kept getting a blue box stating memory error. This was even without a card in it.
I also tested it with 3 different brands of memory card and got the same error.

I had reset it and also set settings back to default but no joy. As the camera was already at ver 2.o2 I didn't run the loader only the firmware upgrade.

I happened to have a ver 2.02 still on my computer with the loader so I downgraded it.

Camera is happily working now on ver 2.o2.

I may have another go but this time running the 3.3. loader dated 6 Sep 2017 just in case it has been updated. 2.0x loader 32K dated 17 Oct 2016

Viofo constantly is improving the product and is active in this forum something they need to be acknowledge for. Great to see.
Are you powering through a V1 GPS mount?

Are you powering through a V1 GPS mount?

Thanks for the reply.

In this case I was just using the side port. It does have gps but it is stuck to the windscreen. I was in the house doing this.

I am thinking that maybe I had to re-run the loader but the ver 3.3 one. I was under the impression that it was only necessary when going form ver 1.x to 2.x and beyond.
I was in a rush as I needed to get the camera back in the car asap.

Thanks for the reply.

In this case I was just using the side port. It does have gps but it is stuck to the windscreen. I was in the house doing this.

I am thinking that maybe I had to re-run the loader but the ver 3.3 one. I was under the impression that it was only necessary when going form ver 1.x to 2.x and beyond.
I was in a rush as I needed to get the camera back in the car asap.
You only need the loader if your cam came originally with V1.1 or earlier, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to run the loader again. I would default your settings after loading the loader AND after re-loading the new firmware.

Why does this matter? My camera is less than a year old - are you telling me that I can't upgrade to this firmware because of the GPS mount that I have?
No, you can certainly use any firmware that the V2 models use. I was asking him because there were some users getting Memory card errors and it was due to powering through the GPS mount on V1 models. Once they powered the camera directly, the error went away.

No, you can certainly use any firmware that the V2 models use. I was asking him because there were some users getting Memory card errors and it was due to powering through the GPS mount on V1 models. Once they powered the camera directly, the error went away.

Were those problems related to the v3.3 firmware specifically, or to any versions? I haven't had any memory card errors and I'm running a fairly recent v3 firmware (and am powered by a GPS mount).

Were those problems related to the v3.3 firmware specifically, or to any versions? I haven't had any memory card errors and I'm running a fairly recent v3 firmware (and am powered by a GPS mount).
I don't believe the error correlated with any particular firmware version. Probably just an error related to the power issue the V1 model had (when powering through the GPS).

I don't believe the error correlated with any particular firmware version. Probably just an error related to the power issue the V1 model had (when powering through the GPS).

Quickest and easiest way to tell what version I have?

Quickest and easiest way to tell what version I have?
Look at the serial number on the back. It will have a V2 in there if it's a V2. Something like A119V21728906. If you bought before around April, you probably have a V1. Not everyone had the power issue though.

Look at the serial number on the back. It will have a V2 in there if it's a V2. Something like A119V21728906. If you bought before around April, you probably have a V1. Not everyone had the power issue though.

Thanks.

Mine is definitely V1 (bought 11/16) but I've never had an issue like you describe.

Back