Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

Or we could let @RickyC answer the questions.

I don’t need your opinion. Technical is fine but opinion to me is wasting my time.
Whatever floats your boat, but it seems to have bothered you I made a valid suggestion. @RickyC is having to run back and forth to his developers. A lot of these inquiries could be answered if testers had a product in hand.

I think you have to use their app to effectively convert it to MP4 as the clips are in a proprietary format and encrypted.
If that is the case, then this will not be useful to us or evidence purposes.
You will never convince a judge in a courtroom to download a special software on their computer to decrypt a file that's in a proprietary format.
You likely won't be able to convince an insurance agent or adjuster to do the same thing either.

They will also require "original" footage; not re-encoded, converted, or transcoded video.

We plan to have a new simple version of Dashcam App to be released very soon which will remove push notification, crash analysis and app optimization. Then users will not receive notifications of new firmware version. They have to manually click "check update" button to see if there is new version available. They will not see permission request for those information.
Please help me to check its permissions once it is available.
Thanks, Lothar!
As long as the app is uploaded to the Google Play store, I can check it for you.
I do not allow installation of apps from any other sources for security reasons.

I have a "Changer K7" equivalent to the Hikvision F6S.
I think it is the same as the one sold as "Changer K7" in Amazon Japan and "Jomise K7" in Amazon America.

You can see the inside photo of Hikvision F6 series in FCC ID.

Upload the file for reference.

This is a file just taken out of the card.
hiv00087.mp4

This is the file exported by "Mini Player".
ch01_20211209_150349_0087_00_000262144_258100564.mp4

If you are interested, please download and check it.

Being able to only download a 10% highly compressed file only viewable on a phone creates an issue. If you are involved in an accident, witness an accident, or witness a crime, you can't share that video with the police at the scene
Just my opinion, but I don't have an issue with viewing a low resolution video at the roadside. It's quick to access, and possible to send by email. I'm probably only going to show it to someone on my own screen at that time.

If necessary, I can provide the full resolution video later as part of a considered incident report, perhaps with additional video and photos.

EDIT : There is a possible scenario where the driver is incapacitated, or worse. I would like the police to be able to view the contents of the dashcam memory in that situation.

you can't share that video with the police at the scene to watch on their laptop or a larger screen. And the police will not be installing a "Player" on their computer, and most people don't drive around with a laptop.

Exactly. They might not drive around with a laptop all the time. So how are you going to share that 256MB file with them at the scene?

Last edited:
You will never convince a judge in a courtroom to download a special software on their computer to decrypt a file that's in a proprietary format.
You likely won't be able to convince an insurance agent or adjuster to do the same thing either.

They will also require "original" footage; not re-encoded, converted, or transcoded video.
I admit that at first I was concerned about the proprietary video format. But I wonder if the consumer dashcam community can learn something from an established CCTV manufacturer entering the market?

Hikvision are experienced at making CCTV systems that are used for collecting and sharing video evidence. I doubt that exporting from a proprietary format into MP4 will invalidate the evidence.

Hikvision DVRs/NVRs and IP cameras record video surveillance data in a proprietary format (Hikvision H.264). The advantage of the format is the ability to integrate watermark and other data in one file. If necessary, the users of the devices can convert the format to H.264 or MPEG4 form with the use of the tool available as a part of the VSPlayer application. The tool also enables the user to change:
image resolution,
frame rate,
bit rate,
audio codec.

I do note that for whatever reason, the videos from these dashcams cannot be viewed on their own VSPlayer application.

Exactly. They might not drive around with a laptop all the time. So how are you going to share that 256MB file with them at the scene?
I've got a cheap tablet stashed in the workvan partly for this use and partly for where I can tap into free wifi. Much bigger screen than my phone and even a cheap old version can play vids well enough for that purpose,

Phil

I admit that at first I was concerned about the proprietary video format. But I wonder if the consumer dashcam community can learn something from an established CCTV manufacturer entering the market?

Hikvision are experienced at making CCTV systems that are used for collecting and sharing video evidence. I doubt that exporting from a proprietary format into MP4 will invalidate the evidence.

I do note that for whatever reason, the videos from these dashcams cannot be viewed on their own VSPlayer application.

Or maybe they simply overlooked the basic difference between recording and accessing footage from a DVR/NVR, which is essentially a computer with a screen, mouse and keyboard. Versus a tiny camera recording to a removable SD card, which may need to be accessed on the road.

Just my opinion, but I don't have an issue with viewing a low resolution video at the roadside. It's quick to access, and possible to send by email. I'm probably only going to show it to someone on my own screen at that time.

If necessary, I can provide the full resolution video later as part of a considered incident report, perhaps with additional video and photos.

EDIT : There is a possible scenario where the driver is incapacitated, or worse. I would like the police to be able to view the contents of the dashcam memory in that situation.

Several issues:

1. If you need to pull off a plate at the scene, the low res video (10% Cell Phone Quality) might not be sufficient to zoom in and grab it. In the event of a Hit and Run or Criminal Activity.

2. Like you said, maybe you're incapacitated. The process isn't as simple as ejecting the memory card and playing it. As it requires special software to obtain the full size video.

Police are far more likely to have a computer system in their vehicles I imagine. At the very minimum, if you can download the uncompressed file to your phone, it at least gives you the ability to zoom in and view the video at high resolution. You could then "Email it" to the police officer from the scene as Police cars are 100% internet connected.

I have a "Changer K7" equivalent to the Hikvision F6S.
I think it is the same as the one sold as "Changer K7" in Amazon Japan and "Jomise K7" in Amazon America.

You can see the inside photo of Hikvision F6 series in FCC ID.

Upload the file for reference.

This is a file just taken out of the card.
hiv00087.mp4

This is the file exported by "Mini Player".
ch01_20211209_150349_0087_00_000262144_258100564.mp4

If you are interested, please download and check it.

I looked at this yesterday. The file taken out of the card here is 256MB, And File exported from Mini Player is 243MB. So I don't think your example is accurate. As @RickyC has stated the cell phone video taken off the card is only 10% of the actual Player video.

Unless you mean "taken off the card" as before it was exported from Card to MiniPlayer

You guys are great.
I will come back with more official answers to your questions with regard to file name, format, playback and downloading.

I just realized that, what I said that, "the downloaded file size from App is 25MB", is not accurate as I can select different recording period time, like 10 seconds, 2mins, 5mins. So the downloaded file size varies.

what I can confirm is that, you can only use Miniplayer and VLC player to play files on the card with file name hiv00xxx. When you playback with Min player, you can see all files with date and time. When you playback with VLC player, you can only see original file names hiv00xxx.

Leave those questions to me for now.

You guys are great.
I will come back with more official answers to your questions with regard to file name, format, playback and downloading.

I just realized that, what I said that, "the downloaded file size from App is 25MB", is not accurate as I can select different recording period time, like 10 seconds, 2mins, 5mins. So the downloaded file size varies.

what I can confirm is that, you can only use Miniplayer and VLC player to play files on the card with file name hiv00xxx. When you playback with Min player, you can see all files with date and time. When you playback with VLC player, you can only see original file names hiv00xxx.

So to clarify;
VLC can play the files in their native state.
That the files are not encrypted but uses a codec that VLC can play.

MiniPlayer can play the files and can use the index file to name them with dates and time.

This leads me to a simple suggestion:
Name files with date and time as they are created.
This is will remove the MiniPlayer and index from the process reducing the steps required.

The index method is a weak link in the naming. If it gets corrupted then files may not be named correctly.

You guys are great.

So to clarify;
VLC can play the files in their native state.
That the files are not encrypted but uses a codec that VLC can play.

MiniPlayer can play the files and can use the index file to name them with dates and time.

This leads me to a simple suggestion:
Name files with date and time as they are created.
This is will remove the MiniPlayer and index from the process reducing the steps required.

The index method is a weak link in the naming. If it gets corrupted then files may not be named correctly.

And yet a few comments ago, you chastised me for making a suggestion about getting products to beta testers. It appears @RickyC is not yet fully versed in the functionalities of his product line, and while our questions are assisting him in learning more, it would seem my earlier suggestion of providing samples to experienced beta testers may yield the most conclusive answers to our thoughts and comments. Along with people able to assist @RickyC

Last edited:
Hikivision dash cams have apparently been selling successfully in various markets around the world for quite some time and they are now looking to begin marketing them in North America. Considering that for the most part, these are fairly mature, well established products I doubt they really need "beta testers" at this time, especially individuals who might simply be fishing for free cameras in the guise of being helpful. As we all well know from our experience here on the forum, when a manufacturer is seeking individuals to test or evaluate products they will put the word out. I expect this will be no different with Hikvison. They don't need internet forum members to repeatedly tell them what to do or how to conduct their business.

Hikivision dash cams have apparently been selling successfully in various markets around the world for quite some time and they are now looking to begin marketing them in North America.

Except this is their first foray into the dash cam market.....So established in other product lines (like security cameras).

Considering that for the most part, these are fairly mature, well established products I doubt they really need "beta testers" at this time, especially individuals who might simply be fishing for free cameras in the guise of being helpful.

Except I'm not in Canada, where he is looking for Beta Testers....Gee...And all it took was basic reading skills to find that answer. :unsure:

By the way, we are looking for 2 Well-Known members in Canada willing to do open box review for us.
I would like to ship a Dashcam AE-DC5113-F6S 1600P/Wi-Fi AP/GPS/ 2” Touch Screen to each of them for free.

And again a lack of reading comprehension disguised as your usual passive aggressive behavior. Who'd Thunk...

As we all well know from our experience here on the forum, when a manufacturer is seeking individuals to test or evaluate products they will put the word out

But when said vendor extends an offer and said representative for said vendor is having difficulties because he is new to the "DashCam Market", suggesting he get "help" on a learning curve is valid...

I expect this will be no different with Hikvison. They don't need internet forum members to repeatedly tell them what to do or how to conduct their business.

"You Expect"....Nor do they need unsolicited feedback from someone who can't bother to read and then mask their unsolicited advice in a rude and passive aggressive demeanor. :censored:

Last edited:
Except I'm not in Canada, where he is looking for Beta Testers....Gee...And all it took was basic reading skills to find that answer. :unsure:

And again a lack of reading comprehension disguised as your usual passive aggressive behavior. Who'd Thunk...

Of course, your knee jerk reaction is always to immediately start with the insults and demeaning remarks.

If and when Hikvison Canada is interested in providing dash cams to members for testing or review in other countries than Canada they will let us know. That is traditionally how things work around here. It is up to the manufacturer. They don't need to be bullied into providing free cameras to members like you just because you are trying to pressure them into it. This is now your fourth or fifth post urging them to pass out free test cameras so that you might obtain one, whereas no other member has mentioned it.

Last edited:
Of course, your knee jerk reaction is always to immediately start with the insults and demeaning remarks.

If and when Hikvison Canada is interested in providing dash cams to members for testing or review in other countries than Canada they will let us know. That is traditionally how things work around here. It is up to the manufacturer. They don't need to be bullied into providing free cameras to members like you just because you are trying to pressure them into it. This is now your fifth post urging them to pass out free test cameras so that you might obtain one, whereas no other member has mentioned it.

Here we go. The Victim Card and Temper Tantrums.

He asked for reviewers in Canada. Period. Now you're putting words in his mouth.

Please, tell me where I ever asked him for a camera.....? Can't. Thought so.

What @RickyC has done, and why I have urged he acquire those 2 Beta Testers, is provide contradicting answers (File Size from Phone, Encrypted Containers, Media Playback, etc). Thus, having assistance would minimize having to run back to Developers and limit the learning curve.

Please, tell me where I ever asked him for a camera.....? Can't. Thought so.

Really? :rolleyes:

Honestly, I think at this point, it would be beneficial that @RickyC get some samples and pass them out for testing.

I'm hoping @RickyC gets a small stock of his entire product line to send out to beta testers.

it would seem my earlier suggestion of providing samples to experienced beta testers may yield the most conclusive answers

HonestReview: I would highly suggest before launching these cameras that you get several into the hands of beta testers.

HonestReview: When or / if you get samples, I recommend doling out your supply sparingly via dashcamtalk.

Whatever floats your boat, but it seems to have bothered you I made a valid suggestion.

Your so called "valid suggestion" here was that they should provide free test cameras. Let's leave it up to others to decide how "valid" your suggestion is rather than relying on your own self evaluation.

Of course, when @LateralNW suggested that we let @RickyC simply answer the questions rather than continue bullying him, you responded with a demeaning remark, as usual.

Last edited:
As usual HonestReview immediately engages in personal attacks and insults.

Your so called "valid suggestion" here was that they should provide free test cameras. Let's leave it up to others to decide how "valid" your suggestion is rather than relying on your own self evaluation.

Of course, when @LateralNW suggested that we let @RickyC simply answer the questions rather than continue bullying him, you responded with a demeaning remark, as usual.

Buddy it's time to be an adult. I'm done dealing with you any further. I have reported your comments, abusive demeanor, etc.

I hope he gets a small stock to send to beta testers is a valid suggestion given he offered Cameras to 2 Canadian Testers.

Again, Did I or Where have I asked for a sample from @RickyC / Hikvision? - Never.

Am I in Canada - NO!

Did he Offer to Non Canadian Residents - NO!
Your so called "valid suggestion" here was that they should provide free test cameras

He offered!!!!!! Again, this lack of reading comprehension, always having to be right, and temper tantrums is incessant with you.

Enough said. :banghead:

Last edited:
Buddy it's time to be an adult. I'm done dealing with you any further. I have reported your comments, abusive demeanor, etc.

I hope he gets a small stock to send to beta testers is a valid suggestion given he offered Cameras to 2 Canadian Testers.

Again, where did I ever ask for a sample? - Never.

He offered!!!!!! Again, this lack of reading comprehension, always having to be right, and temper tantrums is incessant with you.

Enough said. :banghead:

You can report whatever you like. You are the only one here behaving abusively by making inappropriate demeaning remarks.

Again, where did I ever ask for a sample?

When you are the only one in this thread who keeps pushing for test samples to be made available, it is beyond credibility that you are not looking to obtain one. And curiously, you've expressed a strong interest in their most sophisticated and expensive model.

Last edited:
Back