Any A229 Duo radio reception issues?

syee

Reaction score
Wondering if any of the A229 users have experienced any issues with the A229 with radio reception? I'm currently using the A129 Duo and even with the ferrite cores on each end of the front and rear camera cable, the camera interferes with my AM radio reception. Wondering with the new rear camera and cable type on the A229 if anyone noticed any difference. Would potentially be looking to upgrade to the A229 in the near future especially if it can address this issue.

Hello,
I understand how much you love AM radio. lol
However, this is not a dash cam issue.
This is an issue of properly routing the camera cables away from the antenna in your specific vehicle.
You may want to try running the rear camera cable on the opposite side of the car to see if that makes a change in the interference.
-Chuck

I installed a A229 in a newer car that also has DAB. No issues with radio(FM or DAB), keyless or internet.

A229 should handle DAB interference better. This issue is mainly caused by the rear cam cable.
The A229 rear cam uses the coaxial cable which has a better shield.

Hello,
I understand how much you love AM radio. lol
However, this is not a dash cam issue.
This is an issue of properly routing the camera cables away from the antenna in your specific vehicle.
You may want to try running the rear camera cable on the opposite side of the car to see if that makes a change in the interference.
-Chuck
Haha, our local sports radio is on AM, hence the reason I'm listening to AM radio. I did change the routing of the cable - it used to run along the roof liner orignally when I first installed it, and I moved it to run along the floor/door sills but still get the same noise.

A229 should handle DAB interference better. This issue is mainly caused by the rear cam cable.
The A229 rear cam uses the coaxial cable which has a better shield.
Thanks! That's reassuring. When I see the A229 on sale, I'll probably pick one up to replace the current Viofo.

I did change the routing of the cable - it used to run along the roof liner orignally when I first installed it, and I moved it to run along the floor/door sills but still get the same noise.
Opps. I meant running it on the other side of the car,( driver side vs. passenger side).

Back