Actor and Auto Enthusiast Paul Walker dead at 40

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Just read this morning. I meant to post earlier but got a little caught up with things. Paul Walker who was best known for staring in The Fast and Furious movies along with the CB Horror movie Joy Ride died yesterday at at approximately 3:30 PM.

Walker and friend Roger Rodas were working on an outreach project. Shortly after leaving in a Porsche Carrera GT driven by Rodas they crashed into a light post and the CGT burst into flames.

The police mentioned that there were burnout and figure 8 marks in the nearby area, and say that speed was a factor in the crash.

35i7g5h.jpg

jpfm77.jpg

judging from the pics i think the speed have been well above the limit.

judging from the pics i think the speed have been well above the limit.

yeah it's deceptive because the tree the car finished up on is not capable of causing that damage, they obviously hit something else prior and have just landed there at the end

Sad story. That Porsche Carrera GT appears to be a difficult car to drive.

The previous owner of that car was Graham Rahal, an IndyCar driver. In an interview this May he said:
"It says it has traction control, but that traction control on that car is not going to do a thing to save you....The Carrera GT is just harder to drive and I drive my cars a lot."

Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear (see his comments at 6 minutes) said drivers were on a "knife edge" handling the 612 bhp Porsche Carrera GT, which has a top speed of 205mph. He said if you "make a mistake - it bites your head off".

In 2005, Ben Keaton (driver) and Corey Rudl (passenger) died in a Porsche Carrera GT crash on a race track. The family of the passenger sued a number of people including Porsche and settled for $4.5M (8% from Porsche).

Last edited:
Unfortunately, another innocent person died too. As for this "fast and furious", I think that he got what he asked for.

Unfortunately, another innocent person died too. As for this "fast and furious", I think that he got what he asked for.

he was the passenger, I thought that made him one of the innocent people or were the others involved as well?

Yes, you're right. Mea culpa. I took the info from a romanian online paper. They just corrected it.
RIP!

In the news clip linked to, the report referred to the Porsche Carrera GT as a “sports car”.

A gross understatement to be sure — the Porsche Carrera GT is, at heart, a race car — regardless of it being granted “road legal” status.

Cheers!

Back