A119 Firmware

no, that's for us - lovers of power source switching! :) one of the best features added! :)

How can the latest software be downloaded from net and can it be installed in earlier A119 and A119S? I got one as a gift from one well-known member here, hence the enquiry.

How can the latest software be downloaded from net and can it be installed in earlier A119 and A119S? I got one as a gift from one well-known member here, hence the enquiry.
Each model dashcam has its own firmware versions. The A119 1440P 2K resolution firmware will not load on the A119S 1080P DVR. Watch my How To Update Firmware video posted higher on this page.

All my Firmware Modification posts have magically been moved here : https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-modified-firmware.35602/

Last edited:
Each model dashcam has its own firmware versions. The A119 1440P 2K resolution firmware will not load on the A119S 1080P DVR. Watch my How To Update Firmware video posted higher on this page.
can I flash
VIOFO A119 PRO
to a119?

can I flash
VIOFO A119 PRO
to a119?
No it won't work and you shouldn't attempt it. There are differences in the firmware code specific to each VIOFO Dashcam model, never mix and match!

No it won't work and you shouldn't attempt it. There are differences in the firmware code specific to each VIOFO Dashcam model, never mix and match!
lol I will not. Just asking for fun.

lol I will not. Just asking for fun.
BUT - it's possible to copy Image Quality values from A119 PRO firmware and paste into A119 V2. Thats basically what I'm working on now, comparing and capturing best IQ from all 4 DRVs to see if one has better quality, then modify for testing, using all the previously released firmware versions to identify the various functions. Should have something interesting very soon. So in a way your idea of PRO containing better IQ could end up being correct ! All 4 DVRs more or less all use the exact same IQ but the PRO is a little different. Happy MOD'ing.

BUT - it's possible to copy Image Quality values from A119 PRO firmware and paste into A119 V2. Thats basically what I'm working on now, comparing and capturing best IQ from all 4 DRVs to see if one has better quality, then modify for testing, using all the previously released firmware versions to identify the various functions. Should have something interesting very soon. So in a way your idea of PRO containing better IQ could end up being correct ! All 4 DVRs more or less all use the exact same IQ but the PRO is a little different. Happy MOD'ing.
sounds good. how much difference between 119 and 119v2? they are using same firmware right?

sounds good. how much difference between 119 and 119v2? they are using same firmware right?
correct, same firmware, difference is GPS mount and lens.

Other than giving the ability to turn of all beeps, is there any advantage it flashing from FW3.6 to FW3.91?

I have only had the A110 V2 for a few days and still trying out. FW3.6 is the firmware it was delivered with, but I am a little under whelmed by the picture quality. Against my only comparison a YI Smart Dash Cam at 1920x1080 60Fps which is obviously over saturated and sharpen. May be I will try your mods do you suggest a preference at to which one. TIA Tractor

Back