A129 Pro firmware

A few over exposed, pure white buildings there, also seems to be lacking colour saturation, not sure if you adjusted the colour or if it is just the over exposure damaging the colour? Mine seems to be OK on colour when not over exposed, although I think I prefered the rather strong saturation of the previous version!
Nothing touched video as is. Maybe the IQ changes in the latest firmware. I think I will notice a difference when the sun does not shine as especially now the Autumn/Winter is definitely on it's way.

It is a brand new chipset, you won't find anything else using it yet!
There is a CLD T820 out there using the same NT96685 SoC - the SDK is probably the same as the NT96670 from the A119v3 so should be fixable.

There is a CLD T820 out there using the same NT96685 SoC - the SDK is probably the same as the NT96670 from the A119v3 so should be fixable.
there's a couple of cameras using the same chipset but still fairly new so might take a bit until video starts turning up

I've noticed with the latest firmware, I've been having trouble accessing the camera via wifi using the Viofo App. I could see the settings (but apparently changing them via the app didn't work), and the live feed, but I could not access the existing files.

Just had a run in inclement, cloudy weather. Had the front camera exposure setting to -1 since I was experimenting with the configuration. It is unusually dark until I drive under an overpass, and then it corrects itself.

I'll attach pictures and video once they are ready.

UPdate:

Using the aforementioned settings, and at about 1:50 you'll see the brightness change a bit...

Last edited:
Just updated the firmware on 1st post.

Please notice we will keep updating the firmware after we release the product.

It is a new Novatek chipset, not widely used on dash cam, so Novatek also keep improving the SDK, we will keep it update.

Just updated the firmware on 1st post.

Please notice we will keep updating the firmware after we release the product.

It is a new Novatek chipset, not widely used on dash cam, so Novatek also keep improving the SDK, we will keep it update.

Thanks for the update. I think I've spotted the first bug with this update - an option to disable screensaver is missing.

My options are 1 minute and 3 minutes.

I didn't scroll through - these were the 2 I coould see as I entered the Screensaver menu - I was just looking if any options were there.

Thanks for the update. I think I've spotted the first bug with this update - an option to disable screensaver is missing.
As Jokiin says that is intentional, most likely to reduce heat in the camera. It was already disabled in parking mode, now it has gone completely.

FW V1.0 Build 0920
- The front & rear camera exposure seem better, both in direct sunlight and in cloudy conditions. I prefer EV-1/3 to compensate for my dark-coloured car.
- I noticed the GPS time&date stamp on the video is correct, the corresponding filename is correct, but the 'date modified' tag looks as though it is counting forwards from 00:00 on 01/09/2019

y4mng47adw2YgprFOUmFei2x0eiJOos_4sSzLfQVQPQuzSB9GgYKf7TlGc8t-MOnRsib1XqS01LC2_ZisYBQ1nhVPI7krpELqyL9anHd-h4Md1K0CWLa_bcr45sCRCwxJuZHHKHVQg6lMW540EviNxRpqeQXwMvuboKycyKvdxJ3iMiI5YNJp7KHv-XD-K5K5XD-0fi81xx6TNCDKASayZVuw

Last edited:
@TonyM It seems that this bug remains until camera is rebooted. Here's my file listing below - there was a reboot at 12:47 and then the modified timestamp looks good.

Adnotacja 2019-09-23 134349.jpg

Default exposure seems a bit better this time round indeed, however making it EV -1 again produces slightly better results IMO.

Default exposure seems a bit better this time round indeed, however making it EV -1 again produces slightly better results IMO.

-1EV on just the front camera, or both Evad?

FW V1.0 Build 0920
- The front & rear camera exposure seem better, both in direct sunlight and in cloudy conditions. I prefer EV-1/3 to compensate for my dark-coloured car.
- I noticed the GPS time&date stamp on the video is correct, the corresponding filename is correct, but the 'date modified' tag looks as though it is counting forwards from 00:00 on 01/09/2019

y4mng47adw2YgprFOUmFei2x0eiJOos_4sSzLfQVQPQuzSB9GgYKf7TlGc8t-MOnRsib1XqS01LC2_ZisYBQ1nhVPI7krpELqyL9anHd-h4Md1K0CWLa_bcr45sCRCwxJuZHHKHVQg6lMW540EviNxRpqeQXwMvuboKycyKvdxJ3iMiI5YNJp7KHv-XD-K5K5XD-0fi81xx6TNCDKASayZVuw
We have noticed this modified time not correct issue, try to fix in next version.

that sounds intentional

Yes, as we know some user still prefer to keep the display always on, this is OK for other models, but for A129 PRO dual-channel recording, any extra heating is not good.

Also for Wi-Fi, we may disable it in the future firmware if no phone connected while recording. The Wi-Fi cause more heating even than LCD.

As I know on Thinkware U1000, the camera downgrade to 2K while the Wi-Fi connected.

In some countries (in England certainly) having the screen left on can be interpreted by the police as a distraction and can and has led to a driver who had the screen on, and placed to close to the driver, being charged resulting in 3pts on his driving license and a £100 fine. There is at east one case of this I have seen recently.

Here is a screen grab of the Facebook page where the people discussed it:

comments-XL.png

Last edited:
As I know on Thinkware U1000, the camera downgrade to 2K while the Wi-Fi connected.
There are going to be a few complaints about a 4K dashcam with cloud functionality as a major feature, downgrading to 2K as soon as you try to use the cloud features!

Back