A129 Pro firmware

Hello!

I'm having troubles updating mine.
I have A129 PRO (so single camera with wifi), but my wifi is not working, when turning it in i see on the screen:
"AP mode

Connecting: Fail"

I want to update, to make it work mabye, but when i format i only have "ExFAT" and then i got this file "FWA129P.bin" inserting that into camera, it says do i want to format.

I want to update, to make it work mabye, but when i format i only have "ExFAT" and then i got this file "FWA129P.bin" inserting that into camera, it says do i want to format.
To update the firmware, format your card to FAT32 using guiformat2. Or take a smaller card.

Attachments

• guiformat2.zip
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
To update the firmware, format your card to FAT32 using guiformat2. Or take a smaller card.

I just used the camera to format it - cant go wrong that way.

Then move the .bin file onto it.

Thanks for the reply.
I got 32gb card, did format got FWA129SN.bin from website and when i get it in, it's starts recording and update is not starting.

Thanks for the reply.
I got 32gb card, did format got FWA129SN.bin from website and when i get it in, it's starts recording and update is not starting.
A129 Duo=FWA129.bin
A129 Pro Duo=FWA129P.bin
A129 Plus Duo=FWA129S.bin
A129 Plus Duo=FWA129SN.bin

VIOFO A129 Pro Duo Dash Camera Firmware​

V2.7 firmware changelog:

1. Optimized image quality and fixed the WDR issue.

2. Other bugs fixed.

Installed in the Ghost and enabled WDR for a change, will see how it looks tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm planning to install V2.7. Is optimized Image Quality (IQ) related only to WDR, or for all video recording settings? How do you tell the difference between the non optimized Image Quality in the prior public version and this one?

Is GeoFence parking mode planned for the VIOFO Pro Duo? I'd like to have a capability for parking mode not to record when my vehicle is parked in my driveway at home because I have Google Nest Cam watching that spot and because my vehicle will not download software updates from Ford if the battery voltage is lower than I think 12.4V. I think lots of new vehicles are moving towards online software updates and this battery power below 12.4V concern is going to become a more significant issue for people like me that use dashcams in my opinion. Most people are scheduling their vehicle software updates at night using their home WIFI routers. I'll be happy to step up and beta test any GPS based GeoFence firmware update.

Last edited:
I'm planning to install V2.7. Is optimized Image Quality (IQ) related only to WDR, or for all video recording settings? How do you tell the difference between the non optimized Image Quality in the prior public version and this one?

Is GeoFence parking mode planned for the VIOFO Pro Duo? I'd like to have a capability for parking mode not to record when my vehicle is parked in my driveway at home because I have Google Nest Cam watching that spot and because my vehicle will not download software updates from Ford if the battery voltage is lower than I think 12.4V. I think lots of new vehicles are moving towards online software updates and this battery power below 12.4V concern is going to become a more significant issue for people like me that use dashcams in my opinion. Most people are scheduling their vehicle software updates at night using their home WIFI routers. I'll be happy to step up and beta test any GPS based GeoFence firmware update.

Spot on, especially with EV's. My wifes Model X gets firmware updates via this method, but only when its charging from the Inverter or battery thing thats connected to the solar. Perhaps other car brands use a similar concept and only download and upgrade the vehicle when it is charging and armed - if this is the case, your battery issue wont be a problem. I think with Tesla its a safety mechanism so the firmware doesn't update on a low battery and corrupt.

Most people are scheduling their vehicle software updates at night using their home WIFI routers.
Vehicle software update? I'm definitely behind the times. I didn't even know this was a thing.

Vehicle software update? I'm definitely behind the times. I didn't even know this was a thing.
Over The Air (OTA) software updates now come standard with every 2021 Ford F-150 truck, but every manufacture I looked at for new pickup trucks... GM, RAM, Toyota... they're all doing these OTA software updates now. There are so many computer modules in new vehicles these days that doing OTA vehicle software updates are suppose to help save trips to the dealership and allow some future new capability to be added easily. Problem is that the vehicles OTA software checks for good battery health before doing any OTA updates. All this is just 1st world problems for lazy people like me to not have to figure out a work around.

I installed version 2.7. One complaint - I had to redo every single setting. Isn't there a way that settings can be retained for future updates? Also, why can't the WIFI setting so I can more easily change to 5G WIFI be on the phone app in addition to the dashcam screen?

I installed version 2.7. One complaint - I had to redo every single setting, Isn't there a way that settings can be retained for future updates? Also, why can't the WIFI setting so I can more easily change to 5G WIFI be on the phone app to?

You should always do a complete reset in the camera (via the menu) after doing any update. So you will always have to input your settings afresh, always.

That's on all cams.

Paul.

You should always do a complete reset in the camera (via the menu) after doing any update. So you will always have to input your settings afresh, always.

That's on all cams.

Paul.
It doesn't say to do that on the VIOFO website. However, I didn't need to reset it because it automatically did it for me. I think that my complaint is still valid. When I say complaint...I mean constructive criticism. :)

Back