A119 Pre-production beta test, bugs, fixes, FW and suggestions

Thanks @viofo ! I will try to make the update tonight and test it on tomorrow's driving!

I'll start testing asap, thank you!

By the way: please, update also first post with this new firmware version

OK, thanks for testing, once the final A119 out, We will start to send to you the final version.

Just updated. I found an error I had already seen. After installing the firmware I used the menu to set all the items (1080p@60, WDR on, 50hz refresh, car name, g-sensor sensitivity low, 10 min length). After that, Viofo A119 has not started recording and the red icon in the display wasn't flashing. Even restarting the dashcam the problem is not solved. The only way to have a working dashcam was immediately press the menu button on power and change the recording resolution; after this, Viofo began recording.

Note: default value for refresh is 60hz, but it should be 50hz (maybe you can use GMT settings to understand if user is in USA or in Europe)

Will update my A119 later tonight

@fiji @viofo Hi guys. I downloaded the new FW's archive and in the archive are two bin files: FWBA119 and LDBA119 and one txt file: release note. Do I have to put both bin file on the SD card to update my pre-production A119 or is enough (and I did it before) to only put the FWBA119.bin file?
I guess the LDBA119.bin file is related to L(ane) D(eparture) warning function that is only available using the GPS module and this is not the case for our pre-production A119.
Thanks!

Hi. I successfully updated to 7 June 2016 FW using only the FWBA119.bin file. If I set the A119 to 1920x1080@60fps, WDR ON, car name, 50hz refresh, g-sensor OFF and 3 minutes clips my pre-production Viofo A119 automatically started to record.
As per @viofo change log mentioned above:

1. Beep Warning while promot for card format: I did not test it
  2. Show GPS data on video: I did not test it due to lack of GPS
  3. Show VIOFO A119 stamp on video: Confirmed. It is in the bottom - center position
  4. Improved LCD brightness: Confirmed. The LCD is brighter and a little sharper. To be checked during bright day time

@fiji @viofo Hi guys. I downloaded the new FW's archive and in the archive are two bin files: FWBA119 and LDBA119 and one txt file: release note. Do I have to put both bin file on the SD card to update my pre-production A119 or is enough (and I did it before) to only put the FWBA119.bin file?
I guess the LDBA119.bin file is related to L(ane) D(eparture) warning function that is only available using the GPS module and this is not the case for our pre-production A119.
Thanks!
LDBA119.bin is loader, if the firmware file name changed, need upgrade with loader first. You don't need this.

Thank you Bill @viofo for the information about the LDBA119.bin file. My guess was wrong, sorry!

I upgraded with both bin files in my sd card (no text file). No problem at all during upgrade.

@fiji : Thanks for the reply!
Off-topic: I wish the "squadra azzurra" will beat Germany, although a game against Germany is always a hard game. But this will make the winning more beautiful.

Off-topic @Padwanjoe : I don't care if Italy loses the European championships. The only thing I really hope with all my strength is that we defeat Germany. God, if you exist, only this Saturday give your help to defeat Germany ...

Off-topic: @fiji May God answer to your wish!
But for the winning of the European championship, I have, now, another favorite:... Iceland! To repeat the performance of Greece (2004).
End of off-topic.

I tried searching for information on this, but didn't see any. Has anyone tested the GPS logger with the A119 and how well it works? On my Street Guardian SG9665GC, I could use the Registrator Viewer program to view the GPS data. Would I be able to use the same with video files from the A119?

Hi. As far as I know the A119 free samples kindly offered by Bill @viofo to a few dashcam forum members, were without GPS module.

can you also add the instructions of what to do when there's an LD file included in the firmware update? basically if there's an LD file, you need to put that on the SD card by itself (no other files/folders), put it in the camera and power up, let it flash, then put the FW file on the card by itself and flash it the same way.

Back