A119 Firmware

Last edited:
I recorded some video with v.4.0 firmware @1440P, 1296P (doesn't look good to me), 1080P@60 & TS@1440P. for comparison only A119 Pro MOD_06 video recorded at the same time. drove around 2-3 blocks so the sun shines from every direction, each loop took about 5-6 minutes.

@viofo Please edit you support website. There is two download links. One for 4.0 and one for 3.91. I found this after 1 hour of reflashing fw and thinking why is still 3.91
web.jpg

Checked new v4.00 Firmware....Looks like VIOFO forgot to change the MENU > Firmware Version > text ??
Your FW MOD-07 (4.0 + 27 Mb/s) is 3.91. You probably did same mistake like me.

Last edited:
Please edit you support website. There is two download links. One for 4.0 and one for 3.91. I found this after 1 hour of reflashing fw and thinking why is still 3.91
View attachment 41150

On this v4.00 > I always double check, no mistake done on my end, but its a very minor text identifier, almost no one looks at anyway. The embedded 'Movie_More' MP4 tag I use for all MODs is much more handy for version ID.
you are looking at wrong MOD correct is:
FWBA119_MOD-5F_v4.00+25Mbps+IQ-F.bin
FWBA119_MOD-7F_v4.00+27Mbps+IQ-F.bin

Last edited:
@viofo Please edit you support website. There is two download links. One for 4.0 and one for 3.91. I found this after 1 hour of reflashing fw and thinking why is still 3.91
View attachment 41150

you downloaded the .bin file from the bottom of the page, I was lucky to download it from the top of the page. :)
the v.4.0 has added .TS file format in addition to .MP4.

HI
I've already update to 4.0 firmware.
I did factory reset. I test with WDR ON AND OFF at night scene low light.
WDR OFF in dark area are brighter than WDR ON. WDR ON in bright area are same with WDR OFF.
I think new firmware in setting menu : WDR OFF is really WDR ON.
Did anyone are same to me?
Sorry for bad English.

HI
I've already update to 4.0 firmware.
I did factory reset. I test with WDR ON AND OFF at night scene low light.
WDR OFF in dark area are brighter than WDR ON. WDR ON in bright area are same with WDR OFF.
I think new firmware in setting menu : WDR OFF is really WDR ON.
Did anyone are same to me?
Sorry for bad English.
Welcome to the DashcamTalk Forum.
Wide Dynamic Range will make adjustments when majority of scene is too dark or too bright, it will ignore smaller regions. Perform on/off test in very dark areas or at dusk to see if WDR performs normally. Good test is driving under trees in shadow in daytime on/off should make a big difference, unless algorithm has changed. Your test results point to a reverse of the on/off controls which is very strange. If this is true you found a BUG and should be reported to VIOFO.

Welcome to the DashcamTalk Forum.
Wide Dynamic Range will make adjustments when majority of scene is too dark or too bright, it will ignore smaller regions. Perform on/off test in very dark areas or at dusk to see if WDR performs normally. Good test is driving under trees in shadow in daytime on/off should make a big difference, unless algorithm has changed. Your test results point to a reverse of the on/off controls which is very strange. If this is true you found a BUG and should be reported to VIOFO.
Hi
Thanks for reply me.
I already test with WDR ON AND OFF again in daylight. My opinion WDR on is a little bit overexposed to get better dynamic range than WDR Off. I drive
But @Night WDR OFF perform better for low light thank WDR on. WDR OFF it look like push ISO more than WDR ON.
I'm so confuse very much. I see if you drive daytime normally you should put WDR ON but IF you drive very dark and low light should put WDR OFF. Please kindly see attach google drive link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KVogVInemG_8QOBlS4lnndZx-BUFyxOa/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQXhbz33iBh0zCAiLcsYycOs4cvUMhhv/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jIANw4LrRrrt0B9K7zXH51DSeD9YITb6/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Txjy46gg7ANLkE7Sg9pvcS4geUFZ5y01/view?usp=sharing

Latest A119 firmware is released , version number is V4.0, below is the download link, or check the attachment:

Checked new v4.00 Firmware Tables, no change to Sharpness or Bit Rate, only WDR preset values. the .TS video format option is nice to have.
Will have to wait longer for other basic IQ improvements or visit the A119 Modified Firmware MODs Archive thread.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35602/

What is the difference between those two formats .TS and .MP4?
I researched this a bit and it appears that quality will be the same as it is only a different container.
Lot of voices online claim that .MP4 is more versatile.
Why would one use .TS format in a DashCam?

Thanks.

The .TS files will still allow you to record even if the capacitors fail where as .MP4 will fail. TS stands for transport stream so the file is as filmed with no format change .

The .TS files will still allow you to record even if the capacitors fail where as .MP4 will fail. TS stands for transport stream so the file is as filmed with no format change .
Would you suggest to use it as a superior format in this case?

Would you suggest to use it as a superior format in this case?
.TS is a better choice for dashcam use because even if the cam somehow gets damaged in teh crash, the file should still be usable as long as you can read from the memory card. if you don't properly "close" a .MP4 file, it may be corrupted and unusable. on the other hand, a .TS doesn't need to be "closed" in the traditional sense, so that last file (usually THE most important one to be recorded) will still be there and still be usable as evidence.

What is the difference between those two formats .TS and .MP4?
I researched this a bit and it appears that quality will be the same as it is only a different container.
Lot of voices online claim that .MP4 is more versatile.
Why would one use .TS format in a DashCam?

Thanks.
Great question,
The main purpose of any Dashcam is for accident and crash evidence. As @Gibson99 perfectly explained TS format will contain that last second of high impact video, MP4 may not save it before dashcam is cracked. There is no difference in image quality or even size.
75% of public should set TS format for all dashcams, the other 25% use MP4 for editing and sharing footage with full video specs for detail comparisons in Alpha & Beta Testing modified firmware for End Users.

Last edited:
Back