Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I know some people have been frustrated with the number of delays in getting this to market, product development rarely runs smoothly, but appreciate the discount and free shipping that's been offered due to delays.

Ordered! Thank you @NextBase Tiffany
I guess we just need the firmware update now, having the option to not save the low-res files will free up space for the rear cam files.

I will check on this because I think there is one due out soon - let me get back to you.

I did ask to be put on the mailing list, but ended up paying full price. Ive had my eye on this since January.

You're right, I will update the payment amount. I'm so sorry I missed your message previously!

As seems to be the case recently purchased units are on ver 17.9 of the FW an update would seem to be due.

Rear cam now orderd by phone and credit card. Thanks very much Tiffany and the discount is much appreciated as well.

• "Records in full 1080p HD – Works with the 512GW both recording at 1080p at 30 fps"
I'm interested in this as well. If it's true that the rear cam downgrades the resolution of the front 512GW to 1080p and only 30fps I won't be interested anymore cause I think 512GW records much better quality in 1440p. @NextBase Tiffany can you confirm this please?

Last edited:
Hi guys. Been following this thread for literally months, great to see the rear cam finally become available.

@NextBase Tiffany

I did email sales a few times regarding this, and was assured, by Elliot, that I’d been added to the much mentioned mailing list.

Folk that have been tagged on here appear to be getting offered some form of discount due to the long delay. I hadn’t previously bothered joining up to the forum, but there’s been no email, and no discount, communicated to those on the mailing list.

Are you in any way able to confirm if I am actually on the mailing list, and is an email regarding purchase/discount still to be expected? (I registered on here using the same email address that Elliot was given).

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if I'm on too. Had a web chat with Elliott about 6 months ago and was meant to be added then.

Thought I was also on the list.
Will ring in the morning and see if I can get one at long last, can I also get a bigger card from nextbase at the same time????

Received my link from Nextbase for 50% off the 512GWRC this afternoon. Thanks go to Tiffany & James @ support.

Thank Tiffany, the Nextbase site is very slow but after the third attempt I managed to order one with the discount code.

I can’t seem to get one phoned today said I’ll be emailed when they get some in I’ve been waiting ages think they have forgot about me I checked to Day and asked to be added see pic
6d3177c848dfe0ca1dad6eddca77a008.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back