[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Oh I like the sound of that mate - looking at that name I'm guessing it's a 5000 series then? With wifi in there and Linux or busy box alongside an ssh daemon you could do some right tricks :)

I've just had a skim and it looks like it supports station mode so it should work as a client to a normal home wifi network :)

Reactions: Mtz
ok need some help here, i have 2 g90 a7la30 unts, i need to backup the firmware of one to reload on the other(brick) the autoexec method does not create a valid full file, in this tool i see you can download the firmware but no worky for me, has anyone successfully extracted the the full firmware , ps the particualr firmware i need is not listed anywhere as i have the gps version if anyone has i need trunk svn 449 gps :)

I think the latest version link is dead. Could you replace the link please.

I removed the old files since these versions contained a bug regarding the rom partition. I think I should update the OP :D
This is the latest (test) version:
http://dc.p-mc.eu/a7tool/AFT10test.jar

Just ignore the update message on startup

Hello.
And where now strings.dat -?

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hi, the import/export works a little bit different. It Exports/imports the row you have your active cell in.
It will be in the rfs folder and is called language[id].lang

It will be in the rfs folder and is called language[id].lang
Yes, but there is not all the information.
No second language.
Here strings.dat, but language0.lang
snippet:

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18
The .dat file comes from the old strings.bin editor. It's not used anymore. The application keeps the language data in memory.
The export/import is used to modify a single language (column) with an external editor and import it afterwards. Therefore the exported file only contains strings from one column.

Reactions: Mtz
Tobi@s!!!
Firmware from FLEXMEDIA VOSONIC V747W strings.bin no, no way to see the structure?

Last edited:
Please send me a sample firmware

Tobi@s, strings.bin is in pri-section.
On what parameters it out again, I do not understand.
:)

I see. Integration into PRI is bad :/
You wouldn't have the comfort of dynamic string length if you'd edit it directly in pri section.

Hi Tobi@s.
Firmware you cut into pieces, and then modify and collect firmware.
The chip A2s have the opportunity to individually update each section.
How to prepare a modified section I can tell.
Check out this way on other chips.

AFT 1.2test release
Still a test release, means none of the few weeks ago announced features are included.

Changelog:
- Firmware disassembler algorithm rewritten, now allows more partitions like LNX, LNXFS and "unknown"
aft.png

-Bitrate Editor rewritten, added user selection for detection pattern (to support more firmwares), also added custom input for table offset and length
bre.png

-Added detection for donation status: You can create a new file in the AFT.jar directory, called "donated.aft" with your paypal or contact email address as content. But: I don't plan to add features that are only available to guys which donated. Don't worry. I'm not sure how I'm going to use it at the moment. Maybe for early access? No idea.
-Bug fixes and things I don't remember. Most of them were discovered/suggested by @Mtz - Thanks! =)

Download: http://dc.p-mc.eu/a7tool/AFT12test.jar

Toby @ S that tells about my firmware?

Back