[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Would require some deep digging in the assembly code of the firmware. Its most likely not just a button value that needs to be changed

this is predominantly an 0801/0803 thing, most don't need this
Can you or Tobi@s explain when and how the cable should be used?
I own an action camera (Andoer AN8000, Ambarella based) which is bricked and I don't have a working firmware to overwrite.. Will the cable be of any help?
Thanks

Can you or Tobi@s explain when and how the cable should be used?
I own an action camera (Andoer AN8000, Ambarella based) which is bricked and I don't have a working firmware to overwrite.. Will the cable be of any help?
Thanks
You need an .elf file of the firmware to flash it with DirectUSB. Theres also a tool called AmbaUSB, not sure if this one is cablable of flashing firmware binaries

Ok, thanks! One last question: if I find some user with an unbricked camera, is it possible to dump the elf firmware from it?
If yes, is DirectUSB the proper tool to do that?

@Tobi@s and @Falsificator are you able to assit in my search for the video bitrate table for the Ambarella A9.

I have posted here

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...mbarella-based-cameras-using-aft.10220/page-2

I am attempting to locate the bitrate table in a firmware from a DJI camera using the A9s using this tool, not having any luck however as the data structures seem to dissimilar.

I have downloaded this firmware https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.40.zip

I have decompiled the firmware to extract the ambarella firmware elements using these tools https://github.com/mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools

First I have unpacked the various total firmware package then separated the OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.40_m0101.bin into it's various elements

From this using fgrep the command points me to the OSMO_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.40_m0100_part_sys.a9s partition as being the likely candidate.

I am unable to locate the bitrate table this partition using the technique described above.

Can you provide any assistance - I would like to be able to repeat the procedure for other firmware as well share the process on this page for other users
https://github.com/mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools

thanks

Glenn

I would like to use the A7 tool, however knowing which offset is perplexing as I don't possess a definitive hex string to identify the offset. I would like to learn this process as many DJI products utilise the A9SE and to share with the other github users

are you able to assit in my search for the video bitrate table for the Ambarella A9
The table of bitrates in the usual form is not in the firmware.
For example in firmware VicoTF2+, V747W, StreetStorm 7620
bitrate was registered by separate values and not in the table.
To search it is desirable to know the exact value of the desired bitrates, to have
an ELF in case of an osculation and boldness in order to flash your gadget...)

Well, the guarantee that everything will be successful no one can give...

Last edited:
Tobi@s - great software man!!(y)
I play little with it (download the last 1.3.3) and seems useful and cool. I own mini 0807 with A7 chip. Any idea / suggestion how can I edit the color of the data printed on each frame. Most of you perhaps using the camera in "normal" mode when the numbers are down right but I switch into flipped mode. So, now numbers are up left and on cloudy sky or bright scene they are invisible.
I wish to correct the color from white to "horrible orange" :LOL: if that is somehow possible. I try with HEX editor to check over the decrypted data with your software but do not drop over some readable for my level of hex modifying..

in Ambarella the letters are all individual bitmap files, you need to edit every one of them to change their colour

Ok, used that tool(but vers. 4.xx something):

ae_1.jpg

And that section:

cap-fonts-3.JPG

Now I edit and replace the whites in ENG. pictures with orange:

cap6a.JPG

And then move backward: Fonts.bin > Read dirs.. > show 664 found. > code page select all > Compile > "Fonts.mod created is created! > Exit Fonts.bin > Editor > Rom.bin > Select all > Generate > "Rom.mod created is created! > Exit > Firmware compile ..
After all that, I get new FW.mod file what is somehow 6kb less than the original one I start. But when upload it as firmware.bin to the camera and test.. that is the result:

example.JPG

Instead the orange numbers/letters it become with gray background... Well, now is readable well, but kind of ugly. And also, the same "gray-ish" film appear in the menu and there is bad to read.
Somehow the compile process did not work well. I`m aware, reading from the forums that "Fonts" editor doing well in A2 and perhaps 5 but in that one didn`t go well..

Still, very good software but if that "font recalibration" is possible will be in great help. (still can`t be sure why the font must be white?)

p.s: I try in one test, to match as resolution and size the start_logo.jpg and replace the image but when uploaded get stripes and pink foreground. That is for sure is not issue at all..

EDIT: now I try to compile again with all my new made BMPs, and then same ready firmware to open again and see what are they after (here is shot):
(right - OEM ones, left mine after compiled firmware)

cap7.JPG

No surprise of that gray-ish halo on the video data. Also, some of the chinese characters that I do not touch at all become somehow from white on pin to black on pink.

EDIT2:
recompile.jpg
Today have try to see what will happen if only decompile ROM and fonts and compile without replacing anything.. Then open that new one to see what will be extracted.
Result on the picture. The same black ones come on the camera too. Still, the firmware work I guess as should be

Last edited:
Hi guys! i have a camera with A2, i just need to change the logo at start up and the sound too, but i don't have the firmware to edit it..could somebody help me?

Back