A119 Firmware

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it at viofo.com. On the page it says that it's version 4.0 but after flashing it my camera shows 4.01 in the menu. What are the differences though? I cannot find any changlog. I would like to flash the MOD-Firmware by BCHobbyist but don't know what I could be missing going to 4.0 from 4.01.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it at viofo.com. On the page it says that it's version 4.0 but after flashing it my camera shows 4.01 in the menu. What are the differences though? I cannot find any changlog. I would like to flash the MOD-Firmware by BCHobbyist but don't know what I could be missing going to 4.0 from 4.01.
The next A119 V4 firmware update will include new MENU setting option > Sharpness = Soft / Normal / Strong
I am ready, see you in the other thread.

Hi guys, new here... some questions:

1. Is there anything new about the LDWS/FCWS functions in V3.9 or V4.0? Do they work better or still should silence them? They were noisy and unnecessary in the earlier versions...
2. I have Viofo A119 V2 dashcam with an earlier version (can't remember now, must check it, but I've ordered it few months ago so earlier than 3.9 for sure). How can I flash the new version in a safe way without destroying the cam? I'm really a rookie, 0% experience and afriad...
3. So I saw that in V4.0 we can choose between TS and MP4 rec files, and understood TS is better because "it saves better". But TS also keeps the same high resolution? Does it simply to play TS videos in computers same as MP4 videos (just clicking "play", no special programs)?

Please your help here! Very Important...
And I am really sorry for my bad grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my native language and I am new to this forum... Thanks again :)

Hi guys, new here... some questions:

1. Is there anything new about the LDWS/FCWS functions in V3.9 or V4.0? Do they work better or still should silence them? They were noisy and unnecessary in the earlier versions...
2. I have Viofo A119 V2 dashcam with an earlier version (can't remember now, must check it, but I've ordered it few months ago so earlier than 3.9 for sure). How can I flash the new version in a safe way without destroying the cam? I'm really a rookie, 0% experience and afriad...
3. So I saw that in V4.0 we can choose between TS and MP4 rec files, and understood TS is better because "it saves better". But TS also keeps the same high resolution? Does it simply to play TS videos in computers same as MP4 videos (just clicking "play", no special programs)?

Please your help here! Very Important...
And I am really sorry for my bad grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my native language and I am new to this forum... Thanks again :)
it's very easy to update.
you'll need a firmware file from Viofo web site FWBA119.bin, put it on SD card and start the camera. you'll see short and long REC button flashes and in a minute your camera should be upgraded and start recording.

it's very easy to update.
you'll need a firmware file from Viofo web site FWBA119.bin, put it on SD card and start the camera. you'll see short and long REC button flashes and in a minute your camera should be upgraded and start recording.
Nice, sounds easy. Thanks.
Does it matter which version I have now? Or I can update from any version to any version?

Nice, sounds easy. Thanks.
Does it matter which version I have now? Or I can update from any version to any version?
you can upgrade and downgrade to any version if you have a firmware (or loader)(it's not your case, I think) version 2 or later I think.
PotPlayer plays well TS format.

Dear friends, I've checked and seems that TS records only on 1080P . Everytime I set to 1440P but it changes to 1080P. TS can't be also in 1440P resolution? and if so, what is better - 1440P-MP4 or 1080PTS? I would like to record TS video with 1440P but seems I can't...

and what about the WDR - is there a bug? WDR OFF is actually WDR ON? can anyone tell?

.TS should record regardless of the resolution as it is the .TS file that is converted to MP4. The TS file or Transport Stream is at the heart of most video systems but is usually hidden by the operating system. I have found that with FW 4.0 you need to set the resolution as the last option when setting as seems that if set it before it defaults to 1080. So remember to set 1440p last. As for WDR just set it to what you think is best.

.TS should record regardless of the resolution as it is the .TS file that is converted to MP4. The TS file or Transport Stream is at the heart of most video systems but is usually hidden by the operating system. I have found that with FW 4.0 you need to set the resolution as the last option when setting as seems that if set it before it defaults to 1080. So remember to set 1440p last. As for WDR just set it to what you think is best.
Tried to set last, still shows me he rec 1080P... I'll check again, but tried few times already...

Someone wrote here and uploaded videos which show WDR OFF is actually WDR ON...

Tried to set last, still shows me he rec 1080P... I'll check again, but tried few times already...

Do you have any of the accident avoidance features turned on? Those features only work in 1080p and if on, will not allow 1440p to be activated.

I second that. I also have v4.01 installed and it records at 1440p. Had to set it to 1440p again after changing to TS file format.

I second that. I also have v4.01 installed and it records at 1440p. Had to set it to 1440p again after changing to TS file format.
I double checked this, seems OK, after change to .TS format, camera restarted and keep 1440P mode.

Last edited:

Just checked my A119 FW version 4.00. Confirming LDWS or FCWS to OFF (even if previously set to OFF) by pressing the "!" emergency/confirm button will change the Resolution menu setting from 1440P30 to 1080P30. Exiting the LDWS or FCWS settings by pressing the menu button, does not change the Resolution setting. Perhaps this is your problem. You can verify this without leaving the menu.

{Edit: I routinely check my settings and use the "!" confirm button to confirm and exit the setting. Perhaps this is why I have, on occasion noticed an unexpected change to my resolution setting. All other settings checked this way have no effect on resolution. For me, this is a bug.}

Last edited:
Back