A129 Pro firmware

Is it possible to create a menu setting to control the temperature shut off at different levels?

Is it possible to create a menu setting to control the temperature shut off at different levels?
Technically maybe, but do not expect the temp level would be risen for this. If anything, the default would be what is there now, and you would be able to select LOWER shutoff temp, meaning it would shutdown even sooner, which I reckon is quite the opposite of what you are aiming for, am I right? Then what would be the purpose of this function?

Edit: ok now I see in another thread you really do want to shut it off sooner, to prevent lockup. Then it would have some reason to implement it, yeah.

Has anyone tried WDR with this 2.10T firmware?

Hi, just got a a129 Pro Duo

It was turning on and was on firmware 2.7 out of the box.
mounted it in the car..
upgraded to 2.8
after it rebooted to 2.8 (showed 2.8 in the menu), i did a reset to default using the menu.
set timezone to +8, and turned it off.
now the camera does not boot. tried to power it from the gps mount, and from the side of the camera.
tried the hardwired kit, and from a 2.4 amp ac to usb power supply.

when power is applied, with no sdcard, the REC LED turn solid on, after about 8 sec, the MIC LED turn solid on. then nothing happens.

when power is applied, with sdcard, the REC LED turn solid on, then nothing happens.

tried to put the FWA129P.bin in the root of the sdcard, no difference.

tried to press the reset button momentarily and for more then 5 sec, no difference.

Anyone had something similar happen to theirs?
and any idea on how to fix this?

video of it without sd card

I tried downloading the firmware from the VIOFO site. I'm not sure if my A129Pro is Build 1 or Build 2. They do not really show you how to differentiate between the two. Both of them were around 4MB in size. I formatted my SD card and tried each. The camera ignored them. I then downloaded the v2.10 FWA129P.bin file shown here which weighs in at heavy 32MB. It worked right away. Upgraded and all.

I tried downloading the firmware from the VIOFO site. I'm not sure if my A129Pro is Build 1 or Build 2. They do not really show you how to differentiate between the two. Both of them were around 4MB in size. I formatted my SD card and tried each. The camera ignored them. I then downloaded the v2.10 FWA129P.bin file shown here which weighs in at heavy 32MB. It worked right away. Upgraded and all.

You must have accidentally gone to the a129 "plus" or a129 FHD page.
The "Pro" model does not have 1 or 2 options.

You are correct. I was on the A129 Plus page. I've now navigated back over to the Pro page. How come it shows v2.8 as the latest available, but here we have access to v2.10?

beta/test versions are shared here. then on the official page..

Anyone has a link to v2.9? updating my repository.

Shall we know what features you expect in V2.9?
Features I'd like to see.

I don't know if you are following my attempted telephoto hack of the rear camera, but I was very surprised to find reducing the exposure of the rear camera did not reduce the time of exposure. The images got darker for sure, but the amount things were smeared by motion blur was the same, indicating setting the exposure to -2 only reduced the gain (ISO), but not the exposure time. For a dashcam the opposite would be a better choice, keep the ISO the same, and drop the exposure time. This would improve license plate capture by reducing motion blur.

Reducing the contrast at night would also be helpful. With the current setup some areas are blown out completely with over exposure, and others are completely black.

A brightness dependent exposure adjustment could also be helpful. An exposure setting of -2 helps capture license plates at night, by preventing the reflected headlights from over exposing plates, but it is detrimental during the day as it makes them too dark. The brightness level outside to determine when to switch modes should be the brightness at which headlights are turned on or off.

Clear error messages when there is any kind of problem with the memory card, or the camera. I have an old A119 v2 that I had to retire because it silently stops recording after about 10 minutes in operation. It should not be possible for the camera to fail silently. There should be some kind of watchdog timer that runs independently of the main system, if it does not see a valid write to the memory card at the expected time, it should trigger an audible alarm. I see far too many posts complaining by people who were in an accident, but found their dashcam was not recording.

Features I'd like to see.

I don't know if you are following my attempted telephoto hack of the rear camera, but I was very surprised to find reducing the exposure of the rear camera did not reduce the time of exposure. The images got darker for sure, but the amount things were smeared by motion blur was the same, indicating setting the exposure to -2 only reduced the gain (ISO), but not the exposure time. For a dashcam the opposite would be a better choice, keep the ISO the same, and drop the exposure time. This would improve license plate capture by reducing motion blur.

Reducing the contrast at night would also be helpful. With the current setup some areas are blown out completely with over exposure, and others are completely black.

A brightness dependent exposure adjustment could also be helpful. An exposure setting of -2 helps capture license plates at night, by preventing the reflected headlights from over exposing plates, but it is detrimental during the day as it makes them too dark. The brightness level outside to determine when to switch modes should be the brightness at which headlights are turned on or off.

Clear error messages when there is any kind of problem with the memory card, or the camera. I have an old A119 v2 that I had to retire because it silently stops recording after about 10 minutes in operation. It should not be possible for the camera to fail silently. There should be some kind of watchdog timer that runs independently of the main system, if it does not see a valid write to the memory card at the expected time, it should trigger an audible alarm. I see far too many posts complaining by people who were in an accident, but found their dashcam was not recording.
Shall we have some original videos you have for analysis? currently, the exposure rate can be adjusted and the night effect of A129 PRO maybe not be as good as you expect, due to the small size of its sensor, its advantage is during the day.
You can contact us by ticket.
Support.viofo.com

Shall we have some original videos you have for analysis? currently, the exposure rate can be adjusted and the night effect of A129 PRO maybe not be as good as you expect, due to the small size of its sensor, its advantage is during the day.
You can contact us by ticket.
Support.viofo.com
I have posted some videos testing the rear camera with a 12mm lens with exposure of 0 and -2 in this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/proposed-license-plate-camera-hack.47629/
Length of blur did not change in night shots when the exposure was changed, so exposure time did not change, only gain.
Test footage is linked on pages 3 and 4 of that thread.

Like many upthread, I would like AED parking files NOT LOCKED. There were mentions of v2.9 that, supposedly, can keep AED parking files unlocked, there were also mentions of v2.10 - does any one of these exist?

Back