Battery suppler.

Shadow1947

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a battery supplier for replacements for the 522gw that are no larger size and with the same or higher capacity.

Ring their technical support on 020 920 866 429 - they'll sell you one mail order.

I was hoping someone may of fitted one of higher capacity as there are many on Amazon and eBay that are only slightly larger in size, and would give a longer off power running time.

Normally, the capacity depends on the size, if a seller is claiming higher capacity for similar same size then they are either lying or measuring capacity in a different way. There will be small differences, but generally not ones worth bothering with, you will definitely not get twice the runtime out of the same size.

Yes I understand you cant get a gallon out of a pint pot LOL but was hoping someone had squeezed a larger bat inside as the 320mah is useless with 2 cams on and some older nextbase have 470 mah batts in them was hoping someone had tried so I new where to get it as even 2 of the same size and capacity would not always last the same as I have found out when I was flying RC planes.

I think the reason RC batteries, or some have a different performance than another battery just like it ( i have noticed this myself ) is that usually you have at least 2 cells or in my case 3 cells, and one of the cells are pulling the other ones down.
Of course the chance of the same happening with just a 1 cell battery are also there.
In the case of these nextbase cameras i think the design are very much optimized in relation to the battery and PCB / lens assembly sizes, so probably little wiggle room inside to get creative with.
And i dont think nextbase use garbage cells, so little chance of finding a cell with a more modern chemistry / build quality that might offer up a bit more storage space in the same size.

Yes even with a good balance charger charging up to 6 cells some makes far out performed others.

Back