[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

That's an awesome addition to have!

Is it possible to display a picture behind the cells to give people who don't understand an idea of what area they'd be changing?

Either a demo picture or maybe user definable with the grid overlaid like the demos on your website?

I really miss this sort of thing you can do with AFT on the Panorama series as the Ambarella stuff you've pulled apart and its so flexible!

Huh wtf??! I tried to take a screenshot of one of my recordings as cell background and recognized that the 0803 has a ghosting issue? :L

ghostingy2d6jpk45g.png

I've seen that on a few cams now - I guess something to do with WDR maybe?

Dashcams behave funky in bad weather for sure!

WDR is turned off on all my cameras :S

Also if there's a pic there maybe the cells could be colour coordinated depending on value? Not sure which way would make more sense - ie red is higher priority or green? That would be more visual?

I never like some of the things WDR does either on some a7 cameras - @Rayman.Chan will probably know what's behind that ghosting?

That's absolutely brilliant mate :D

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
AFT 1.3 AETable Editor Update
Exams for this week are done so I had some time for finishing AETable Editor.

aeeditor.png

How to use: Self explaining ;) Only values from 0 to 5 are valid.
The "Table"-menu is disabled cause the export/import isn't finished yet :p

I also changed some other minor things, most important change is: I renamed the "sections" folder to "partitions" and "rfs" now is "rtosfs" (maybe some time there will be a LNXFS unpacker as well)

A few days ago I cleaned the first post and updated it a bit.

If you already donated some time ago and the application does not recognize your email from donated.aft send me a pm and I'll fix it.

Download:
[App] AFT 1.3.1 - Ambarella firmware editor

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a street storm camera and would like to remove the second line of text which has it as STREET STORM.
I used a hex editor to remove it from the file PRI.a7s however when I go to compile the firmware in a7 tool 7.5 and install the firmware it still comes up with STREET STORM on the second line.

Any ideas please ?

Last edited:
Downloading it now. Will let you know how I go. I bought four of these dash cameras for two cars. I use a dual usb charger so I can have one on the front windscreen and the other on the back. I had the 3h2f which I thought was great until I saw this clip on youtube which really impressed me so much that I bought these.

Getting the settings right is the hardest thing. I had wdr off earlier with hdr on and it came out darker than my older 3h2f cams so will try with wdr on. There are a heap of night settings to play with too. No English manual so having to try various settings to see what works best.

Thank goodness for this site. Thanks so much for replying to my posts.

I downloaded the firmware that you kindly uploaded. The street storm has gone and the text of TEST TEST.
How were you able to do that. If I use my hex editor will I be able to replace it with spaces please ?

Was there two locations of street storm text ?

Yeah, was at the location of the "STREET STORM" string. There is only one location.

That is where I thought I had removed it. Maybe I didn't save it before I set it to build the firmware.
Will have another go shortly. Thanks.

Was able to edit it out with spaces which in hex was 20 20 etc...
All working now and I made sure I pressed the save button in the hex editor.
Many thanks. You Legend.

Back