Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

Actually the F6 and F6 Pro both look the same so pretty stealthy, it’s the F6S that has the glittery highlights.

I found it in sale in Zaire for 2200 francs, trying to work out how much that is in UK pounds.

Well, at least the gold trim is on the back of the camera. Those of us who have been around dash cams for a long time will remember that early cameras coming out of China (which was pretty much all that was available with the exception of a few Korean models) were covered in loud logos and chrome trim. I even did an elaborate "stealth" mod on a camera 7 years ago to get rid of all the white lettering and artwork on the front of a camera.

In the old days, (and even now in certain Asian markets) blingy cameras are still very popular but now there has been a healthy trend towards more stealthy models. Jokiin was very influential within the industry in promoting that trend and helping bring it about. He deserves credit for that.

Actually the F6 and F6 Pro both look the same so pretty stealthy, it’s the F6S that has the glittery highlights.

I found it in sale in Zaire for 2200 francs, trying to work out how much that is in UK pounds.
GPB 1,801.57!

This is not accurate. For a guy that accuses me of a "a lack of reading comprehension" you don't seem to pay attention.

As I tried to explain to you earlier today on two occasions, these cameras are not a brand new product line for Hikvision. These cameras have apparently been on the market and widely available internationally for quite some time so they are indeed "in the hands of consumers". We've also had a member from Japan post in this thread on Friday that he has a "Changer K7" equivalent to the Hikvision F6S. He went on to explain that the camera is also marketed as the "Jomise K7" and is available on Amazon USA and has been for quite awhile now. (at least a year, probably longer) It seems it is only now that Hikvison is formally introducing them to the North American market which is why @RickyC, the Canadian Hikvison rep is seeking a couple of Canadian reviewers .

View attachment 59290

View attachment 59291

View attachment 59292

View attachment 59293

Of which none of these DashCams are marketed or supported on Hikvision's website. Only being sold through "3rd Party Vendors". So if Hikvision does indeed "officially" sell and support the F6 pro, it makes no mention of the product anywhere.

1. https://www.hikvision.com/africa/
2. https://www.hikvision.com/en/
3.https://www.hikvision.com/europe/products/onboard-security/dash-cameras/dash-cameras/

And in fact the only product line officially sold on their website is their "5 Channel Setup"

Unless you have a Jomise K7 in hand to "compare to a Hikvision", then making such a blanket statement that a similar item is indeed identical is without merit.

At the very best, if we even take that the F6 Pro is "on the market", @RickyC mentioned numerous products not yet sold or on the market.

1639346098631.png

Of which none of these DashCams are marketed or supported on Hikvision's website. Only being sold through "3rd Party Vendors". So if Hikvision does indeed "officially" sell and support the F6 pro, it makes no mention of the product anywhere.

1. https://www.hikvision.com/africa/
2. https://www.hikvision.com/en/
3.https://www.hikvision.com/europe/products/onboard-security/dash-cameras/dash-cameras/

And in fact the only product line officially sold on their website is their "5 Channel Setup"

Unless you have a Jomise K7 in hand to "compare to a Hikvision", then making such a blanket statement that a similar item is indeed identical is without merit.

At the very best, if we even take that the F6 Pro is "on the market", @RickyC mentioned numerous products not yet sold or on the market.

View attachment 59294

And yet they sell them in those markets. Go figure.......

Hikvision seemed new to DCT, and maybe I just assumed they were new cameras.

New or not, I'm still interested in them. I will wait until the 4K model appears before deciding whether to buy one of these or the 4K Mobius for my car.

Their own website makes zero mention of any dash camera in Europe and the only product even listed on their other support pages is their 5 Channel Commercial Setup. So I don't know if we're assuming anything. Either Hikvision has marketed itself, but doesn't support, it's own product through official channels. Or products are making onto the market either through back channels or limited release (F6 Pro)

Last edited:
And yet they sell them in those markets. Go figure.......

So claims your websites and yet no mention of supporting or reselling their DashCam product anywhere. Go figure. So either these cameras are not released yet (pre order), are being sold through limited vendors, or are making it out the back door without permission for resale.

Either way, Hikvision makes zero mention of their dash camera product offerings. Beyond the 5 Channel system. I find that suspicious.

On the shipping page be sure to click "Piracy Insurance" if it goes by ship. Apparently the hijackings aren't over with yet :ROFLMAO:

Early on before this thread went nutso RickyC did say the cams weren't all new designs, only new in being marketed to Canada. I never inquired about sensor/processor/the usual stuff as there were enough questions posted already and being Hikivision one can presume it's going to be good stuff inside :cool: And plenty of time to ask things later anyway ;)

Phil

On the shipping page be sure to click "Piracy Insurance" if it goes by ship. Apparently the hijackings aren't over with yet :ROFLMAO:

Early on before this thread went nutso RickyC did say the cams weren't all new designs, only new in being marketed to Canada. I never inquired about sensor/processor/the usual stuff as there were enough questions posted already and being Hikivision one can presume it's going to be good stuff inside :cool: And plenty of time to ask things later anyway ;)

Phil

Make for good Footage. Hikvision's dash cameras captured their own hijacking and theft! Yarrr.

So claims your websites and yet no mention of supporting or reselling their DashCam product anywhere. Go figure. So either these cameras are not released yet (pre order), are being sold through limited vendors, or are making it out the back door without permission for resale.

Either way, Hikvision makes zero mention of their dash camera product offerings. Beyond the 5 Channel system. I find that suspicious.
hikvison.jpg

I wonder if the F6 models can pan 90deg to record the driver's side window if desired?

Here's another Hikvison dash cam we haven't seen before - 1080p. I found another unique Hikvison dash cam for sale the other day but I'm having trouble finding the link again at the moment. At any rate it was a kind of circular puffy pancake shape. So yes, they seem to have been in the international dash cam market for quite some time, possibly to the point of already having some discontinued models.

hikvison3.jpg

FWIW, here are several more Hikvision dash cams. Obviously, dash cams are not a brand new product line for Hikvision. Further confirmation that they've been manufacturing and selling dash cams for quite some time.

I'd say we can put this riduclous debate to rest and focus on the newer, more interesting models @RickyC has been introducing us to.

hikvision_b.jpg

hikvison_a.jpg

hikvision_c.jpg

s-l1600.jpeg

Hi Guys, I am just back.
So many new posts for me to digest.

I got official answers for all questions you asked yesterday. I will have them posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

But before that, I want to clarify why I am looking for 2 members in Canada to do hands on tests.
Hikvision is not new to Dashcam. Those 6 models we released in Canada are not new too.
I am not looking for beta testers. I just wanted to provide my favorite F6S to 2 experienced members to see what they think about it.

The reason I cannot provide free dashcam units to members in other countries is because those countries are not my regions. It does not make sense for me to provide samples to whole world.
This is very simple thing, don't make it complicated.

Ricky

The reason I cannot provide free dashcam units to members in other countries is because those countries are not my regions. It does not make sense for me to provide samples to whole world.
This is very simple thing, don't make it complicated.
You just burst somebody's bubble :cry:. Bless his heart!!

Well one thing i know Hikvision do just fine, and which i would like to have in dashcams, though it is a bit silly.
That is ANPR, so i could enter the plate numbers of all undercover police vehicles and have the dashcam warn me if one of them is behind me.
Not that i am a criminal anymore, but they have pulled the ANPR on the Danes so i think it is only fair we return the favor.

At least i will prefer that over all other smart features of modern Dashcams.

Answers to questions with regard to Hikvision Dashcam file format in Micro SD card, how to export recordings:

Like all other Hikvision NVRs/ DVRs, Hikvision Dashcams adopt Double Indexed pre-allocated file systems. When you format a Micro SD card, a dashcam will create all video file containers. This is not encrypted but with Hikvision proprietary format.
In each file container, we have all information about this video. The reason we do this on all our recording devices, such as NVRs, DVRs, Dashcams, IP cameras is for file writing efficiency , stability and reliability. It will be much efficient than the way of some other dashcams doing to create a new file each time the unit needs to save video. This double index pre allocated file system does not need frequently creating new recording files. it will also dramatically increase the efficiency of search and reduces possibility of file loss. Also this type of file system supports time bar type of search function for easy search and download.

This file system works well in all of our Recording devices. By the way, Hikvision is the world largest video surveillance manufacturer. We manufacture 350K units of NVR/DVRs, cameras every day. We are not a 15 people start up firm.

As those files in Dashcams are files like file containers, you cannot play directly, you have to either download it in the app; or use Miniplayer to convert it to a playable MP4 file.

I have to admit that I made a wrong claim about App downloading: I said videos you download with HikDashcam App are not with original video quality but a video with reduced image quality.
In fact, what you download in HikDashcam is in original video quality.
See screenshots below:

Playback mode of HikDashcam App

playback mode.png

Playback mode with GPS display
playback mode with GPS.png

Download mode
download mode.png
In download mode, you can select 10s, 30s , 1min and 3min of duration to download.
the file is in playable MP4 format with original resolution.

Ricky

Last edited:
Back