[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Yes and the other values in this section.

Sure ^^
But I Need you to check one more Thing:
Could you try the old not working Firmware and just add "osd=tv_full" to the Header? Need to know if it's just that whats missing or if the other values are required, too

Sure ^^
But I Need you to check one more Thing:
Could you try the old not working Firmware and just add "osd=tv_full" to the Header? Need to know if it's just that whats missing or if the other values are required, too
I see.
String "osd=tv_full" does not matter.
DVR was boot after I added mismatched bytes in the header before this line.

ok thanks for this Information. Will fix this now :)

@Tobi@s : Your A7Tool is pretty amazing. I would like to use it to blank out or change the splash screens and start up/shut down sounds. That's all I want to modify. I'm having a very hard time finding any instructions for how to do so. Is this currently possible with A7Tool? I've never modified firmware before so this is pretty intimidating and I don't want to ruin my camera. Is it pretty straightforward? Do you have any tips? Thank you!

Very easy:
Load the Firmware you want to Change
Then use Export > All sections to split the Firmware into ist partitions
Afterwards use RFS > Export to export the files from RFS Partition
Now you can modify the Logos/sounds which are located in the "rfs" Folder,

Please Keep the dimensions of the Pictures and save them with paint since it removes all EXIF data. If you want to remove sounds open the soundfiles in anEditor, delete the Content of the whole file and add a single space and save it.

When you are done you can recompile the Firmware using These instructions:
RFS > Build/recompile
RFS > Include
Build > Firmware binary
After this you get a new file called aXfirmware.bin
Rename it to fit your devices requirements and Flash it.

Check the Firmware filesize before flashing. It should differ only a bit (max. ~200 KBs)

Regarding the firmware that I want to change; do I need to modify a version number or something? My 0801 A2 is from E-Prance and has what appears to be a very recent firmware version. Will the 0801 accept the modified firmware if its exactly the same as what its running with a changed logo and sound?

Thanks so much for the instructions. I'm really looking forward to doing that today.

Edit: Will I be able to use the latest firmware listed at http://dc.p-mc.eu/0801/firmware? My 0801 is a non GPS model with no internal storage.

Last edited:
You can use a GPS with no internal memory version.
Version numbers do not matter.

Thanks Tobi@s. I have tried your software to change the bitrate and startup logo. I havent installed it on my dashcam yet which I hope to do within a couple of days.
Does the increased bitrate make the resolution much clearer on the 0803? As some have said, it is difficult to read license plates before. Hopefully the increased bitrate will help ....

Yes you can see a difference. Higher bitrate looks less jpeg compressed

left 0803 (clear lens) one has high bitrate right 0803 (dark lense) stock firmware
0803-bitrates.jpg

48mbits :D with UHS1 Microsd card

Ugh! I think I have bricked my 0803. I placed firmware.bin alone on the SD card, booted up. It said if I wanted to updated and I said Yes. It updated and said Success. Then there was a dotted circle in the middle of the screen that went round and round . Now its just stuck. It is still on and I cant get it to power down or anything. It is running on its own power for now.
This is not good.

Strange.. Could you upload you firmware.bin that I can have a look at it?

I cant upload here. Site says its too big a file. I will have to find a cloud storage ...

False alarm!
The internal battery of the 0803 ran down. After that I plugged a USB cable into it and it rebooted just fine with my new modifications and boot logo.

Phew. Had me scared there ....

Back