A119S v2

Mounting is something you have to live with when you choose a 'wedge' cam. They're ideal if and when you can mount it well but that isn't always the situation. And as car makers cram more stuff behind the mirror, the problems grow, so now more than ever form-factor, card slot location, and button location becomes a more important consideration than ever before ;)

There is no ideal solution for everyone, but one thing I well appreciate is that Viofo also makes a Sony-sensor 'brick-on-a-stick' cam for the rest of us who would otherwise have to choose something else. And the reverse holds equally true. Good thinking @viofo :D

Phil

There is no ideal solution for everyone, but one thing I well appreciate is that Viofo also makes a Sony-sensor 'brick-on-a-stick' cam for the rest of us who would otherwise have to choose something else. And the reverse holds equally true. Good thinking @viofo :D

Phil
Can you share more about the 'brick-on-a-stick' cam?

Can anyone confirm if BlackboxMyCar on Amazon.ca are shipping V2s?

EnjoyGadgets on Amazon.ca
This is something @viofo will need to look into, it's the resellers responsibility to look after any warranty and support issues with the customer, that's part of why the reseller is making a profit margin, to be able to do that, if they are not honouring that part of the agreement then it's probably someone they need to reconsider dealing with

That's a V1

It will have V2 on the serial number plate if it's a V2.

I just received mine and i'm sure it's the new version 2 by the foam and contacts,but i'm not seeing version 2 marked on the serial number? Probably just don't know what to look for on the SN# ??

Can you share more about the 'brick-on-a-stick' cam?
LOL... This tells us that you are checking all the posts on this forum. This is very good Viofo.

Bought the A119s V1 in December 2016. It was very loose on the GPS mount, would re-start randomly when driving. The video quality started to corrode and eventually it wouldn't boot up past the 'VIOFO' screen. I tried a few fixes I found on the forums to no avail. I opened VIOFO service ticket on 3/10/17. I shipped it to China on 3/20/17 for replacement. Viofo claims they still haven't received it after two months.

Does Viofo customer service actually send replacements or is it just a scam? Trying to decide if I should just consider it a loss and buy the new V2.

When it comes to electronics, if you buy anything that might need tech or warranty support, always better to buy local.

1712 is year 17, week 12, 0757 is the build number

I'm not sure if that's accurate in all cases. My Serial Number is A119S V2 132332
This is one I received yesterday.

IMG_0334.JPG

Last edited:
Back