[App] AFT 1.3.2 - Ambarella firmware editor (development paused)

Just released A7Tool v06.
Changelog:
- Added automated decompressing/compressing of A2 compressed sections (PRI and DSP)
- Added A2 Patches Support
- Improved operability (to prevent more user Errors)
- Added more error-catching
- Fixed some GUI bugs
- Other internal changes

Download is located in first post.

You know how can uncompile and compile the .bin files for modify the parameters?

Regards.

Which parameters?

Which parameters?
I mean for example to (modify the bitrare to 15mb/s, disable the leds and others).

to be more simple, I would like to see the contents of the files. bin and is easy to read and edit. (as when an application that is similar to a php code decompiled).

I do not know if this is possible, I hope it is possible and that you understand what I mean.

Regards :).

Bitrate is possible, LED is harder. You Need Access to GPIO 43 somehow. Not sure how to do this in the Firmware.

Bitrate is possible, LED is harder. You Need Access to GPIO 43 somehow. Not sure how to do this in the Firmware.
Okay, how I can modify the bitrate? if you can tell me only a little guidance to get started I'm content. (I will not ask you to do all the work for me)

Regards.

Then how is possible increase the bitrate?, regards.

I'm looking into it atm. I guess I already found the Arrays in the fw binary. Seems a bit different to 0801. I'll Report back if I had success.

Upcoming feature: A7 Bitrate changer (and A2 maybe later)
vbrchanger.png

Upcoming feature: A7 Bitrate changer (and A2 maybe later)
vbrchanger.png

Good job Tobi@s. Can you explain the content of the dialog? Does the first row must be modified to set a new bitrate? How to interpret the other rows?

v0.7 is out!
Changes: Added A7 Bitrate Editor
Download: As always - in first post

@Tobi@s, this is how it looks for G90 L7LA30, r125MP. Values for the second and the third column are different. Maybe this will give you a hint.

upload_2014-7-9_20-27-13.png

Hey Tobi@s. Any chance for explaining this Bitrate Array? How to use it? Ex. set to 20Mbits? etc.

Yeah, very easy.
Load an A7 Firmware and Export the sections (Sections > Export)
Then navigate to Tools > Bitrate Editor
PRess "File > Load PRI and select the exported PRI.a7s file
You'll see something like the screenshot above Shows.
Now you Need to edit every value from the first column to fit your Needs (for example Change all values to 20.0 <---yes, use a dot).
Afterwards you press "Apply", Close the window and use Build > Firmware binary to generate an a7firmware.bin
Rename it to Firmware.bin and Flash it from your sdcard.

Great! That is what I wanted to know. So it is safe to set all the items with the same value? This will set my bitrate to eg. 20Mbits? So whats the point of showing all those rows? Why not showing only one field asking for a number and thats it :) Just and idea for GUI changes :).

Thanks again Tobi@s :)

PS: What's the maximum bitrate I can set? Do you know?

I set it to 40mbit/s (5MByte/s)

Thanks for the GUI improvement Suggestion. I'll do something similar like the MS Excel cell pulldown(?) so we can just copy the value with one mouse movement :D

Back