A119 Pre-production beta test, bugs, fixes, FW and suggestions

This firmware is from august. Why offering download link?

Update the loader also for beta.

enjoy,
Mtz

Link = So there is no confusion which firmware I am talking about ..

So does this mean the beta / pre production cams can run the same firmware as the production cams ?

Of course!

enjoy,
Mtz

Just got around to updating my pre production A119 with latest beta vesion VIOFO provided on this link: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-firmware.22223/

It worked just fine. As jokiin suggested I formatted the card in the camera, installed the boot loader using my Mac, inserted the card into the camera installed in the car, after it booted up, formatted the card again. Powered the camera down, removed the card, loaded the bin. file on the card with my Mac, put the card into the camera in the car and powered it up, it updated normally ( flashing buttons, etc.)

All's good.

Last edited:
Just updated to V2 firmware ( A119 Beta cam )
Also hot glued the lens to stop it from moving from side to side ( Fixed @ 5 to 10 deg toward oncoming traffic ) .
Will go out and capture some video ASAP .

Viofo A119 Beta with V2 Firmware upgrade ..
The light across my windshield is due to my cleaning the windshield .. ( Might be due to chemical residue - window cleaner )
I got the same effect with another cam

Check very close your lens to not be cracked or having another problem.

enjoy,
Mtz

No , when I pulled the car out of direct sunlight there was no streak of light ..
I might still have the footage from the V3 action cam

I think its a result of chemical residue from the window cleaner liquid I used when cleaning my windshield ...
Footage from the V3 Action Cam

Another vid ( V2 Firmware upgrade )

Ok , looks like the V2 Firmware might be problematic ..
Screen is flickering ( LCD ) artifacts are creeping into the video , as well as audio issues ....
I have re-set to factory default and left the cam on the default settings ( Which is what I did before or after the initial update to V2 )
Might need to backtrack the firmware to an earlier one .

Screen is flickering ( LCD ) artifacts are creeping into the video , as well as audio issues ....
I have re-set to factory default and left the cam on the default settings ( Which is what I did before or after the initial update to V2 )
I never had that on my A119

I went for a drive , I will have to check the footage .. ( Factory Settings )

I re-set the cam to fact default 3 times to be sure ... ( ? )

That sounds like either a failing power supply or bad cable from power supply to camera. If you have gps, maybe try plugging direct to camera instead of the GPS mount.

That sounds like either a failing power supply or bad cable from power supply to camera. If you have gps, maybe try plugging direct to camera instead of the GPS mount.
You're usually right on the money.:D

I checked the cable several times ..
After resetting to factory default 3 times in a row it looks to have settled ..
I should have plenty of USB cable around , so if it comes back I can swap the cable and see what happens .
Or maybe swap cables between cams ( thats an idea )
Still need to check the footage for artifacts ..

Ok , time for an update !
I had time this morning to go in and see if I could not find the problem ..
So after the firmware update I got flickering ( screen ) and artifacts in the video ..
Apparently what it is , the cam no longer likes the hardwire kit ..
I tried a bunch of different cables and the problem persists .. But once I changed over to the other ( Brand ) hardwire kit , the A119 seems to be running fine ( seems )
Also the A118c has had the firmware updated and it also does not like this hardwire kit ( Flickering screen )

So , I have had to remove one of my forward cams to accommodate the new arrangement .. ( The A118c is now a spare cam )
I hope to do a hardwire mod for the back when the hardware gets here , so the A118c might move to the back window .

Back