A119SV2 Malfunction

cess

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

Sorry for the short story, but basically I'm getting this screen for some reason. Buttons don't work.

qqabaQO.jpg

I've read about screen freezing but only in start Viofo logo. Mine boots correctly, then shows this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Is it really that simple? What is causing this? Why now? Why that screen? Why so many problems with these cameras? Why? Ugghhh. I'm a bit disappointed at all the issues we have to face.

Thanks! Is it really that simple? What is causing this? Why now? Why that screen? Why so many problems with these cameras? Why? Ugghhh. I'm a bit disappointed at all the issues we have to face.
It's some kind of firmware corruption. It appears to be pretty rare and Viofo is working on it.

This maybe a screen issue, if the problem is not solved by upgrade the firmware, please send PM to me.

This maybe a screen issue, if the problem is not solved by upgrade the firmware, please send PM to me.

Not a screen issue, the screen also messes up along with the 'XXXXX' error. Returns to normal after reflashing the firmware.

Last edited:
Firmware update almost always fixes the XXXX screen error.

Guys, I have a 64GB card only. So I can't format it like FAT32 on the computer and can not format it with the camera, because buttons don't work. What do I do? Do I put the update firmware in the 64GB without formatting it? It was previously formatted by the camera before it stopped working. Thanks in advance!

Guys, I have a 64GB card only. So I can't format it like FAT32 on the computer and can not format it with the camera, because buttons don't work. What do I do? Do I put the update firmware in the 64GB without formatting it? It was previously formatted by the camera before it stopped working. Thanks in advance!
If it was already formatted by the camera, you should be fine. Just put the .bin file on the root directory of the card and you should be good to go.

Thanks but now it says it is protected against write? The little lock button is not enabled. What do I do?

What card is it and how do you have it connected to your computer?

Nevermind. I found out the issue. The adapter's lock slider moved midway to the locked position everytime I inserted it on the computer. I put some tape on the side of the adapter to protect the slider against any movement and now I can move the file to the card. Will post the results after the update. Thanks!

It is a Transcend High Endurance 64GB. Just read that I should plug the camera and move the file to the card through the usb cable. But, afaik, this is the same, right?

Ok. If I put the card inside the camera after placing the .bin file in it, the camera asks to format the card, but because buttons don't work, I can not do it from the camera. And the SD card doesn't show up on the computer if it is inserted in the camera and the camera connected to the computer through usb cable. What do I do?

Nevermind, now it decided to upgrade instead of asking to format the card.

Ok, CAMERA FIXED. I thought it went into brick mode when that screen appeared lol. Thanks for all the help!

Back