A119 Firmware

do we need to update again w/ the new 2.0 firmware if we updated 2 days ago w/ the older 2.0 firmware?

I am pleased with the 2 days old FW so, until @viofo says we should update using the new one, I will use it.

Yes, we have updated the files.
We are still doing more testing and listing feedback, we will update to production line if no big issues.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Did I just see on @viofo site another (2nd) adjustment to the original first release update? 3rd time to update in one day?:mad: BETA BETA BETA Please
The Viofo site has the official update from August. They don't link to the betas on their website. It's for official updates only I believe.

The Viofo site has the official update from August. They don't link to the betas on their website. It's for official updates only I believe.
We have updated that version for 2 times, one for default resolution changed, one for AV out issue.
We will be more careful in future.

@viofo can you not just release beta versions and not release the real update till we can see how it operates Because when it is beta I usually wait a few weeks to see what I read on this site . I leave it for the people that understand all about the technical workings of this DVR. Beta better because we do not have to update firmware 2 times in one day.
It's BEEN in beta for at least a month. You can't find every single bug with just a small pool of beta testers. Viofo is certainly not the only company out there to release software that has undiscovered bugs in it. You might have heard of a little company called Microsoft... It's happened to them plenty of times: http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-wi...kb3194496-is-failing-and-how-you-can-recover/

2K (1440p) is recorded now at 24mbps (old was 20mbps). Nice!

enjoy,
Mtz
Now this is awesome, an awesome camera gets even better :). I have been nothing but impressed with this product and how @viofo is looking after its customers :)

A119 V2.0 Firmware.
Change log:

1. Added: New option to enable or disable beep/startup sound
2. Added: Support Image Rotation
3. Added: 100ms option for time-lapse recording
4. Added: Romania and Polish language
5. Added: 3s option for screen save
6. Improved: Improve sensitive for G-sensor
7. Updated: 50Hz for PAL, 60Hz for NTSC
8. Fixed: Recording issue in 1080P 60FPS mode 10mins cycle option with 64GB card
9. Fixed: Can not back to menu after delete all files in playback mode
10. Fixed: No delete and lock icon for photo
11. Fixed: Can not back to recording in time-lapse recording mode while pressed the emergency mode

Download link:
www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119/VIOFO_A119_FW_V2.0.zip

Please upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the new firmware.

Thanks for listening and adding image rotation VIOFO!

Now I can seriously think of buying one myself! !

Thanks for listening and adding image rotation VIOFO!

Now I can seriously think of buying one myself! !
why wait, just buy it now! so glad i took the plunge a couple of months ago, thoroughly satisfied with this product and their level of support and communication :)

why wait, just buy it now! so glad i took the plunge a couple of months ago, thoroughly satisfied with this product and their level of support and communication :)

Thanks, good to know!

However I already have bought several cam's in my quest to find the best dash cam, small format. Mobius 1, JooVuu X, and Foxeer Legend 2 and others. 7 in total, and I don't have a money tree. . . . . So, as soon as I get the safe funds for it, I will. . . . . . . .

I can confirm the change regarding 1440p being recorded at 24mbps. I checked the video properties and I can also see that the 10 minute loop file size is now 1.68GB, compared to the previous 1.02GB at the lower bitrate.

so, the A119 then should record 1440P video@45fps or even @60fps?
"Samsung Evo+ 128gb: Writing speed: 16.1 MByte/s Reading speed: 68.8 MByte/s
Lexar 633х 128gb: Writing speed: 16.3 MByte/s Reading speed: 69.0 MByte/s
Samsung Evo 64gb: Writing speed: 18.6 MByte/s Reading speed: 76.6 MByte/s
Transcend Ultimate 64gb: Writing speed: 49.2 MByte/s Reading speed: 70.9 MByte/s
test done by: h2testw.exe utility."

It is not possible because of the chipset. A119 is already at the highest resolutions and fps available from the chipset.

Regarding your tests, you should consider that SD Cards speeds are usually in MB and videos bitrate are usually in Mb.
When you see 24Mb/s and you are thinking at some card, just think to that bitrate being about 2.4MB/s.
From 24Mb/s (2.4MB/s) to 16MB/s is a long way.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back