Are there any 2 channel dash cam with both lenses remote

there's not really a lot of other choices at the moment unfortunately, the Blackvue are far from perfect but they are certainly much better if you use the firmware from @alexsoll they have done a lot of work to get the performance they have out of the product, it far exceeds anything Blackvue have been able to do themselves

it is what it is.jpg

Attachments

• 2 Dual Lens Setup.jpg
    2 Dual Lens Setup.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 58
Has anyone heard of any new decent products that would satisfy this thread?
Well, after a month+, I'm still a fan of the K1S. It was what I was looking for in dual channel and so far its delivering. Granted, some minor annoyances (sound being top), but VQ, stabilty (so far) are what I expect in a consumer dashcam.

those of you who have opened up the k1s - can you identify the microphone in the camera, and if so, would it be possible to drill a hole in the case of the camera so the mic can actually hear something?

Someone posted they tried that in the TechMoan comments section and it didn't help. The audio is broke on a hardware level. You can barely hear anything even when amplified 400%. (Deal breaker for me). Also night quality is only average. There are more reports of K1S being unreliable long term as well.

There are more reports of K1S being unreliable long term as well.
Not being a jerk here, but can you post the sources for the long term unreliability?

Not being a jerk here, but can you post the sources for the long term unreliability?

Based on the history of the Koonlung products I personally tested that have failed, a few recent Techmoan blog comments, 1 disapointed amazon review, and other conversations I've had with customers offline asking me for K1S advice/opinions. It's too early, but I'm expecting more negative comments to surface in another month or two once the summer heat really kicks in to high gear.

It's too early, but I'm expecting more negative comments to surface in another month or two once the summer heat really kicks in to high gear.
Fair enough. I do not have any history with Koonlung (or private vehicle cams). Its odd, the cameras work as intended, it's the control box that's suspect. Thx.

Got a 2nd K1S unit this week. Firmware V3/ Got it for $239.95 from Roadcam on Ebay. To Get One Fast enter " K1S DashCam " better deal than spytech now. Low Price includes the GPS and Event Button. + 1 Year Warranty + SD Card to arrive Working Good. company says they do a white glove service on it before goes out. Spytech has 90 day and no card. will check the sound on this latest model. other one is on mute. Ideal is to have Event Button Turn on Sound Recording on when needed. The sound is low, but it does record the License Plate or Drivers Behavior which is main thing. I dont Want to Record Super-Loud and Clear arguments with the girlfriend so i leave mine muted. Use a Lexar 633x recording good and no issue to report. I check the video 2x a week. The Small Form Factor of the Dual Cams is what its all about. No Big Ugly Suction Cup in Drivers View. the dvr is in glove box not in front of the rear view mirror

Attachments

• inside box.jpg
    inside box.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2 Cam Size Comparison.jpg
    2 Cam Size Comparison.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 23
With Regards to Opening the K1S Cam and Checking the Microphone? i did exactly that early on to see if it was the super-small pin hole on the case.
I removed the case and exposed the circuit board and could see the mic. tested the sound and found it did not make any improvement in the volume level. It Records Plate Info and Drivers Behavior fine if needed. I like that it is not so loud and clear while reviewing the video on computer. Audio Level is Low i would say 4 maybe 5 out of 10 stars. it will record the noises of honking horns or crashes. If I want Super Clear Super Loud Audio Recording i can get a small mini size device for $15 and keep it handy, which is what i probably will do.

Last edited:
I also found in the box other goodies, not in the photo.
Wire Secure sticky Pads keep wires straight and hidden, extra sticky pads for the cam1 and cam2 incase you re-position it. i found a mounting bracket incase you want to install the dvr securely with screws or 3m sticky tape. there is a 3 way splitter looks like you can run an external monitor off it in the car to lets say other lcd screens in the car, it will play the video on it. also has a manual that is easy to read and appears english friendly. Most Importantly is the Built in Video Viewer Software that stitches the Clips Together to see it as a Journey. This displays the GPS google map as you drive so you know where you are on the video for evidence. A Micro SD Card Reader came in my box, and it was not mentioned. But you stick the micro sd card in the Adapter and the Video Viewer is on the Card after you Format it. Built In Software in the DVR. Now You See It On The Computer. for evidence for Insurance Fraud, where you need to tell your side of the story with actual events recorded. I Feel Much Better Knowing I have as Proof for the Insurance Company or to Show The Police what really happened.

what is unique is the the 2 separate dual lens (front & back) cams recording to only 1 micro sd card at the same time. Front Cam Lead is 3ft. Back Cam Lead is 9ft
this is what creates the recording issues. at 1st was checking daily and seeing buggy recording until i finally got a 16G Lexar 633x UHS-1. Fakes and Generics Guaranteed Problems, reason SpyTech Customers Having Loads of Issues being Reported. A Techmoan Tip is Do Not Use More than 32G Size, otherwise 64G are reported to have issues with Many DashCams.

If You Guys Follow Techmoan and Believe He Knows What He Is Talking About,
Check Out His K1S YouTube Review. See His Website techmoan.com He Now Has A New Car, a Red Mini. He Got a 2nd K1s installed, he likes it so much. Check What He and other users Say on his Blog Forum if you want more information on this New Model for 2015

I Cant Imagine any longer having only 1 front cam and being satisfied
or think i am protected when most the action, tailgaters, jackass driving comes from the back. Now I Can Record It!

Last edited:
What do you think about the Thinkware F750 2 ch. 1080p ?

I've bought the Thinkware F750 and installed it.
Building quality is very good, also the Wifi connection with my Iphone.

Image is very good, front and rear 1080p.

regarding the microphone...

most know I soldered in an extension 6 ft microphone on a g1wh and I didn't use the sound sensor thing that came out of the g1wh...

I bought a good quality headset/microphone of a car boot sale for a quid and took the sound sensor from that and used it on the g1wh...

It improved the sound quality leaps and bounds over the original and could pick up conversations way down the road as I fitted it externally !

wondered if was worth a try...

None of those are any good unfortunately. (low standard resolution, and other issues)

The HD/HD ones I personally evaluated from other companies have been a big fat fail so far. (buggy/poor night performance)

Street Guardian has potential new products in the works that should fit this category by Q1/Q2 2015. (too early to announce details or post photos yet though)
Are those products getting close to release?

I've bought the Thinkware F750 and installed it.
Building quality is very good, also the Wifi connection with my Iphone.

Image is very good, front and rear 1080p.

Can you share raw / original video files from F750 front + rear camera. You can use mega.co.nz to share those files.

Just wanted to see if there are any updates to the (hopeful) Q2 release/teaser of what you have coming? I'd love to see something like the SGZC12RC that allows multiple cameras to connect to the 1 viewer.. right now the Thinkware F550/F750 seem to be closest to what I'm looking for.

Back