A119 Pre-production beta test, bugs, fixes, FW and suggestions

can you also add the instructions of what to do when there's an LD file included in the firmware update? basically if there's an LD file, you need to put that on the SD card by itself (no other files/folders), put it in the camera and power up, let it flash, then put the FW file on the card by itself and flash it the same way.
Not good to add the instructions for loader file, in future will not include the loader file while release new firmware unless we changed the file name, avoid confusion.

Ok, have not added that to the thread.

I finally had a chance to flash the latest firmware a couple days ago. After the usual format ( in camera) it seemed to be working fine. I set it to 1080p60 and tried turning on the LDWS and the other crash avoidance thing, but so far I haven't seen them do anything, even when changing lanes on the highway. And the entire time I've had the camera, I have not once had a lock file from the g sensor, even with it on high sensitivity. That's really bizarre since my truck has really hard suspension - I expected to have a ton of lock files from the g sensor, but nope, not one.

Anyway, with this latest firmware, when I press the emergency button, it either doors nothing at all, or does it very slow - it shows the big triangle and plays 3 beeps almost 30 seconds after I hit the button. After I saw that, I tried it while parked. It beeps once when i clicked the button, but then I noticed the red circle record icon on screen was gone - it looked like it wasn't recording. Then about 20-30 seconds later (sorry I didn't count exactly), I got the big yellow triangle and 3 beeps.

I am in the middle of moving and my computer is in a box, so I can't easily check the videos to see if it made emg files when I pressed lock.

Oh yeah, one other thing... I turned off screen saver so the screen is on all the time ( I wanted to see what LDWS would do) and when I shut off the car, I noticed that the screen slowly fades away to nothing as the capacitors lose their charge. I really need to check the card to see if those last files are OK when I turn off the car. Hopefully I'll have time tonight but no promises. If the files are OK then maybe instead of fading away it can show a "shutting down" message or the viofo logo as it fades out so it doesn't look broken.

did you rest defaults after updating?
No, forgot about that. Maybe that could be added to the instructions.

I turned off LDWS and fcws and the emergency button started working normally again. Didn't pay attention to how it turned off when I got home tonight... I was so ready to be done moving furniture and boxes and everything, and wash the day away ASAP. Still need to pull the card and check the files but that can wait till tomorrow. Now, sleep. :D

Sorry everyone for not being too active lately, work got in the way :)

Is 20160607 still the latest FW?

Sorry everyone for not being too active lately, work got in the way :)

Is 20160607 still the latest FW?
They just released a new beta version today. They posted it in one of the threads, but don't remember which one. Maybe they have it on the Viofo site.

Thanks, just checked Viofo and it is not posted there yet. Will see if I can find the link.

Thanks for that, have updated this thread.

Hi all.

Thank you for Viofo new firmware

There are a few requests to work A119:
1) when you turn on record mode, Motion Detection, save 10sec record previously from the buffer
2) if you enable the Time-lapse (200 msec), do not turn on the screen every 3min (installation Loop recording) and not to voice this event

With respect Peter.

sorry for the noob question but I wasn't able to find the answer with search. how do you properly update the firmware? is it just s simple matter of copying the bin file onto the base of the memory card and powering up the dash cam?

Tested the new firmware.
Confirm, noise in low light less, but was a bit worse to shoot in the dark.
Also tried to remove hot pixels using the engineering menu, by creating a file ENGMODE. But dashcam just start ignoring this file. Tried with different firmware versions.
VIOFO please check and leave feedback.

Just added 0805 FW to the first page

Viofo said that he will post the change log once this beta is officially released.

Reactions: Fyl
Will update after the change log is posted....thanks

Reactions: Fyl
I have siccessfuly update the A119 to this 13 August FW. The first thing noticed is the add of the option to have or not to have the name A119 embeded in the video.

Back