A119 Pre-production beta test, bugs, fixes, FW and suggestions

i thought the power button not waking up the screen was fixed in the 426 firmware.

as for inversion - maybe he means how the white audi transformed into a small white hatch with a cargo box on the roof? :p

what's the meaning of frame 'inversion' ?

Look at the files. Some frames looks like in wrong order.

also always best to share unedited files for analysis

You are right but I have a small upload bandwidth. So I cut the files with MKVtoolnix WITHOUT transcoding, so you get only the mean part of the video.

best to share uncut videos, your videos seem jerky on playback but can't say for sure unless looking at a raw file

I will have to investigate further, but I believe mine closes the last file fine.

That Power Button behavior is how it behaved before the 0426 FW. Since I installed that FW the power button wakes my screen instantly on the first press. So something very odd on yours for sure.

Also not sure what you mean by frame inversion.

LWDC and FWDS, I have no comment as truthfully I have never tested that as I see it as a useless option.

Also not sure what you mean by frame inversion.

Oh friend, I can't explain better then this. Look at video. It's like time go ahead, then behind, then ahead again. It's like a deja-vu matrix glitch. Look at video at suggested time, you will notice a problem in the video.

LWDC and FWDS, I have no comment as truthfully I have never tested that as I see it as a useless option.

Yes, I know, I think they are useless and I will never use them in real life, but we are beta tester and (in my opinion) we have to test also unused features because we should grant everything work fine. Or at least that's what I mean to be a beta tester and that's why some of us got a free unit sample ...

the video is stuttering but I don't recall anyone else reporting this, none of the sample video I have seen does this, your mention of other problems like corrupt files suggest either a hardware problem or a memory card problem, have you tried a different card at all, which card are you using and was it formatted in the camera?

I'm using a new 64gb Samsung Evo class 10 UHS 1, used only in Viofo A119 and never before. I can't format it inside Viofo because it was exfat formatted and Viofo doesn't recognize it. So I formatted it using FAT32Formatter , Viofo recognized it and then I formatted again. I don't think it's a sd card problem because audio has no problem in that video. If you see the frames, you can see there are frames without date and time, so I think it's a firmware problem.

I'll test with another sdcard today.

By the way, I think we can't think a bug isn't a bug if it happens only to me: every beta tester is 10% (or 5%, I don't know) of future customers, so if something happens to 10% of customers is a big problem.

By the way, I think we can't think a bug isn't a bug if it happens only to me: every beta tester is 10% (or 5%, I don't know) of future customers, so if something happens to 10% of customers is a big problem.

for sure, your corrupt files on shutdown suggest some bigger issues though

I did new tests this morning:
- disabled LDWS & FCWS and date time overlay (I didn't set any CARNO so no overlay)
- let enabled 1080p@60, WDR on
- used the same sdcard

All worked well. File closed without problem and no stuttering.

So I have these hypothesis (need further tests):
- LDWS or FCWS impact on cpu / video recording
- overlay impact on video recording (date time overlay)
- overheat problem (my car was under the sun yesterday)
- sd hardware contacts (or other problems) slow down transfer performance

Hi. I had no recording problems when used:
- 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps, WDR set to ON, latest FW;
- date & time overlay;
- CAR NO overlay;
- LDWS & FCWS set to OFF;
- Kingston 32 GB Class 10 Micro-SDHC card
- A119 sat in car for 3 hours before driving and the exterior temperature was around 26 Celsius (sun, no clouds);
- last file was properly saved and playable in Windows PC.

i have not had any problems either:
1080p60
WDR ON
426 firmware
date/time/carno ON
LDWS/FCWS OFF
sandisk 16gb class 10
parked in the sun all day (already over 30c during the day here)

maybe it's the LDWS stuff? i'll have to try turning it on and see if that causes corruption... and if it's annoying like i expect it to be.

Gibson99, we guessed the cause. I did new tests. I tested LDWS on & FCWS on; LDWS off & FCWS on; LDWS off & FCWS off; LDWS on & FCWS off.
Only when LDWS is on, the video is not saved correctly and power & menu buttons have big delays when pressed (5 or more seconds).

Please confirm LDWS doesn't work in your units; please test also at different resolutions (I only tested 1080p@60 fps).

Gibson99, we guessed the cause. I did new tests. I tested LDWS on & FCWS on; LDWS off & FCWS on; LDWS off & FCWS off; LDWS on & FCWS off.
Only when LDWS is on, the video is not saved correctly and power & menu buttons have big delays when pressed (5 or more seconds).

Please confirm LDWS doesn't work in your units; please test also at different resolutions (I only tested 1080p@60 fps).

something they'll need to fix, I'm sure @viofo will appreciate the test results as it will help to sort it out

Oh no.....please don't make me turn 'that' on.....please.

:)
Well I turned it on fora quick trip to pick up dinner tonight. It didn't make any noises or anything when I changed lanes, so I'm not real worried about it. Then again, I didn't get on the highway either. Haven't checked the files yet (dinner first!) But I won't be surprised if the last file for each trip is bad.

Well I turned it on fora quick trip to pick up dinner tonight. It didn't make any noises or anything when I changed lanes, so I'm not real worried about it. Then again, I didn't get on the highway either. Haven't checked the files yet (dinner first!) But I won't be surprised if the last file for each trip is bad.
just reviewed the files. on the quick trip to pick up dinner, the last file as i got to the restaurant was corrupt - will not play in vlc. however, the last file when i got back home was ok - it plays fine.

1080p60, wdr on, ldws on, fcws off, gps off, g-sensor medium. didn't try other resolutions yet.

With all these corrupt files if the problem is not really the LDWS feature, maybe it is consuming too much power, then I expect @viofo to think to other power supply. Or maybe to use bigger capacitors to have enough power to close the video even LDWS is used.

Watching at some videos and comparisons I expect other lenses to be used in final version. In some video comparisons I like the details and white color of old firmware when it was with blue tint. With new firmware the blue tint is not evident but the white is not so nice (my personal taste) and details not so good.
Also the cameras with smaller angle have an advantage regarding details so I think is better to have a narrower lens. I always was a fan of 120 degrees lens but this value is not so good for product sales purposes, many people want very wide lens when buying a camera and just later they discover it is not for their advantage. I don't want to start a discussion about lens angle I am sure @viofo will take the best decision for us.

enjoy,
Mtz

More likely the LDWS feature is interrupting the shutdown process, should be a firmware problem rather than a power issue, I'm sure the engineers will be able to sort it out

I was thinking that LDWS needs more processor to calculate and it is searching from some changes to start warning.

There are other words starting with 'S', maybe one of these:
Sony
?
I think you are right! Also the Super is nice!
If the C from A118C was because of capacitor now is no reason to have A119C and maybe A119CS because both are with capacitors.

enjoy
Mtz

Another bug (latest firmware 426 v1): when in mass storage mode rec button is on (it should be off, we are not recording)

Back