A119s and weird things

Mayurhuria

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello guys
First post here. So I bought a viofo a119s last year. That time I was not the member of the forum but I chose it mainly because of many good report about it on the forum and my need.

ISSUE:-
The cam was doing fine but from a past few months, the cam is showing weird things
1). The cam starts up fine, shows all the beeps etc and honestly I don't notice it mostly mainly because it works fine most of the time but sometimes while driving out of nowhere I hear the beep sound like the cam has just started and recording I checked it and yes it was a new clip that time.
2).another thing is cam sometimes goes into continous on/off phase like getting on off repeatedly.

Now I thought it coulf be software issue so Yesterday I upgraded to latest software i.e 2.4 to 2.6 but ovcasionaly I still feel issue no. 1

Now I am getting frustated of it.

What is solution to this?

P.S:- the car used to park in typical sunlight for almost whole day and temp used to go 46 degrees.

Looking for a solution
TIA

Hello guys
First post here. So I bought a viofo a119s last year. That time I was not the member of the forum but I chose it mainly because of many good report about it on the forum and my need.

ISSUE:-
The cam was doing fine but from a past few months, the cam is showing weird things
1). The cam starts up fine, shows all the beeps etc and honestly I don't notice it mostly mainly because it works fine most of the time but sometimes while driving out of nowhere I hear the beep sound like the cam has just started and recording I checked it and yes it was a new clip that time.
2).another thing is cam sometimes goes into continous on/off phase like getting on off repeatedly.

Now I thought it coulf be software issue so Yesterday I upgraded to latest software i.e 2.4 to 2.6 but ovcasionaly I still feel issue no. 1

Now I am getting frustated of it.

What is solution to this?

P.S:- the car used to park in typical sunlight for almost whole day and temp used to go 46 degrees.

Looking for a solution
TIA
might be the cable got bad.
bring the camera home, power up by connecting with a short USB cable to a phone / wall charger, format the SD card and let it run for 12-24 hours, check the video. if the camera doesn't reboot at home replace the cable in a car.
and welcome to the forum!

TIA
I had exactly this problem. I was using a cheap 32 Gb memory card. The problem solved after i bought a new high speed one.

might be the cable got bad.
bring the camera home, power up by connecting with a short USB cable to a phone / wall charger, format the SD card and let it run for 12-24 hours, check the video. if the camera doesn't reboot at home replace the cable in a car.
and welcome to the forum!
Hey nice idea
But issue is sometimes it happens couple of times in a day or sometimes once in 2-3 day

I had exactly this problem. I was using a cheap 32 Gb memory card. The problem solved after i bought a new high speed one.
Well I am using sandisk class 10, 64gb card and the cam was working fine from a year but this issue occured just few months ago

Well I am using sandisk class 10, 64gb card and the cam was working fine from a year but this issue occured just few months ago
Test your card with h2testw (Windows) or F4 (Mac). It's a great tool to have for testing cards! I'll also add that you need to make sure you purchase your cards from an authorized dealer to make sure they're authentic. There's way too many fake cards being sold!

I didn't have this problem from the begining also.
From many experienced users around here, Sandisk memory cards are problematic.
But A1 Ultra from Sandisk has good feedback. This what i use now, în 64 Gb version.

Test your card with h2testw (Windows) or F4 (Mac). It's a great tool to have for testing cards! I'll also add that you need to make sure you purchase your cards from an authorized dealer to make sure they're authentic. There's way too many fake cards being sold!
Hey thanks. Ill sure do this test.
The card is authentic. I am sure because I got it changed from Sandisk authorised service center once.

So basically issues could be faulty
1).memory card
2).wiring

Another thing I saw some of the video clip last month and the video quality was really worse especially night videos

Image quality hasn't changed since version 1.7.

Try a different/new card.

Image quality hasn't changed since version 1.7.

Try a different/new card.
Hey harsh.
What I meant was the video was like watching a distorted signal doordarshan channel on a black and white tv.

I will try a different card. I have another sandisk premium 32gb class 10 card that is dedicated for recording 4k videos(I forget the model name and speed etc)
Lets see

Are you using the supplied Mini USB cable and power supply? I experienced what you're describing but that was due to a 3rd party 4M cable.

If you plan on getting a new card, get Samsung U1 or U3.

Are you using the supplied Mini USB cable and power supply? I experienced what you're describing but that was due to a 3rd party 4M cable.

If you plan on getting a new card, get Samsung U1 or U3.
Yes harsh it is hardwired and I am using the along with supplied cable.
I will see the other memory card fix this if so then will order a new one.

Yes harsh it is hardwired and I am using the along with supplied cable.
I will see the other memory card fix this if so then will order a new one.

Hardwired? Do you mean a hardwired female 12V socket + the supplied cable and charger or a hardwire kit?

No I mean the hardwired as the supplied cable that connects through car's fuse box using a fuse tap. This acts as 12v positive and giving ground from chasis.

No I mean the hardwired as the supplied cable that connects through car's fuse box using a fuse tap. This acts as 12v positive and giving ground from chasis.

Did you get the hardwire kit with the camera or from a different seller, where did you buy from?

The kit seems suspect.

Did you get the hardwire kit with the camera or from a different seller, where did you buy from?

The kit seems suspect.
It was a whole package bought through aliexpress and the product and store is authentic.

Never know what the sellers are bundling. I'd trust it only if came as a bundle from the manufacturer.

The A119S can be picky when it comes to power. Recommend using the supplied cable and charger. Could hardwire a female 12V socket and run it to the glovebox and use the supplied accessories.

Back