New comparison of A139 and A119V3_Mod 2.4_20210517
We really need HDR for A139, we are waiting !!! :cry:

The A139 definitely has a wider field of vision. A139 is front cam is 2k. Not sure 3 channel cameras are capable of handling HDR with heat issues always posing a challenge. As any additional image processing is bound to generate more heat.

Hi nath (and even anyone else if they know)! Quick question, I have a A139 and all I intend to do is just automatically pull RO/event videos (not all of them) from the cam everytime I park my car in the garage. Basically I will pull videos from my camera and upload it to my NAS as a double backup (I have had issues where SD cards just corrupting when I needed to retrieve an event footage/locked footage), so I do this.

So, you mentioned something about this Novatek web API outlined here = (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/reverse-engineering-web-api-live-feed-etc.21057/) ?
I had another camera before, which I sniffed packets manually and found some useful CMDs. It was a time consuming task, so just wondering, if that Novatek API is the same for this camera too, then I would not need to mess with packet sniffers again. Or was that just an example (totally unrelated example)? :p
Thanks mate.
Yes, some of those commands work, some probably don't - I.P.ADD.RESS/?custom=1&cmd=3002 gives you the list of available commands for a particular device. Somewhere here on this forum is even NT9666x command manual with more details (but not all is covered for NT9668x because, well it's different chipset).

I would assume a direct FTP connection via some script would be a suitable solution for you. (I bet there already are some examples here for A129, which got StationMode way sooner) Unfortunately I tried it recently with A139 and speed dropped after a few tens of seconds to around 1.4MBps. (which is.., ehm :ROFLMAO: ) But I have to admit that I tried it randomly and it was connected to AP through a wall, few meters away (not particularly iperf-like speed test).

Last edited:
Yes, some of those commands work, some probably don't - I.P.ADD.RESS/?custom=1&cmd=3002 gives you the list of available commands for a particular device. Somewhere here on this forum is even NT9666x command manual with more details (but not all is covered for NT9668x because, well it's different chipset).

I would assume a direct FTP connection via some script would be a suitable solution for you. (I bet there already are some examples here for A129, which got StationMode way sooner) Unfortunately I tried it recently with A139 and speed dropped after a few tens of seconds to around 1.4MBps. (which is.., ehm :ROFLMAO: ) But I have to admit that I tried it randomly and it was connected to AP through a wall, few meters away (not particularly iperf-like speed test).
Ah right! I found this Wi-Fi Manual for NT9666x. Very detailed. I guess it should be similar. [https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...wi-fi-without-the-viofo-app.37279/post-485216]
Quick question with the firmware if anyone knows. The firmware here (https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000125642-viofo-a139-dash-camera-firmware). Viofo claims it is v1.1. Someone on this forum said it is v1.2. Which one is it? (I could install it and find out but I think I flashed it recently and it says 1.2 in my settings app). So, if anyone knows, what's the real version here?

Cheers.

@ChampaRando The link provides v1.2 0507 (20210507)

The description was for v1.1 0324 (20210324)

Is there an A139 FW version that supports parking mode when powered from a USB powerbank rather than a hardwire kit?

Is there an A139 FW version that supports parking mode when powered from a USB powerbank rather than a hardwire kit?
I believe "all" of them support it, the only issue is what happens to ID pin. When it's not connected to anything (maybe also connected to ground since turn-on too), then it works.

I believe "all" of them support it, the only issue is what happens to ID pin. When it's not connected to anything (maybe also connected to ground since turn-on too), then it works.
I've tried it with a 5m USB-C cable and my A139 stays in normal record mode.

I think I'll just go ahead and buy the HW kit for automatic parking mode.

Yeah, I think it's something to do with the pins - If I use a 5v - 12v converter and then use the stock cigarette lighter plug, the dashcam will go into parking mode after 5 minutes or so.

Does anyone know any difference between this new July 22 beta firmware and older beta June 22 firmware?
Both have station mode but does Station Mode work in parking mode now?

Edit: Just installed this, cannot see any difference, station mode still not working in parking mode.

Last edited:
Does anyone know any difference between this new July 22 beta firmware and older beta June 22 firmware?
Both have station mode but does Station Mode work in parking mode now?

Edit: Just installed this, cannot see any difference, station mode still not working in parking mode.
Just a guess (haven't tried it yet) but I bet they only fixed some minor issues like the "Wifi connected" quote which wasn't working properly, etc.

well good timing, i was just contemplating going for a drive, and what better excuse to get off my butt.

By the way something I discovered. In the Novatek OLD NT9666x Wi-Fi API PDF.
There exists a command cmd=3033. There are 2 parameters. Param 0 means AP mode, Param 1 means Station Mode. So as you know, with the beta firmware, if we press the wi-fi button in PARKING MODE, Wi-Fi AP turns on (not station mode).
So I connected, sent the cmd 3033 and parameter 1 (so basically I set the Wi-Fi Mode to be Station Mode), all this whilst being in parking mode (because Wifi AP works in parking, after physically pressing wifi button remember). Then as the Novatek manual mentions, we need to send command 3018 (reconnect/reboot wifi) to make command 3033 take effect. So once I sent that, yes, Wi-Fi Station Mode worked and connected EVEN IN PARKING MODE. Worked really well.

So it is possible. Only issue is, once you turn on the camera NEXT TIME (ACC ON), station mode is disabled and Viofo firmware automatically maybe sets Wi-Fi mode as AP again, because next time you turn off the car/press the wifi button, its again broadcasting its own AP and is no longer in station mode. Essentially, upon reboot, the above setting change is cleared and A139 is set to AP mode again (station disabled like default settings). So I guess only Viofo can fix this overriding issue.

Anyone know if A129 can have station mode in parking mode? Since it was released in 2020 and is no longer a beta feature. I suppose A139 will fix it further on?
My thinkware and my blackvue have their own version of station mode, called "hotspot" so I suppose there are not too many battery draining issues. Sure there is something, but if we give the user a choice, its up to them if they want extra wifi feature upon sacrificing of extra battery drain.

Last edited:
So it is possible. Only issue is, once you turn on the camera NEXT TIME (ACC ON), station mode is disabled and Viofo firmware automatically maybe sets Wi-Fi mode as AP again, because next time you turn off the car/press the wifi button, its again broadcasting its own AP and is no longer in station mode. Essentially, upon reboot, the above setting change is cleared and A139 is set to AP mode again (station disabled like default settings). So I guess only Viofo can fix this overriding issue.
I completely agree with you.
I have been asking Viofo for a long time to add the ability to set in the settings "Auto turn on Wi-Fi" at startup and "Auto turn on Wi-Fi Station Mode" when switching to parking mode. In both cases, WiFI will automatically disconnect after a couple of minutes if there is no connection.

Well for station mode, I guess it should turn on automatically once in parking mode. Because if it turns off after X minutes, then when a car comes back home, station mode will be long off.

Either station mode stats on 24/7 (blackvue thinkware) or it auto turns on whenever parking mode is enabled. Then in parking if no connection, in X minutes, then it can turn off. This way it'll turn off away from home, but in home, it will not.

I need another dashcam for my other car but at the moment I am reluctant to choose another a139 because to me backing up videos automatically via wifi is important, and a139 wifi turns off upon parking mode. Bummer. Hopefully there's a fix soon or I'll have to buy another blackvue or thinkware

Back