A139 freezing and other issues

DaveX81

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
I hade a Nextbase 622GW before but after some months the battery was already broken and its not reparable. The video quality not very good and wifi not really stable (much faster than 522GW which was so slow you couldn‘t even watch anything).
But the cam did his job including parking mode (the problem was that it just record after g-sensor get activated so it couldn‘t help me as someone stole my mirror)

So i replaced now my Nextbase with an A139. In general it is good and wifi is much better than NB.
But i had few times already the problem that the A139 freeze and i have to unplug it from energy. It froze e.g. if i tried to play some files and there is nothing i can do to bring it back except unplug it.

The other thing is that parking mode is not working. I use my hardwirekit from my NB with an adapter. But as i came back it recorded the entire time (used buffered parking mode) even it was in my garage (btw geofencing doesn‘t work as well - it will just enable and disable if i go back to settings).

Is the firmware 1.6 still unstable or is there any other problem which could cause these issues?

I'm guessing that your nextbase hardwire kit does not provide the parking signal to the A139 correctly, so it is never trying to enter parking mode?
You might have to get yourself a Viofo HK3-C hardwire kit.

If it is only freezing after playing files, first make sure that the app is up to date as well as the firmware. What mobile device are you using?
Also, you can try always disconnecting the app from the camera when you are finished, return to the home screen...

According to Viofo, the A139 does not currently have buffered parking mode. I know they had a beta version with buffered mode, but it was not officially released as far as I know.

I would used the Viofo HK3-C hardwire kit to get parking mode working properly.

With Viofo cams you must use only theuir PS's and HWK's or supply 5VDC from a powerbank. These cams frequently have problems when powered otherwise but work well when using the Viofo equipment. Get their HK3-C kit and I think your problems will be solved.

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
Usually during driving the camera seems to work fine. I'm using an Iphone 13 Max Pro with the Viofo app. The problem occurs just if i connect to the camera and go to settings or play files. Sometimes everything is fine - sometimes after i played 3 files the fourth file will freeze.... (Firmware and App is up to date)

Regarding my hardwire kit i'm using the rearmaster dashcam car cable which was always working fine with the nextbase and it is working in general with the A139. But in the first mode it will record all the time and in the second mode it will record nothing.

The problem is i don't know how i can connect the HK3-C with my Seat Alhambra (aka VW Sharan). This is why i'm using an odb dashcam cable.

Best regards

With Viofo cams you must use only theuir PS's and HWK's or supply 5VDC from a powerbank. These cams frequently have problems when powered otherwise but work well when using the Viofo equipment. Get their HK3-C kit and I think your problems will be solved.

Phil
Is it really a difference if i use a power bank or the rearmaster? in both cases it would deliver constant voltage isn't it?

The problem is i don't know how i can connect the HK3-C with my Seat Alhambra (aka VW Sharan). This is why i'm using an odb dashcam cable.
Installing a HW Kit is fairly simple with VAG cars. You need to locate the fuse box. (It's most likely at the dashboard)
Then you use a fuse tap to connect to the battery and acc. You will find information about what fuse to use online or you measure it with a multimeter yourself, with the ignition off and then on.
You also need to connect to a ground. For this, you can use any not safety relevant screw to attach your cable.

The problem is i don't know how i can connect the HK3-C with my Seat Alhambra (aka VW Sharan). This is why i'm using an odb dashcam cable

I reviewed a lot of YouTube videos showing folks doing dash cam installs. Some were specific to the Viofo, some were specific to my vehicle, and others were generic. Not sure of your location and if the links will work for your region but give them a try:

VW Sharan Fuse Box: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vw+sharan+fuse+box
VW Sharan Dash Cam: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vw+sharan+dash+cam
And generic on tapping a fuse box: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tap+into+fuse+box+dashcam

I had no problem with figuring out how to tap into my VW (Atlas) by reviewing a handful of videos.

Thank you very much. I ordered the HK3 now and i will try to install it… btw is there any reason why there is a HK4 with UBS-C as well?

HK4 is not HK4-C, is just HK4.
HK4 can be used on A139 if somebody really want it.

My Viofo A139 freezes when exiting parking mode on a cool May day (12-15 C). Once, I drove 2.5 hours without recording. The last 3 files (3-channel version) are unreadable. The body gets warm. It's frustrating because you can't rely on this camera. You would have to keep an eye on it constantly but this is not possible in practice.

Try with another card.

I bought the kit: dashcam + hwkit + card etc. I will sooner give away to seller everything as a goods not in accordance with the contract (there is such a law in my country) and will get a full refund. But first I will try the firmware downgrade to 1.6 because I have some version 1.7, which is not on the official website of viofo.com (1.6 is there).

I bought the kit: dashcam + hwkit + card etc. I will sooner give away to seller everything as a goods not in accordance with the contract (there is such a law in my country) and will get a full refund. But first I will try the firmware downgrade to 1.6 because I have some version 1.7, which is not on the official website of viofo.com (1.6 is there).
So it’s a Viofo branded card? Have you tried formatting it?

The best is to take the camera in the house overnight and test it using a smartphone USB charger if you are sure your card is okay.
The VIOFO dashcams are very good quality, the A139 is their top so usually is a local problem because of user actions and nod dashcam problem.

The best is to take the camera in the house overnight and test it using a smartphone USB charger if you are sure your card is okay.
The VIOFO dashcams are very good quality, the A139 is their top so usually is a local problem because of user actions and nod dashcam problem.
Previously, I was using firmware version 1.6 and I did not experience this drawback. I'll do a downgrade and see. The card is not from Viofo and it is not the fastest card, but according to the seller's assurances, it is 100% compatible.

The card is not from Viofo and it is not the fastest card, but according to the seller's assurances, it is 100% compatible.
If it's not a Viofo branded card, what brand and model is it?

Can you show us a photo of the card please?

Paul.

Back