A119 Mini 2 Test & Review PP

I am now even more confused.
I thought we both found the Mini 2 to outperform the A139 Pro in most night time, and low light conditions.
Please confirm.
I had a crazy reply written to this and its like my browser reset.

Anyways long story extremely short. Not writing that novel again.

A139 Pro in my opinion still has more detail and still is the clear winner.

There are some instances where I think due to Field of view being wider on A139 Pro. There may be some confusion with timing between Mini 2 video and A139 Pro. My video is all lined up to music playing in car. However if you wait until they are same distance to signs and etc. You will find most instances the A139 Pro is clear winner which is attached in a lot of my screenshots above. But in my long article what I wanted to state is there may be some instances due to field of view and IMX675 could have some positives over IMX678 in certain lighting environments or etc. Either way a 2K dash camera will not beat this 4K dash camera. Not from what I see in original raw video footage.

A139 Pro in my opinion still has more detail and still is the clear winner.
I 100% fully disagree.
Based on the video footage I’m seeing with my cameras this is the exact opposite of what I’m seeing.
During daytime, and good lighting conditions the A139 Pro is the clear winner on image quality, and the Mini 2 is only slightly behind.
However during night time, and low light conditions the A139 Pro falls apart, and things start to look blurry with a ghosting effect.
The Mini 2 copes much better in these low light conditions.

For the price a139pro what it has to offer clearly doesnt have upper hand when compared to a119mini2 imho. It doesnt support 4k in 2ch and above, which is kind of moot unless you want a 1ch 4k for $110 more

For the price a139pro what it has to offer clearly doesnt have upper hand when compared to a119mini2 imho. It doesnt support 4k in 2ch and above, which is kind of moot unless you want a 1ch 4k for $110 more
4K front 30 FPS in 1 and 2 channel mode. In 3 channel mode it does 4K @ 24FPS.

Quick question - can anyone who has the Mini 2 tell me the AWG size of the USB-C charging cable that comes in the box with the camera?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Quick question - can anyone who has the Mini 2 tell me the AWG size of the USB-C charging cable that comes in the box with the camera?

Thanks.

I don't have a Mini 2 but my guess would be 22 AWG. Viofo cams usually require a thicker power wire size or use it for good measure.

can anyone who has the Mini 2 tell me the AWG size of the USB-C charging cable that comes in the box with the camera?
USB Power Cable AWG Sizes
20AWG: A129 Pro
20AWG: A129 Plus
22AWG: A119 Mini
20AWG: A229
20AWG: A139 Pro
24AWG: WM1
??AWG: A119 Mini 2

When I first unboxed my production / retail Mini 2 I immediately noticed Viofo changed the USB Type-C Power Cable.
1.) The plastic molding around the C connector appeared to be different.
2.) The entire length of cable is devoid of and markings, identifications, etc.
I started tracking this, and labeling all my cables when I experienced a power starvation malfunction (endless boot loop) when I accidentally used the 22AWG Mini 1 cable with the A229.
I wish @viofo would standardize and make all cables 20AWG.

Imagine a first time dash cam buyer installing the 24AWG WM1 power cable in their car, (under carpet, A-pillar, under headliner).
Next year the decide they want to replace the WM1 with a higher end model, (A139 Pro, A229 Pro, etc).
So they use the new camera with the old 24AWG WM1 power wire already installed.
Guess what, now they will be experiencing boot up, and recording malfunctions due to power starvation from the too thin 24AWG wires.
And guess who’ll they’ll blame and leave 1 star reviews for?
“The new camera must be junk!”

It really gets my goat when @viofo tries to save a few pennies by including only the minimum necessary AWG size power cable for each camera.
Only to have it come back and bite them in the rear 10 fold through unnecessary / wasteful tech support inquiry, and overall consumer dissatisfaction.
My father used to say; “Buy cheap, pay twice”
Sorry for the rant. Lol
-Chuck

Attachments

• WM1 .jpg
    WM1 .jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 8
  • A119 Mini 2 Down .jpg
    A119 Mini 2 Down .jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Pick a card, any card. .jpg
    Pick a card, any card. .jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 12
  • A119 Mini 2 Up .jpg
    A119 Mini 2 Up .jpg
    891 KB · Views: 12
  • Original A119 Mini .jpg
    Original A119 Mini .jpg
    771.5 KB · Views: 9
  • A139 Pro .jpg
    A139 Pro .jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 7
  • A229 .jpg
    A229 .jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 7
  • A129 Plus .jpg
    A129 Plus .jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 6
  • A129 Pro .jpg
    A129 Pro .jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 8
Agree with all that, PP. It's nuts. I was surprised how thin the cable is with my WM1, though I've had no problems with it. I wonder why no markings on the Mini 2 cable? Would you hazard a guess that it's 22AWG?

When I first unboxed my production / retail Mini 2 I immediately noticed Viofo changed the USB Type-C Power Cable.
I started tracking this, and labeling all my cables when I experienced a power starvation malfunction (endless boot loop) when I accidentally used the 22AWG Mini 1 cable with the A229.

Imagine a first time dash cam buyer installing the 24AWG WM1 power cable in their car, (under carpet, A-pillar, under headliner).
Next year the decide they want to replace the WM1 with a higher end model, (A139 Pro, A229 Pro, etc).
Guess what, now they will be experiencing boot up, and recording malfunctions due to power starvation from the too thin 24AWG wires.

It really gets my goat when @viofo tries to save a few pennies by including only the minimum necessary AWG size power cable for each camera.
Only to have it come back and bite them in the rear 10 fold through unnecessary / wasteful tech support inquiry, and overall consumer dissatisfaction.
Sorry for the rant. Lol
-Chuck
Thanks for your suggestion, we will take it into consideration.(y)

Sorry for the rant. Lol
-Chuck
We have confirmed with our factory that the cable for A119mini2 is 20AWG.

I got mine today. It's 28awg or I don't know how to read this

There are at least two wires inside the cable (probably several) One would be the power wire which would be the thickest (24AWG) and the others would be a ground wire and data wires which would be thinner (28 AWG). At least that is what your photo seems to show. (hard to see actually - maybe the 28 is really 20?)

The A119 Mini 2 is now available on Amazon US.
The whole point of purchasing from Amazon is;
1.) 2-Day Shipping (instead of 10-15 days from the Viofo Official Website)
2.) 30-Day Return Policy with FREE return shipping (Viofo Official Website: if the camera is defective the consumer must pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong).

The current release promotion price is $120 with free $15 CPL Filter, (see attached screenshot).
When they get back from celebrating their summer holiday I should be sent an 5% off promo code.
I guess I need to work on putting together my YouTube review for the A119 Mini 2.
-Chuck

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-25 6.26.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-25 6.26.55 AM.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The A119 Mini 2 is now available on Amazon US.
The whole point of purchasing from Amazon is;
1.) 2-Day Shipping (instead of 10-15 days from the Viofo Official Website)
2.) 30-Day Return Policy with FREE return shipping (Viofo Official Website: if the camera is defective the consumer must pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong).

The current release promotion price is $120 with free $15 CPL Filter, (see attached screenshot).
When they get back from celebrating their summer holiday I should be sent an 8% off promo code.
I guess I need to work on putting together my YouTube review for the A119 Mini 2.
-Chuck

With 8% promo code it may make sense if you want asap.

I got mine yday Jun 24,

..>> Viofo Official Website: if the camera is defective the consumer must pay the return shipping back to Hong Kong

I thought they gave you a label to US address.

Back