512GW recording mode

Thanks Tiffany sorry you caught part of my rant not been a good day regarding my electronic items

Good point.

Let's all be nice to Tiffany today :kiss:

Hi all and Happy New Year,

Do we have any news yet on progress with the firmware?

I am driving from Bologna to Lyon tomorrow through the Alps and will have to use the E-Prance GS6000 to ensure safety but also to make sure that the footage wont be overwritten. Good news is it won't have a manufacturers logo spoiling it!

I did the drive through the Alps on 4th Jan.

Any news yet re firmware?

Will it be possible to turn off the NextBase logo on the videos?

Um, hello, where has everyone gone?

Phil calling nextbase, come in...

probably bought dash cams form another company.

Will it be possible to turn off the NextBase logo on the videos?

Only if you roll back the firmware.

It's discussed elsewhere on the forum at least two or three times somwhere.

Just picked up my 512GW on Friday. Updated to the latest firmware available, as suggested in the manual. Picked up a car in England on Saturday and drove home. Had a class 10 64GB microSD card, so was somewhat surprised when I decided to look at the footage today. I left the default recording at 1440p, and have only 3.5 hours of footage, going by the date stamp. Will definitely want to have the option to switch off the LO-res files and the logo.

It seems that now that they've had our money that they don't care any more.

Tiffany, get us the firmware with the options to turn off lo res recordings and logo...

I assure you this isn't the case @Phil Humphreys - some of the models now have this firmware available, the 512GW is almost done too - it will be worth the wait.

Ah, cheers Tiffany. I thought you had gone on a long vacation due to no response since Feb 10th...

As wonderful as that would be, no - no news for the 512GW so I though it would be best waiting until sorted (almost there).

I hope you enjoyed your return trip though.

I have requested this so called new firmware on this forum and sent an email to support on the 13/3/18 and to date still nothing and not even an answer back from them so looks like I will have to live with this lemon because being a pensioner I do not have the cash to splash around for another make or model of dashcam

Yes I understand - we aren't able to send something that we don't have at the moment, I can assure you it's coming though as some are done now.

I'm sorry we haven't responded - that doesn't sound like us, can you PM me your email and the email address you sent it into and I will look into it for you.

just thought i would let you know i have a new 512 and it comes with firmware 17.9 and it does have the option to turn off dual files
for some reason the latest firmware on the nextbase website still says 15.8

Sounds like someone at NextBase gets all excited and ahead of themselves ...

This was written in December 2017
"When the rear cam is added on the 512GW you won't have the option for dual file recordings, there will be one front and one rear only."
Unfortunately the rear camera is still not available some 6 months later.

This was written March 2018
"I can assure you it's coming though as some are done now"
Nearly June and still not able to update.

Tiffany is in a no win situation as she can only relay the information she is given, whoever gives her this information needs to be held accountable for giving it's customers
misleading information.

Tiffany is in a no win situation as she can only relay the information she is given, whoever gives her this information needs to be held accountable for giving it's customers
misleading information.
Once the guilty party has been identified, what would you suggest as a suitable punishment? What about a public hanging? Or perhaps a nice messy hang, draw and quarter?
As a minimum, I suspect it should be a nice clean good old fashioned firing squad.

Back