A129 duo Hardwired and no standby mode?

So I tried it and plugged it into the camera and the recording has not shut off it's still continuously recording it doesnt turn off?

The hard wire isn't connected to any fuses. The red is connected to constant power yellow accessory is connected and no power when the car is off and ground is connected
Can you clarify this statement? What do you mean by “the hardwire isn’t connected to any fuses”? What have you connected the red and yellow wires to?

I had it installed at bestbuy. The tech installed red wire to another red constant power and the yellow to a power accessory wire when the engine is on. If the power is off then no power to the accessory wire.

The camera has the little car icon. When the car is parked

So does the red recording light stay on the whole time even when the car is off? Sorry guys just got it installed today and trying to get it right. :/

I'm running into the same problem with mine. How did you end up fixing yours?

So I noticed that the camera is pretty much constantly recording because it picks up every little motion. When it doesnt detect any motion the red recording light will start flashing. And when I noticed it I ran my hand in front of it and it started recording. Tbh I first tested this in a closed garage to make sure there was no movement.

Looks like my issue is different then. Both motion detection and parking mode is off. I'm going to see if I can't just hardwire it with the ACC wire and not hook up the the always on one.

Looks like my issue is different then. Both motion detection and parking mode is off. I'm going to see if I can't just hardwire it with the ACC wire and not hook up the the always on one.
All wires need to be connected for the 3-wire kit to work.

What exactly is your issue?
I have the dual A129 dashcam. I just finished installing it yesterday in my 2019 Jeep Cherokee with the hardwire setup. Using fuse taps, I've plugged the ACC wire into the "Washer Pump Front" fuse slot and always on wire into the "Deadbolt All Unlock" fuse slot. When I turn off the vehicle, the camera stays on despite ensuring motion detection and parking mode are both off.47069

Lol I've literally posted on this just now and did not notice you had the same issue. I'm not sure if you really solved it though. So is the camera just really sensitive to motion? I park mine outside so basically the chances of it turning off is unlikely?

Another issue I notice to mine is the power doesn't seem to cut off when the voltage is lower than what it's set to which is worrying. I unplugged the fuses and I was getting 12.02V and my hardwire kit was set to 12.4V Is the hardwire kit faulty then?

I have the dual A129 dashcam. I just finished installing it yesterday in my 2019 Jeep Cherokee with the hardwire setup. Using fuse taps, I've plugged the ACC wire into the "Washer Pump Front" fuse slot and always on wire into the "Deadbolt All Unlock" fuse slot. When I turn off the vehicle, the camera stays on despite ensuring motion detection and parking mode are both off.View attachment 47069
Did you measure for voltage at the washer pump fuse after the car was shut off? Just because your washer pump doesn't work when the car is off does not mean the fuse isn't still powered. They are probably all computer controlled. Check that first with a meter.
Also, be sure you have power going into the camera itself, not through the mount. Must be running firmware V1.5 or later as well.

Did you measure for voltage at the washer pump fuse after the car was shut off? Just because your washer pump doesn't work when the car is off does not mean the fuse isn't still powered. They are probably all computer controlled. Check that first with a meter.
Also, be sure you have power going into the camera itself, not through the mount. Must be running firmware V1.5 or later as well.
I'll need to get an actual voltage reader then. I tried using just a straight circuit tester, but it lights up for every single interior fuse when the car is off.

Back