A119 V3 not overwriting parking files

xmen155

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
So I was reviewing my files the other day and noticed that a bunch of old parking mode files are still stored in the SD card. They were not overwritten like regular files do during loop recording. Is there a setting to address this? I'm currently using v1.03 build 20190911, and DO NOT want to update the firmware as it gives me more problems instead.

Are they write protected files? G-sensor triggered. Check the file attributes for read only.

Are they write protected files? G-sensor triggered. Check the file attributes for read only.
Not G-sensor triggered, just regular motion detection during parking mode. I checked the files and yes they are read only, thus not overwritten. In fact, all my parking mode files including recent ones are read only. How can I change this?

Not G-sensor triggered, just regular motion detection during parking mode. I checked the files and yes they are read only, thus not overwritten. In fact, all my parking mode files including recent ones are read only. How can I change this?

As a troubleshooting measure, if you haven't already tried yet, turn off the G-sensor completely and see if it still happens.

I'm not sure, but, do saved PM files only get overriden with newer read only PM files ?

So you basically have 2 folders both overriding within each.

As a troubleshooting measure, if you haven't already tried yet, turn off the G-sensor completely and see if it still happens.
Disabled the regular g-sensor (parking mode g-sensor only has low/med/high), same thing.
I'm not sure, but, do saved PM files only get overriden with newer read only PM files ?

So you basically have 2 folders both overriding within each.
All the PM files are collected at the bottom (sorted by date). I think the camera just overwrites as the card fills up, and doesn't have the ability differentiate between regular and PM files. Regardless, all my PM files are marked read only.

Does no one else have this issue? All your PM files are NOT read only? Perhaps it's a firmware thing, in which case I'll just leave it as is. PM files aren't that big and I'm fine with deleting them/formatting the card every so often.

As i understand it on newer systems, some % of the memory space are set aside for event files, and these will also get overwritten as that memory space fill up.
But how large % of the total memory space i dont know, i did a little testing with my SG9663DC system and it was not a small amount, but the exact number i can not recall, just that with just a little due diligence you dont have to be afraid your event will be lost in recycling.

Older systems like Lukas, you could choose how much of the memory card you wanted to set aside for events, but that is not the case with many or at least some of the newer systems.
Thinkware and Blackvue ASO i still think they let you decide event space, but not sure if those then recycle footage within that space

Back