Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

Could you quantify more specifically the issues that have been fixed please ?

Sorry I missed this:
1) Wi-Fi notconnecting when rear cam is connected.
2) Picture in Picture not working correctly.
3) option to turn off dual files.
4) Nextbase Assist shortcuts/SD card info.
5) Option to retain user settings at firmware update.

All in all, an update worth doing :)

Sorry I missed this:

3) option to turn off dual files.

5) Option to retain user settings at firmware update.

All in all, an update worth doing :)

Definitely, especially for the reasons above....

Most frustrating to have to put all your settings back in everytime you update the firmware!!! :)

Good morning just a question ?? as I have not gone through all the threads but is there a way just to view rear camera alone rather than either left or right because this would be handy when positioning the rear cam to back windscreen making sure its view is between the heater wires...... thanks

Good morning just a question ?? as I have not gone through all the threads but is there a way just to view rear camera alone rather than either left or right because this would be handy when positioning the rear cam to back windscreen making sure its view is between the heater wires...... thanks

Yes, Just press mode while the camera is recording

mclarkie thanks for quick reply

Mmmmm I’ve been away on holibobs for a week and the rear cam is out ? - I didn’t receive any notification or a discount code - kinda bummed after waiting so long ;/

I am somewhat fed up too, been on this list for months and have not received any notification and now sold out. Anyone want to buy a dashcam, time to look elsewhere I think

Maybe you had a lucky escape, nothing but trouble with the rear cam, nothing but problems, completely let down the original dashcam, such a shame, waste of money!!!

@Klr650steve if you message me your email address I can see why you weren't notified.

@MiK-DCT Can you message me your email address too so I can see why you didn't get notified.

The thing is I did subscribe to the thread and still didn’t receive anything. I’ve been through my spam folder too and there’s nothing in there. I’m not complaining, it’s just one of those things, still gutted though.

Same here Jim

@Sirv they are out of stock - they will be available to purchase in Halfords next.

Dec 30th 2017
Tiffany replied to my request for information on the release of the rear cams.
"I will of course let you know once released." (Cut and pasted from the original post)

Receive emails is checked in my forum preferences.

Tiffanys recent post on the subject states 'only a limited number are available'

Update
Members informed of the release by Tiffany and the date they asked to be informed - cross referenced.
One member asked to put on the list in May 2018 and was informed by Tiffany. (Note my request was Dec 30 2017).

You will appreciate I am more than a little unhappy about how this has been handled by Nextbase (and yes, an email has been sent).

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Last edited:
Update 2
10.18 Tiffany has replied to my email of 09.10 today.

@Mike J I can see you're frustrated and I'm really sorry - don't worry though I can see when and where you've been posting. I just need to check when everyone is back in during "normal" office hours.

@NextBase Tiffany By the power of interweb and the new fangelled electronic mail thingy o_O I would post a screenie of the original mail but sadly my computer-me-bob died and I wasn’t using webmail :/ but I sent a mail to sales@nextbase.co.uk on the same day I asked to be added on the mailing list on this thread late April

Back