A129 Pro firmware

I'm wondering if this new system is actually an improvement, given that a 3 second gap just as something comes into view could miss the important bit?
Personally, I would rather have continuous low bitrate with no gaps. I don't know if the camera behaviour is the same when connected to a hardwire kit. Without the ACC trigger, the camera may be using motion detection as one method of switching to full bitrate, then going back to low bitrate after determining that it's not moving.

The loss of recording when an event is detected is not acceptable. The loss of recording when the cam switches back might be acceptable as there would not likely be anything noteworthy in that lost time. If this cannot be resolved through firmware, then there should be an optional low bitrate only setting implemented to avoid gaps. That should be acheivable through firmware changes.

Phil

Exactly. Actually when i first encouter this new switching thing it was when i saw footage from parking mode - a car was passing by, it triggered the motion and before dashcam switched to normal mode the car was gone. It could cut the whole front of my car and i wouldn't have any footage.

there should be an optional low bitrate only setting implemented to avoid gaps. That should be acheivable through firmware changes.
All that is required to achieve this is for Parking Motion Detection to have an OFF setting. Currently the only options are low, medium and high.

It doesn't beep anymore when there are errors. The rec led will blink indicating errors.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
That is not good at all having audible notifications removed for recording errors. If that is the case then that it should come back! That Is more or less like putting a piece of tape on top of the check engine light on your car that is telling you there is an issue that needs to be addressed rather soon! :banghead:

That is not good at all having audible notifications removed for recording errors. If that is the case then that it should come back! That Is more or less like putting a piece of tape on top of the check engine light on your car that is telling you there is an issue that needs to be addressed rather soon! :banghead:
Since TonyM was stating his experience with parking mode, the no beeping statement by me is during parking mode only. I'm not sure whether It's same during driving mode.

I noticed this because I've been having issue with low bitrate parking mode during the day (no issue at night though) where it fails to record with infinite beeping alert for version 1.3 and 1.7T. The same happened with 2.0, except no beep alert but it still fail to record with rec led blinking.

I can neither confirm nor deny that error beep alerts have gone in V2.0. My camera has started occasionally double beeping whilst in low bitrate mode - I've not yet determined the cause.

Last edited:
My experience with the newest firmware is the beeping disappeared during parking mode, I also have occasional double beeping in low bitrate mode. The most troubling experience was HUGE recording gap for about 20 min. I don't know if it just a one time thing. I don't drive long enough to and from work. I discovered it because I tried to pull up my recording to internet shame some assh*le who suddenly cut into my lane, but lo and behold, I don't have that recording.

I can neither confirm nor deny that error beep alerts have gone in V2.0. My camera has started occasionally double beeping whilst in low bitrate mode - I've not yet determined the cause.
Well, there are no missing video files. However, despite having the camera setup on a desk facing the wall with no-one in the room, something triggered an event recording (complete with warning triangle on screen) 6 times in the space of an hour, but no times in the hour before or after that. Weird.

Does g-sensor trigger those? could be any number of things if so (door closed hard, truck rumbling by house, airliner flying low over house). If only motion detect does that then indeed something odd is afoot.

Phil

Does g-sensor trigger those? could be any number of things if so (door closed hard, truck rumbling by house, airliner flying low over house). If only motion detect does that then indeed something odd is afoot.

Phil
G-sensor trigger, I believe. However it's in a quiet room at the back of the house. When I was working all day at the desk it's sitting on, the sensor was not triggered...

It's weird that after spending so much to buy the A129 Pro Duo, we are now doing beta testing for Viofo... I mean, I bought it to use it and expect it to work as advertised, but ended up being a beta tester. Lol.

Luckily my wife A129 Duo is working fine without any issue.

Do you think it is still worth it? I'm still within 30 days so I can return this. I don't know if it's worth to wait for the firmware to be better or go with a reliable one. I just love the mini monitor for ease of adjustment and video quality.

Do you think it is still worth it? I'm still within 30 days so I can return this. I don't know if it's worth to wait for the firmware to be better or go with a reliable one. I just love the mini monitor for ease of adjustment and video quality.
If want to you parking mode, I have to say no. Else it's ok.

I don't use parking mode or anything else, just record journeys.

No problems currently.

Have had the rare bleeps but I think it was full card issue. Nothing else.

Paul.

It's weird that after spending so much to buy the A129 Pro Duo, we are now doing beta testing for Viofo... I mean, I bought it to use it and expect it to work as advertised, but ended up being a beta tester. Lol.

This is how things usually happen with dashcams :eek: which is somewhat understandable for certain aspects since there are so many different possible installs and places where it's used. But is IS possible to get the basics correct and working solidly before releasing a cam to market, and maybe that didn't happen here. It is not something which would be tolerated by anyone with any other kind of product so I'm at a loss for why that happens here :rolleyes: In Viofo's defense, the normal recording in 4K is exceptional with this cam, and that was the main intention for it's being made.

Again as is usual with dashcams, if you need a certain function to work correctly it's best to wait until many other people have tried it and found it to work before you buy. That is what makes this forum so valuable, because if there is any issue with a cam then someone here is going to find it and share what they've discovered :cool:

Phil

I just got my a129 pro yestdeay and it had firmware version 1.4 on it. i went to the viofo site and it says 1.1 is the most current version is this true? seems backwards to me. Also reading on here i see there is a 2.0 being mentioned what is the newest version i am looking for?

thanks

I just got my a129 pro yestdeay and it had firmware version 1.4 on it. i went to the viofo site and it says 1.1 is the most current version is this true? seems backwards to me. Also reading on here i see there is a 2.0 being mentioned what is the newest version i am looking for?

thanks
There is an spaghetti mess of firmware version out there for the a129 pro and all still have their own issues. I suggest to stay and try the one that came with your camera for a while and see how it goes for you.

Back