A119 Mini 2 Test & Review PP

Buy from a local seller and you ship back to them, not China.
1.) Does the consumer pay return shipping back to the local seller?
2.) Why would the average consumer buy from a local seller instead of Amazon US?

When I return something to Amazon I drop it off at my local UPS Store without packaging, or payment, and I receive a full cash refund the same day.
How can it be any easier than that? Lol

2.) Why would the average consumer buy from a local seller instead of Amazon US?

A good local seller like @CaptureYourAction will provide you with a level of service and integrity as a customer you will never get from Amazon. I can't recommend him highly enough. There is no better Viofo vendor on this forum.

1.) Does the consumer pay return shipping back to the local seller?

When I return something to Amazon I drop it off at my local UPS Store without packaging, or payment, and I receive a full cash refund the same day.
How can it be any easier than that? Lol
If there is an issue with the camera within 30 days, then we cover the shipping. If you just don’t want/like it, then buyer pays.

If there is an issue after 30 days, then it’s generally the buyer’s responsibility to cover the cost of shipping the item to us. We cover shipping of the fixed/replacement camera.

Yes, Amazon will cover the return shipping cost if there is an issue within 30 days, but they generally will not accept returns after that (I’m sure there are some exceptions). You will then deal directly with the seller.

Incorrect.
Confirm & verify.

The only interaction I had with vifio support is when I had a119v3 last month which was bought from Amazon. They gave an option to return for warranty claim in US address. My recent purchase was at ali, so no idea how things work if I were to do a warranty repair. It's just been a day since I installed lol.

Also they may need to add some trigger word for the dashcam, like "Hey dashcam" followed by command.

It picked up something y'day when I was listening to podcast lol. The blanket implementation is somewhat dangerous for me who listens to lot of podcast. Atleast allow me to disable certain commands like "Stop the video"

Page @VIOFO-Support

If there is an issue with the camera within 30 days, then we cover the shipping. If you just don’t want/like it, then buyer pays.

If there is an issue after 30 days, then it’s generally the buyer’s responsibility to cover the cost of shipping the item to us. We cover shipping of the fixed/replacement camera.

Yes, Amazon will cover the return shipping cost if there is an issue within 30 days, but they generally will not accept returns after that (I’m sure there are some exceptions). You will then deal directly with the seller.

Not only that, but unlike Amazon you spend 7 days a week here on the forum supporting people along with answering product questions and members are only a PM away from customer service. And not every customer service issue involves returning a product.

I recall when the first V3 I purchased from you had a focus issue on one side and you sent out a replacement as soon as you saw the screen shots I sent you, leaving me with a working camera that I could ship back to you at my leisure after the new one arrived.

I buy from Amazon all the time but there is nothing like a good local seller. I go out of my way to support worthy small businesses like CaptureYourAction. We are at risk of losing valued small businesses to the likes of Amazon if we don't.

Last edited:
Also they may need to add some trigger word for the dashcam, like "Hey dashcam" followed by command.

It picked up something y'day when I was listening to podcast lol. The blanket implementation is somewhat dangerous for me who listens to lot of podcast. Atleast allow me to disable certain commands like "Stop the video"

Page @VIOFO-Support
Thanks for your good suggestions. These voice commands are fixed once produced from the factory actually. And they are almost the same for all the dashcams in the market, so it is very expensive to customize.

Amazon US 5% Off Promo Code Expires July, 25 2023: PANZERMINI2
A119 Mini 2 + (Free $15 CPL Filter) = $112.49
See attached screenshot.
-Chuck

Attachments

• 5% Off Promo Code PANZERMINI2 .png
    5% Off Promo Code PANZERMINI2 .png
    224.6 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for your good suggestions. These voice commands are fixed once produced from the factory actually. And they are almost the same for all the dashcams in the market, so it is very expensive to customize.

Oh nerve knew that. Isn't that not controlled by software?

Atleast Garmin, has "Hey Garmin" trigger word. Again I tell ya, it's very dangerous to have a blanket implementation. Prolly you may need to come up with a stop gap to avoid some angry Amazon reviews.

Horizontal angle for main camera +- 100°
Thank you for measuring.
Is this 2560x1440?
Is this 16:9 Aspect Ratio?
On my monitor it looks super wide like the 2560x1080 resolution.
I wonder if the FOV changes with different resolution settings?
Also can you measure the A119 Mini 1, A139 Pro, and WM1 for comparison?
-Chuck

Does the suction cup mount works with a119 mini2???

I can't even view the product page.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/B0C5J4FXXH

Back