A129 Pro firmware

Give YT time to get it to 4K....

Looking pretty good up front at -1/3EV on Build 920:

Last edited:
Cross at the crossing? Nah, it's 10 yards away... And shall I follow the road signs? Nah, I'll turn right.

YouTubes slow waiting for it to kick into 4K. 1'll give it 30mins.

Cross at the crossing? Nah, it's 10 yards away... And shall I follow the road signs? Nah, I'll turn right.

Very clean city!. Here in America there is trash everywhere and way too many people can care less that is maddening...

I think I've spotted the first bug with this update - an option to disable screensaver is missing.
As a retailer you should be happy for this.
Good idea from Viofo. A dashcam screen should be never always on especially the Viofo wedge style because the dashcam is behind the rearview mirror so the LCD always on is useless.

enjoy,
Mtz

As a retailer you should be happy for this.
Good idea from Viofo. A dashcam screen should be never always on especially the Viofo wedge style because the dashcam is behind the rearview mirror so the LCD always on is useless.

enjoy,
Mtz
Depends on the situation. When I test particular dashcam, I tend to turn screensaver off, so I could keep an eye on it while testing. Anyway, the option was there, now it's missing so I initially assumed that's a bug, not a feature :-)

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

So imagine if the option was there when you started to sell this model and after few weeks was removed by Viofo in a firmware upgrade.

enjoy,
Mtz

Nice video.

Wish other users can also check if we need -1/3 EV or not.

A129 Pro V1.0 Build 0920 : EV-1/3 samples (with CPL)

Low bitrate parking mode

Dusk

Dark clouds

I think EV-2/3 would look too dark in some scenes

Overcast weather, first has just a bit of rain (but note the GPS when I'm stopped at the lights). Second has a a bit more rain. Both look good - at -1/3EV.

Don't know if this is a bug. When I playback clips on the front unit (not on phone via WiFi) it plays audio, after I fast-forward through the clip and click play again, the clip plays but with no audio.

(The GPS took 11 minutes to lock on tonight, just an observation mainly for Bill to know)).

Took a spin into the city centre tonight to check the night time levels using Build 920 - the weather was rainy and glum...

And I need to buff clean the windscreen again!

Cam is set @ -1/3EV, CPL as always.

You can compare the middle video to this one recorded in the factory release firmware Build 801

Last edited:
Nice video.

Wish other users can also check if we need -1/3 EV or not.
My camera seems to be OK at 0 EV, but other cameras seem to over expose the bright white buildings and white cars at 0 EV and look much better at -1/3 EV, so I think an adjustment would be good.

The exposure actually seems technically correct for 0 EV so you could make the default EV setting as -1/3 EV instead of changing the exposure.

Or maybe you can just stop the bright white buildings becoming over-exposed and leave the rest of the image unchanged?

Or maybe you can just stop the bright white buildings becoming over-exposed and leave the rest of the image unchanged?

That would be a great solution. Bright clouds too can be rather whited out and an adjustment for highlights only would be another step in the right direction.

Just installed the new firmware and set EV on front camera to -1/3, rear still at EV 0. I’ll take it out for a drive tomorrow and post some footage on Friday.

A few raw clips from A129 PRO used in my recently posted video are available to download here:

Looking forward to the next firmware release, I'm planning to compare A129P IQ against DR900S, A129 and A119V3.

Reactions: gse
I tried the latest firmware with the Event Buffered Parking mode, using the HK3 hardwire kit, and all the PF files are marked Read Only. I only expect them to be read only if the g-sensor has activated, and most of the time there was nothing to activate the g-sensor.

The low bitrate parking mode seemed to be OK.

(The GPS took 11 minutes to lock on tonight, just an observation mainly for Bill to know)).

Took a spin into the city centre tonight to check the night time levels using Build 920 - the weather was rainy and glum...

And I need to buff clean the windscreen again!

Cam is set @ -1/3EV, CPL as always.

You can compare the middle video to this one recorded in the factory release firmware Build 801

Nice job there, by the way that's the mk1.5 focus?

Back