A129 Reboot Loop

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
My pre-production A129 works fine when powered via the USB port on the side. When I tried it with the same power cable direct to the GPS mount, it repeatedly boots up, flickers for a few seconds then shuts down.

(The flickering light on the right is my A129 Pro test sample in parking mode)

Any idea what might be the problem? I normally run a retail A129 on that mount and it works OK, so I do not think the problem is caused by the mount.

I used to run this pre-production camera powered via a GPS mount a few months ago, until I re-installed it as a side-facing camera with the power cable straight into the camera.

What about "slide" pads of the connector on the dashcam? You can try to clean it with some alcohol to prevent bad connection due to an oxidation process. (it looks like a voltage drop caused by raising current)

What about "slide" pads of the connector on the dashcam? You can try to clean it with some alcohol to prevent bad connection due to an oxidation process. (it looks like a voltage drop caused by raising current)
Yes, it could be bad contacts. I'll have a look.

It for sure looks like a bad connection between the GPS mount and the camera. Like Nath said, try to clean the contacts in both, the camera and the mount. if that doesn't solve the problem, then the power connector at the mount could be faulty.

Back