Adding the rear cam SGR291CAM to my SGGCX2PRO

jeep-tom

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Street Guardian
Hello,

wasn't in the forum for a few years. Didn't use my dash cam since April 2020 as I quit my job as a truck driver in the U.S. and moved the end of 2020 to Spain to retire.
Now I've finally installed my cam in my car again and it still works :)
I've ordered a new rear cam from hiniko and now I try to get it running.
Followed all the steps but no recording, something's wrong. Looks like the rear cam will not be recognized :cry:
Any help would be appreciated!

Greetings from Spain,
Tom

If you changed from a 323 rear cam to the upgraded 291 you need different firmware. Maybe @Street Guardian USA can help you (I don't see @hiniko as a member anymore :unsure: ).

If you changed from a 323 rear cam to the upgraded 291 you need different firmware. Maybe @Street Guardian USA can help you (I don't see @hiniko as a member anymore :unsure: ).
I haven't changed from another rear cam, I just added this new rear cam. I've done the two step firmware upgrade to the plus version, but it's not working. I've sent niko an email thru his contact form on his website, let's see if I get an answer. When I check the version on my cam, it shows the latest version X2PRO+200702V1.31. The rear cam was connected after the firmware upgrade :rolleyes:

Edit: I've read every thread as I've seen that a lot of people had problems with the upgrade, don't know if I missed something. I'm just wondering why it's such a secret that there's no official step by step manual to change from PRO to PRO+. It's always "Send me a PM"
The upgrade manual and the files were from the website of hiniko, then I installed the latest version of the firmware

Ok, I'm a bit disappointed, looks like customer support went downhill the last years, haven't heard from anybody from Street Guardian, @niko didn't react on my email I've sent him thru his contact form :(

It seems that I was in a similar situation, as I purchased SGR291CAM rear cameras for our SGGCX2PRO pro cameras and it worked fine for one of them (which stated that it shipped with "Plus" firmware), but another can't be upgraded to Plus firmware and - although it recognizes a second camera when connected - can't work with the signal and just beeps, flipping back and forth on the recording time display, etc.

Notably, the serial number on the unit which won't work with the SGR291CAM is older than the others which do work with that rear camera. So there is some inherent (hardware?) limitation stopping me from upgrading the firmware and using a second camera, it seems. I was only able to upgrade the firmware to the latest non-PLUS version.

My guess is that my older model is only compatible with the SGR323CAM (and probably same compatibility issue for the OP.)

Last edited:
Back