A229 Pro Test & Review PP

A229 Pro Front cam show more dark and less colors picture than others. Hmm... is this price for 4K resolution?

A229 Pro Front cam show more dark and less colors picture than others. Hmm... is this price for 4K resolution?
Yeah there is some intricacies when it comes to low light situations in the move from 2k to 4k for example, among others..

It has the same 4K sensor as the A139 Pro, which is the brightest!
I think it is the price of avoiding all noise, even though allowing a little noise can give better overall results.
What we are missing in these tests is any motion, the biggest issue with dashcams in the dark is always motion blur, so that is the most important test.
@Panzer Platform - you need to add some movement into your test setup...

What we are missing in these tests is any motion, the biggest issue with dashcams in the dark is always motion blur, so that is the most important test.
@Panzer Platform - you need to add some movement into your test setup...

A metronome would be a good tool for measuring motion blur indoors. You can set the speed to a precise measured cadence for an accurate comparison between cameras.
metronome.jpeg

Stay tuned, it gets better.

What we are missing in these tests is any motion
It’s coming, can you hurry up, and wait.
Filming 30 seconds of footage, uploading / downloading, analyzing, for 8 different cameras is taking more time than usual.
Especially since I don’t have fancy equipment like a computer, or editing software. lol
Can you cut me some slack?

Especially since I don’t have fancy equipment like a computer, or editing software. lol
That may be helping, video editing takes ages, recording things first take and not editing saves a huge amount of time!

You're kidding, right? Are you still on Windows XP, a 500 MB hard drive and a dial up modem?

Zenith Z-300 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I actually remember using those when I was in the military, many, many years ago.

A small investment in an inexpensive Dell would make @Panzer Platform dashcam video life much easier. :)

I use Linux Mint and cannot find a reason, at my age, to ever use Windows again.

It’s coming, can you hurry up, and wait.
Filming 30 seconds of footage, uploading / downloading, analyzing, for 8 different cameras is taking more time than usual.
Can you cut me some slack?
It's working pretty well and you take your time don't worry about the impatient ones :D

Always options to edit your videos on a phone or if you had an iPad pretty good editors for them too without the need for even touching a computer

Not when talking about the retail availability of early PCs. :woot: :woot:

That's what we're talking about? :unsure: What year is this? :smuggrin:

Didn't the 20th century end nearly a quarter of a century ago and early PCs were introduced almost a half century ago ? :confused:

What sort of machine are you recommending PP go out and get for himself? But really, don't bother, he's a hopeless case. I say this because I started a conversation with Panzer 5 months ago where I sent him some suggestions in a PM about how to get a good one inexpensively titled, "Get yourself a proper bleeping computer fer chissakes :)", but it was a no go.:(

Always options to edit your videos on a phone or if you had an iPad pretty good editors for them too without the need for even touching a computer
My phone will edit a video faster than my computer! Perfectly acceptable for many purposes, although you don't get many options/choices/information.
And the dashcams do need testing by people that do use phones rather than computers, since that seems to be becoming the majority of people.

My phone will edit a video faster than my computer! Perfectly acceptable for many purposes, although you don't get many options/choices/information.
And the dashcams do need testing by people that do use phones rather than computers, since that seems to be becoming the majority of people.
Thats it, my laptop is no slouch but my phone is now faster than my PC so would be much easier to edit it on a phone etc. And then upload it straight away to YouTube. The whole workflow is much much easier.

The olden days you'd have to take the microSD card out or hook it up to a PC/Mac, then edit it, then upload to YouTube. Now you can just wifi if from the dash cam to your phone and do the rest. Gotta love technology!

iPhones come with iMovie for free and while somewhat limited it is surprisingly capable. It will handle 4K, Pro-res video 2, ProRAW and green screening.

There's also Final Cut Pro for iPad which is quite powerful for a tablet app.

iPhones come with iMovie for free and while somewhat limited it is surprisingly capable. It will handle 4K, Pro-res video 2, ProRAW and green screening.

There's also Final Cut Pro for iPad which is quite powerful for a tablet app.
LumaFudion and DaVinci Resolve too, used the latter for a while on my iPad pro M1 - very decent for what it is.

Back