A129 Pro firmware

Like many upthread, I would like AED parking files NOT LOCKED. There were mentions of v2.9 that, supposedly, can keep AED parking files unlocked, there were also mentions of v2.10 - does any one of these exist?
The normal setup locked all AED files, and at present only A129 PRO V2.9_20220610 support non-locking, do you want it in regular firmware?

Again, WTF is this firmware posted by VIOFO? The VIOFO site has 2.8, the link above downloads 2.9. WTF?

Again, WTF is this firmware posted by VIOFO? The VIOFO site has 2.8, the link above downloads 2.9. WTF?
VIOFO official support site for A129 Pro Duo lists firmware version 2.8, which locks AED (Automatic Event Detection) parking files. I'm not 100% sure why, but from reading this forum, it appears that due to some either legal, licensing, or API restrictions, they cant publicly release a version that does NOT lock AED. BUT, if you file a ticket through their support site, they can share v2.9 with you that does not lock AED files. But all of this is just my guesses.

Sure, d/l from some random Chinese file server what could go wrong?
Anyway, if you click his 2.10T is actually downloads 2.9

What are the changes in 2.10T? (Differences with V2.8_0308?)

Interesting...post 1440 says it is 2.10T and I am sure that is where I downloaded from. I installed what I downloaded and the current FW in my A129 is V2.10T Build 20220812.

You can try this link...it contains the bulk of the A129 Pro FW.... Xiongguoy

Yes, but what are the changes in 2.10T?
v2.9 made parking AED files unlocked so they can be overwritten when storage is full; what did 2.10T introduce/fix/update?

Yes, but what are the changes in 2.10T?
v2.9 made parking AED files unlocked so they can be overwritten when storage is full; what did 2.10T introduce/fix/update?

The changes in 2.10T are described directly above post 1440:

VIOFO-Support said:

It is actually not a camera issue, we just have adjusted the configuration of firmware, while we are working on a new firmware that will make the image brighter, so no need to revert back to old firmware V2.5.

There was problem in the last few FWs after v2.5, when the image during the day was strangely way darker, particularly under direct sunlight. This one was supposed to fix it. And I confirm when I downloaded it at the time it was posted, it surely says V2.10T in the cam menu. I suppose VIOFO uses only 1 link for distributing these test FWs, and once they offered V2.9, it overwrote the V2.10 FW on that link.

That makes sense about the link. I was certain the previous link for the 2.10T (posted by VIOFO) is where I downloaded the 2.10T.

Thanks!
I just downloaded that from the link, and got 2.10T installed.

This is exactly why I keep a repository of all the firmwares I can get my hands on, links that viofo post yesterday may be a different file or non existent tomorrow as sometimes they reuse or remove old links.

Could some one pass me a link to 2.9?

Last edited:
Back