Are there any 2 channel dash cam with both lenses remote

Well, we are in to Q3, Any more info available on this? I am ready to upgrade from my Finevue CR500.

Malodave

I'm a new user of Dashcams but have the same prerequisites as the OP.

I recently purchased a Koonlung K1S and have been running it for a week or so.

After some initial recording issues caused by a slow (old) Micro SDXC card, so far I'm pleased, but I need a couple of more journeys then I'll post my thoughts as a mini review.

our first dual cam models are probably going to be around October, too far away still to be able to offer any useful detail
<Raising my hand and waving enthusiastically to volunteer to be a beta tester a la JooVuu-X> :D

when new models come we do add other testers, people that have our past products are often helpful as they have more of an idea of the direction we like to take the products

Jokiin,

It's the middle of November heading into the holiday shopping season.
Can you let the Kitten out of the bag if not the whole Cat?

Malodave

Hehe :D there is a massive concrete lid on the going ons at the SG labs.

I have to admit i am curious too, but i can wait, but thats proberly a result of my financial situation. no greenbacks no shopping.

As the saying go, good things come to those who wait.

The original solution(s) (based on existing technology) didn't work out for 2015.
(So scrap November I hinted at)
We instead are now moving forward with NEXT generation plans that will move any official announcements into 2016. I'll I can say is, after serious brain storming and research, so far so good with the updated plan. We only want to do something right and refuse to release a product half baked.

Last edited:
Is it still a remote lens setup or a main unit + small rear camera setup?

Well my FineVu CR500HD can hold out a bit longer. I was just going to do some
hard wiring for the new Cam and the New GPS at the same time.

I have been changing all the lighting over to LED, plus add some auxiliary lighting too.
The Next Big project is getting the brackets fabricated to mount the York 210 engine
driven compressor on the Hemi to feed the Nathan AirChime K5LA Air Horns and air tools.

Patiently in waiting mode,

Malodave

ETA One Spec I would like to know now is, SD or MicroSD? and maximum size supported.
Black Friday is upon us and I would like to get the largest cards I could use while they
are on sale.

Last edited:
Hemi and Nathan air horn in one sentence,,,,,,,,, and i just took a bath and put on clean underwear :D

Hemi and Nathan air horn in one sentence,,,,,,,,, and i just took a bath and put on clean underwear :D

I have a 2008 Dodge RAM 1500, 4x4, Quad Cab, 5.7L HEMI, with the Big Horn Package. So I
installed a "Big Horn."

The ViAir 480C electric compressor takes 22 minutes to fill the two 4.5 gallon air tanks
from 0 PSI to 200 PSI. The York can do the same in two minutes. The pressure switch
cuts on at 165 and off at 200. The horns are regulated down to 150 PSI. I have an Air
Tool port under the hood and another in the bed tool box. The bottom of that tool box
has been made into an auxiliary fuel tank holding 36 gallons. The stock tank holds 26.

Malodave

Any updates? :)

we're still a few months away from being able to share specific details but we're still working on it, no progress to speak of this month though due to Chinese New Year interruptions but it will be starting to get back to normal from next week

Recently purchased the Spytec K1S (I know its the same as the Koonlung/Innovv) and will be fitting it this week. Hopefully it performs similarly to my 0805 / Mobius setup (except with the nice feature of more discreet, and easier "locking" of files.

If there is a list for testers for any new dual/quad cam setups with separate DVR's count me in!

Recently purchased the Spytec K1S (I know its the same as the Koonlung/Innovv) and will be fitting it this week. Hopefully it performs similarly to my 0805 / Mobius setup (except with the nice feature of more discreet, and easier "locking" of files.

If there is a list for testers for any new dual/quad cam setups with separate DVR's count me in!

K1S has some unstable long term firmware/hardware quirks so be prepared. The mic/audio is usually useless too. Check the Amazon 1,2 star reviews. We decided not to stock K1S after failed testing. If you get one to work, you're one of the lucky ones. Glad to hear you're ready to upgrade in 2016 hopefully that holds you over for now.

K1S has some unstable long term firmware/hardware quirks so be prepared. The mic/audio is usually useless too. Check the Amazon 1,2 star reviews. We decided not to stock K1S after failed testing. If you get one to work, you're one of the lucky ones. Glad to hear you're ready to upgrade in 2016 hopefully that holds you over for now.

I purchased from Amazon, using a credit card so I am protected against product failures. The 0805 has it's quirks mind (Notably mine decides to randomly turn off every now and then). I'm not fussed about audio, indeed my current cameras are both muted because realistically who wants to hear me sing or talk to myself? ;) My car also has a "battery protection relay" which turns off about 20 mins after the car is locked, and turns back on once the car is unlocked, with no power cuts to permanent supplies on starting the engine so should alleviate the "starting" issue.

Ideally I would like a system with small cameras (similar to this)
Waterproof_Mini_Car_Rear_view_iG9l9K_l.jpg.thumb_400x400.jpg

2 ch front and back, or 4 ch (the other two cameras mounted in the rear small windows of my vehicle, pointing forwards to cover left and right at junctions). Discreet, high quality and easy to professionally fit (I'm not afraid to go and fiddle with the fuseboard or electrics of my vehicle!)

I did look at the idea of a NVR, with 4 discreet cameras connected with ethernet/PoE, and as the NVR included Wifi you got that feature for free! Unfortunately with no GPS, G sensor or ability to lock files, and only composite video quality, that was not a route I was going to take.

Back