[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

wow nice soft, U are rock:)
so when bitmaps editor will be released?

Unfortunately I have no idea when I'll do this. It's not on the high priority list atm. This file is a bit tricky and I stopped working on a "assembler" for it ^^
On the high priority list is still: Examining the A7 Firmware

Hey :) Just to let you know. The bitrate tool works like a charm. Thanks again Tobi@s :)

a7tool072.PNG

v0.7.2 is out:
Changes:
- Bitrate Editor improvements
-> Shortcuts:
--> CTRL + C Copies the selected cell
--> CRTL + V pastes the Content in the selected cell
--> QuickPaste mode: Press CTRL + F6 to paste the Content from the cell above the selected cell into the selected cell and jump down 1 row
- Added an auto update checker
- Added an update downloader

DL located in first post

Thanks to @Falsificator for his help :D

v0.7.3 is out. Added all 158 Bitrate Arrays to Bitrate Editor
Updated the column descriptions
DL URL in first post, but you can also update through "? > Update"

for my firmware bitrate tools not work..say no array in PRI files...its firmware for finevu cr-2000

Oh damn..
Removed the latest version till I adress that issue. The strange thing is that it worked for me.

So I just checked your Firmware but I did not find a Problem. Can you tell me what did not work? Did you brick your dashcam?

So I just checked your Firmware but I did not find a Problem. Can you tell me what did not work? Did you brick your dashcam?
Yes, my DVR don't start after flashing modifed firmware. Even I just unpack and pack firmware. I have to recover my DVR by elf file.
Maybe do You need more bin files to compare?

I'll check it again...
Could you try to do this in the meantime: Use A7Tool v0.7.2 an do the same things you did with 0.7.3 and tell me if it works

I'll check it again...
Could you try to do this in the meantime: Use A7Tool v0.7.2 an do the same things you did with 0.7.3 and tell me if it works
I already tried a7tool 0.7.1, 0.7.2 and 0.7.3.
I didn't try 0.7 but I can try this if it's necessary.

So it worked with None of them?

Ok could you try to decompile the original Firmware and recompile it without any changes? And then try if it works or not.
I have no idea where the Problem is located :s

Errr.. I guess I have an idea now... I'll upload a modified a7tool for you.

Last edited:
Ok could you try to decompile the original Firmware and recompile it without any changes? And then try if it works or not.
I have no idea where the Problem is located :s
I've try to do this. It don't work :(
I see that a few bytes have been changed in the headers of certain sections. Maybe Problem is located in this? Is this bytes checksum?

Header of the sections is not the Problem but I guess the main Firmware Header is the Problem.
The last ~1800 Bytes of the Firmware Header are from Mini 0803 and seem a bit different. I'll send you a modified A7tool in a few minutes

Back