A119 Firmware

I'm curious what kind of sensor it has. Maybe it doesn't have very high resolution, so there's not much room for adjustment. I've been wondering if it would be possible to write the live data from the sensor as part of the text overlay in the video, since I'm a geek like that. But maybe it's not that kind of sensor.

Only time mine's ever registered enough of a shock to lock a file was when i had it mounted to my back hatch and then closed the hatch while it was running.

If you already upgraded to the previous 2.0 release, you should not need the loader again.

Edit: I haven't downloaded the file from drop box above but if it's just a .bin file then you can just put it on an empty SD card and flash it like the other updates.

If you already upgraded to the previous 2.0 release, you should not need the loader again.

Edit: I haven't downloaded the file from drop box above but if it's just a .bin file then you can just put it on an empty SD card and flash it like the other updates.
Ok now Ill wait for you to load that bin. I cannot load it on my cam, and I am doing everything right. No matter how I try to load it it wont load. Wasted too much time with all this nonsense and may return it.. So when you have time I'll wait to see if you were able to FLASH it. I really don't need a cam that doesn't save a file. Thanks

Last edited:
A119 V2.0 Firmware.
Change log:

1. Added: New option to enable or disable beep/startup sound
2. Added: Support Image Rotation
3. Added: 100ms option for time-lapse recording
4. Added: Romania and Polish language
5. Added: 3s option for screen save
6. Improved: Improve sensitive for G-sensor
7. Updated: 50Hz for PAL, 60Hz for NTSC
8. Fixed: Recording issue in 1080P 60FPS mode 10mins cycle option with 64GB card
9. Fixed: Can not back to menu after delete all files in playback mode
10. Fixed: No delete and lock icon for photo
11. Fixed: Can not back to recording in time-lapse recording mode while pressed the emergency mode

Download link:
www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119/VIOFO_A119_FW_V2.0.zip

Please upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the new firmware.
@viofo Just to let you know viofo I think the A119 is a great quality discreet DVR but only one setback, that being the G-sensor when set for high sensitivity it is not working at all. You submitted a fix (bin) on this forum the other day to supposedly fix that problem, but the bin does not seem to flash the cam at all. I wonder if it is at all possible to submit the full compressed link of that update fix and not do it through drop box. Maybe that way if I unzip it myself maybe it will work. I am surprised that no one else on this forum is speaking up about this. Locking of a file is most important to me in a dash cam even more so than the colors etc.

@Gibson99 Did you have time to try to flash that recent .bin to update the G-sensor viofo posted. As explained to you I cannot get it to flash. I want to see if you were able to

Last edited:
I did not have any issue loading that version.
Thanks for letting me know. Now I am really upset because I cannot get cam to install that .bin And I know how to do it but it will not give any indication that its accepting the .bin All it does is commence to record. Never flashing to let me know it's installing.

Thanks for letting me know. Now I am really upset because I cannot get cam to install that .bin And I know how to do it but it will not give any indication that its accepting the .bin All it does is commence to record. Never flashing to let me know it's installing.
Your putting the .bin file in the root directory, not in any folder, correct?

Just installed the new FW version and all ok. Hope It'll work fine.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

@viofo I finally got it to install thank you for being patient with me and the G-sensor is working very good now. :):)

so how did you do it?!

Maybe he used a card smaller than 32GB (included).

enjoy,
Mtz

or - may be he used other power source, like a power bank. or a card formatted on a different camera.

@viofo I finally got it to install thank you for being patient with me and the G-sensor is working very good now. :):)
Glad to hear it, so you thought the high sensitive option now meet your requirement?

Glad to hear it, so you thought the high sensitive option now meet your requirement?
@viofo Well I have to tap it very hard to activate it, I have it set to high sensitivity but I think future adjustment updates can still be a bit more sensitive. It seems to be similar to a middle adjustment now. I compare the tap test to my other cam which is a Street Guardian and the SG when set to high sensitivity a tiny light tap will set it off (that's the way it is meant to work my opinion) But its ok for now but maybe for the next firmware update if possible maybe you can adjust it a bit more sensitive. Thank you for taking the time to personally addressing this issue with me.

Back