A129 Pro firmware

I've tried the dental floss thing with some success, but still not as easy as I would like. This might be due to using the flat dental floss instead of regular dental floss. The flat dental floss seems to tear/break even when I double it up. I removed a mount a few weeks ago with a plastic, flexible membership card I had in my wallet. It seemed to work pretty decent, but the car had also been in the sun for 2 -3 hours prior, so the sun may have been a bigger factor.

I bought a separate GPS mount to use in rental cars, so I can keep the one mounted in my car. I think I might buy a GPS suction mount to use with my spare GPS mount. This would make it extremely easy to unmount from rental cars.

Last edited:
...spraying some WD40 on dental floss (outside the car so nothing to clean up)
Are you saying the tape is intact using this method? When I tried using the string that came in the box to remove an old mount, it took a lot of effort to saw through all the tape and it left "crumbs" on the dashboard

...the car had also been in the sun for 2 -3 hours prior, so the sun may have been a bigger factor
Absolutely. I could remove GoPro mounts from a helmet easily by simply heating it - the tape loses adhesion and takes little force to peel it off in one piece

When I tried using the string that came in the box to remove an old mount, it took a lot of effort to saw through all the tape and it left "crumbs" on the dashboard

I don't know who ever came up with the string or dental floss method to remove adhesive dash cam mounts but I've always found that technique not to work very well at all.

Another technique I came up with works a lot better with less effort and is cleaner and faster.

I use a thin, flexible metal 2 or 3 inch wide putty knife. It has never caused any scratches to the windshield or damage to the frit. If you feel paranoid about using a metal putty knife you can use a plastic one. I've used both.

Basically, start at a corner and begin working it back and forth until you can get the knife partly under the mount. As you begin to get the knife farther under the mount start twisting the knife using it for leverage to pry the mount away from the glass. Pretty soon you will get one side of the mount off the glass far enough to get your fingers under it and from that point it should come off pretty easily. You can apply heat to the glass using a hair dryer to help things along. Apply the heat to the back of the mount from the outside of the windshield. Don't apply too much heat or you may damage something. You just want to soften the adhesive.

putty_knife.jpg

Last edited:
V2.8_0308 20220308
Settings
CPL, WDR: On, H265: On, Bitrate: High, Parking mode: Auto Event Detection, Motion detection: Off

1. Image quality is good.
2. Parking files are protected(read only). Is it by design? Will be parking files automatically deleted?
3. There is some flickering in dark conditions.

Testing in progress...

V2.8_0308 20220308
Settings
CPL, WDR: On, H265: On, Bitrate: High, Parking mode: Auto Event Detection, Motion detection: Off

1. Image quality is good.
2. Parking files are protected(read only). Is it by design? Will be parking files automatically deleted?
3. There is some flickering in dark conditions.

Testing in progress...
Could you please contact us directly at https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new? we may need more information from you.

Oh my God. Is VIOFO goes crazy? Really? Who decided to lock parking files?

VIOFO-Support:

Thank you for choosing our products.
Yes, the video under the parking mode will be locked.
It won't be deleted automatically.

Did they say how they can be deleted? Or is re-format only action?

Parking files being locked? Really? What genius came up with that? At least meake it an option in the menu.

Last edited:
You cannot delete them in camera, but you can on your computer. Or formatting the card removes everything.

You cannot delete them in camera, but you can on your computer. Or formatting the card removes everything.
Locked files can be deleted from the camera.
however, the lock must be unlocked with the lock and unlock button before it can be deleted.
This may take some time.
For this reason, formatting is an easy method.

do not install version 2.8 - it has a bug
version 2.5-2.7 has a bug - dark video files
the version is 2.5 is the last one that is ok

Which parking mode locks the files? Hard wired parking mode? Motion Detect mode without hard wiring? What are the exact conditions that result in a locked file?

Which parking mode locks the files? Hard wired parking mode? Motion Detect mode without hard wiring? What are the exact conditions that result in a locked file?
Settings
CPL, WDR: On, H265: On, Bitrate: High, Parking mode: Auto Event Detection, Motion detection: Off, HK4.

Oh my God. Is VIOFO goes crazy? Really? Who decided to lock parking files?
Sorry, I shall rephrase it, currently, in AED (Auto event detention) parking mode, all files will be locked; while in the other 2 modes, only emergency files will be locked, you can use the other 2 modes in this case.
We have replied to you by Ticket 115302 and provided you a customized firmware that does not lock all files under AED (Auto event detention) parking mode, you may check the ticket.

Sorry, I shall rephrase it, currently, in AED (Auto event detention) parking mode, all files will be locked; while in the other 2 modes, only emergency files will be locked, you can use the other 2 modes in this case.
We have replied to you by Ticket 115302 and provided you a customized firmware that does not lock all files under AED (Auto event detention) parking mode, you may check the ticket.
Could you please tell me what is the purpose of blocking all videos in parking mode? Which are not overwritten. Please send me the firmware in which the files are not blocked. kukushkin_d@icloud.com

V2.9 20220610

Settings

CPL
HK4
Resolution: 4K+FHD
Bitrate: High
WDR: On
Parking mode: Auto Event Detection
Motion detection: Off
H265: On

Fixed: Don't lock files under the Auto event detention(AED) parking mode. All parking files go to /DCIM/Parking/ folder.

V2.9 20220610

Settings

CPL
HK4

Fixed: Don't lock files under the Auto event detention(AED) parking mode. All parking files go to /DCIM/Parking/ folder.
Please post firmware V2.9 20220610

V2.9 20220610

Settings

CPL
HK4

Alex, have you had to increase to +6 EV or anything other than the 0 exposure compensation?

Alex, have you had to increase to +6 EV or anything other than the 0 exposure compensation?
No. I don't have any idea why i need +6 EV or other for the front cam. I only use +1 EV for the rear cam because i have some toning(black film).

Back