A329. What is this?

something with that is way outside what i would pay for a damn phone.

I think i can stretch to a SD 7 gen 3 phone, and that's about it.

something with that is way outside what i would pay for a damn phone.

I think i can stretch to a SD 7 gen 3 phone, and that's about it.
Lol think again - I paid $550 AUD new for my Poco F6. It's the best value chip that isn't too far off the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 performance wise.

Idiots like Motorola like to charge double that price with their models with the same processor - better cameras of course but I can't justify the pricing there.

Not only did I receive an email from Viofo, but I have already reserved a new model.
I bought an A139 Pro as soon as it was released. This time I'll wait and see how this new model performs. Ideally I want to use the RTC300, so I'm more likely to choose one of the A229 options.

I just received an "A329 Coming Soon" email from Viofo :)

View attachment 74062
Yeah got the same email teaser.

Tried to register but it didn't accept my email address! Said it's invalid!

Go figure hey.

As they say "In the fullness of time" things will become clear lol.

I understand where you are coming from re the A139 Pro.

I bought an A139 Pro as soon as it was released. This time I'll wait and see how this new model performs. Ideally I want to use the RTC300, so I'm more likely to choose one of the A229 options.
At the moment, A229 Pro + RTC300 is the best option.
I have such bundles installed in two cars.

Beta Testers, Start your engine!!

Think I will wait a few months and read the reviews from SDS and a few others.

I wonder if it has Cloud.

Tried to register but it didn't accept my email address! Said it's invalid!
I have been registered on viofo.com for a long time.
I visited the site and made purchases without any problems.
Recently I needed to go to the site and extend the warranty on the A229 Pro
and I couldn't go in for two days with my email address and my password.
I registered again with the old email address and the old password and everything worked.

I am entertaining the idea of a digital day / night scope for my rifle, the one i am eyeing can even do 4K/120, so it cant be that old hardware inside it.

PS: also got mail from Viofo while i was away visiting my mother and friend.

Beta Testers, Start your engine!!
If we learned anything from last year’s release of the A229 Pro (September 2023), the first 6 months of paying consumers unwittingly became beta testers.
I hope this time NIGHT TIME HDR performance is 100% functional / acceptable on the first day of public release.

The “free pre-order” Viofo Brand 256GB SD Card ($64 value) sounds like a great deal at first.
But you must purchase directly from the official Viofo website.
That means you only get a 3-DAY return policy, and consumers pay return shipping.
As always, it’s smarter to wait until the unit is available from Amazon US so you get a 30-DAY return policy with free return shipping if there is a problem.
It usually takes 45 days for Amazon US to get units in stock after they are in stock on the official Viofo website.

Attachments

• 1 .png
    1 .png
    507.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    146.6 KB · Views: 4
If we learned anything from last year’s release of the A229 Pro (September 2023), the first 6 months of paying consumers unwittingly became beta testers.
I hope this time NIGHT TIME HDR performance is 100% functional / acceptable on the first day of public release.

The “free pre-order” Viofo Brand 256GB SD Card ($64 value) sounds like a great deal at first.
But you must purchase directly from the official Viofo website.
That means you only get a 3-DAY return policy, and consumers pay return shipping.
As always, it’s smarter to wait until the unit is available from Amazon US so you get a 30-DAY return policy with free return shipping if there is a problem.
It usually takes 45 days for Amazon US to get units in stock after they are in stock on the official Viofo website.
Within 90 days

If there are any product quality problems that are not caused by artificial factors such as dis-assembly, misuse, drops or falls, water damage, unofficial firmware, software modifications or any other causes of damage, we will cover the return shipping fees based on the shipping receipt you will provide only if these charges are worth less than US$20.

3 Day Return Policy .png

How much is it in $?

Looks like videos are recorded to microSD or external SSD, not both simultaneously. SSD can be used to backup microSD, but that seems to be a manual operation via the menu, rather than automatic.
Yes, there is a menu where you chose where to record the videos if you have both, card inserted and SSD connected.
For example you chose to record on SSD.
If you will disconnect the SSD, the camera will automatically start recording on SD Card.
When you will reconnect the SSD, on camera display will be a message asking if you want to record on SSD or not. That message will stay on screen for about 45 seconds and after that time-out the camera will start recording on SSD. During this period the camera will not record because it is waiting for user input.

We all know that when inserting a card the camera is restarting so it is not possible such message like the one when inserting the SSD because when the SSD is inserted the camera will not restart but prompt that message.

Regarding the free Viofo 256GB card, we all know that nothing is free. If A329 destination is to record on SSD Viofo could offer a free 32GB card like they are doing on VS1 and in this way they are sure about camera working when it is used the card. We all know that cards are the main problem for dashcams. Now, with SSD, also the SSD can create problems. Having the Viofo 32GB card the user can always check if the camera is not working OK because of poor SSD or poor card. That 32GB to not be offered for the user to record on it but to eliminate a potential problem. But if the user will want to record for some time on that 32GB card until they will buy a SSD or a bigger card, they can use the dashcam from the first minutes after install.

Where are you getting the info that it can use SSD?

Back