A119 PRO?!?

They released firmware v1.2 for the PRO, but it didn't say it improved nighttime IQ.

I don't have the random white screen issue. Should I upgrade?

Sometimes a changelog isn't complete and the manufacturer did more than explicitly mentioned. That said, I did not see any improvements yet.

Maybe you can check the A119 PRO Firmware Thread and check for other users' updates on the new 1.2 Firmware.
If there are no further changes, other than the White Screen Issue, I would not update immediately, unless ofcourse you experienced a White Screen.

I flashed my PRO with the new firmware earlier but I forgot to play with the settings. I didn't even set the time right after flashing. Does that mean WDR=OFF? Resolution seems to be at 1440p so that's a good thing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Top is firmware v1.0, bottom is v1.2. I noticed the image quality somewhat improved but I don't know if that's generally because WDR is off?

Edit: The video were taken on different nights so it's not really an apple to apple comparison but you get the idea....

Not really sure but I know I left WDR off on mine because all videos I have seen for the Pro had poor night quality while it is on. Hoping they do in fact fix that, as well as overall night quality, with subsequent firmware releases.

After my firmware update ALL settings defaulted to factory. And yes that means WDR is OFF.
Don't know for sure, but I think I had to set the resolution to 1440p again (from 1080p).

A small advice guys. Gonna buy a new SD card for this bad boy. How many hours of recording can fit on the 64GB card with setting 1440p?

A small advice guys. Gonna buy a new SD card for this bad boy. How many hours of recording can fit on the 64GB card with setting 1440p?

I get maybe 3 hours on a 32GB card, so assume double that.

+ - 6 hours 4 mins

If I already have an A119v2 or A119S with GPS mount, can I just pop the old cam off and pop the new A119 Pro into the existing GPS mount (reusing the hardwire kit too)? Or did the mounting assembly change as well?

Yes same GPS is used on the Pro, same mini usb power too.

Just picked up an A119 Pro from Amazon UK for £53. It is the SpyTec version, but apart from a printed card flyer in the box, everything else is branded Viofo, inc. the firmware. It also came with the GPS mount. That's a steal IMO ....

Just picked up an A119 Pro from Amazon UK for £53. It is the SpyTec version, but apart from a printed card flyer in the box, everything else is branded Viofo, inc. the firmware. It also came with the GPS mount. That's a steal IMO ....
That's a very good deal. Much less than SpyTec's price for the A119 (£73).

Thanks for the heads-up - I was undecided between several of the Viofo products but at that price it's a no brainer.

I purchased mine Sunday from Spy Tec\Amazon and it arrived yesterday already. If anyone is interested I can upload a short video tonight so you can see real world quality from a random person. Don't have the CPL Filter yet.

Quick video from this morning, recorded in 1440p originally. Edit: Firmware v1.2.

Last edited:
@krole - you must be imnpressed - that does look good.

Can you confirm what firmware version you are running on it for the members please?

@krole - you must be imnpressed - that does look good.

Can you confirm what firmware version you are running on it for the members please?

v1.2

I even told my self eariler to include that.

Yes the quality is much better than my old A118C :D

Maybe I just had the radio down but the audio seems quieter than before.

40/60 aim rule is best. 40% Sky max, 60% road/cars/hood

Back