A129 Pro firmware

My wife drive it,same colour..I have it since 2005,last year bought the new one for me,brand new :p If you have the dashcam connected to the fuse box,can you upload a picture with the fuses where you have connected the hardwire kit? I just bought the A129 Pro and I want to swap the old A129 Duo to my wife's mk1.5.Thank you in advance!

Would that make a difference if its not in use? I don't use it unless needed? The HK is on the electric windows tap...

The problem is the metal wires embedded in the glass, the GPS signal can't get through them to reach the GPS receiver, and from what I recall, the older Ford windscreens didn't have a decent area without wires where a camera could be located. Not sure though.

My A119 V3 has no issues and is located at the side of the Pro.

The problem is the metal wires embedded in the glass, the GPS signal can't get through them to reach the GPS receiver,
The windshield heating strands do not interfere with the reception of GPS satellites; this has been tested by many registrars and radar detectors on a ford focus 3 car.

Last edited:
The problem is the metal wires embedded in the glass, the GPS signal can't get through them to reach the GPS receiver, and from what I recall, the older Ford windscreens didn't have a decent area without wires where a camera could be located. Not sure though.
Mine(A129 Duo) is behind the sensor box and the gps is working fine.

Attachments

• 20190616_221146.jpg
    20190616_221146.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 28
Could Paul's slow GPS be caused by running more than one camera side by side? Can they interfere with each other?

I have A129 IR, A129 Pro & A119 V3 side by side actually touching each other and all GPS units work OK.
I don't have any wires in my glass to reduce the signal though, maybe with the wires they can't work side by side but can work individually.

Interesting... Would it not affect both though?
the image sensors can interfere with the GPS signal when too close, what the other cameras are and where they're placed will have an impact on this, the wires in the window (if it's like a rear window style demister) will only be a problem if it's turned on

the image sensors can interfere with the GPS signal when too close, what the other cameras are and where they're placed will have an impact on this, the wires in the window (if it's like a rear window style demister) will only be a problem if it's turned on
The wires in the front window are much closer together with far more of them, supposedly too thin to be visible, much closer to being a Faraday cage. I'm sure the GPS signal would go through a rear window heater no problem.

There would need to be a lot of wire in the window for that to be a problem, athermic windows are a bigger issue, might have one of those

the image sensors can interfere with the GPS signal when too close, what the other cameras are and where they're placed will have an impact on this
@Paul Iddon Maybe it's your 612GW causing the problem?

I have A129 IR, A129 Pro & A119 V3 side by side actually touching each other and all GPS units work OK.

Same here acutally (two A129 GPS mounts next to each other), additionally I've also got heated windshield with these small wires inside the glass. I initially thought that would be an issue with GPS signal etc., while actually I haven't noticed it makes any difference.

Same here acutally (two A129 GPS mounts next to each other), additionally I've also got heated windshield with these small wires inside the glass. I initially thought that would be an issue with GPS signal etc., while actually I haven't noticed it makes any difference.
Amazing how good these GPS units are!

I'm out of ideas for Paul's slow GPS though, with my cameras it is the A119 V3 that is the slowest, but it still connects.

@gabilondo77

IMG_20190926_094626-X5.jpg

Back