Before I formally introduce 6 Hikvision 1600P Dashcams, Please check out demo videos below

When you are the only one in this thread who repeatedly keeps pushing for test samples to be made available, it is beyond credibility that you are not looking to obtain one.

I'll have this set on repeat and play over and over......

What @RickyC has done, and why I have urged he acquire those 2 Beta Testers, is provide contradicting answers (File Size from Phone, Encrypted Containers, Media Playback, etc). Thus, having assistance would minimize having to run back to Developers and limit the learning curve.

Sigh :banghead:

And curiously, you've expressed a strong interest in their most sophisticated and expensive model.

Yes, because people who have been in business before understand you don't want to stifle a product and limit demographics when there might be demand elsewhere, too! I.E. A product that might also extend to consumer interest.

I presume those 5 cameras connect to the central unit via a cable similar to this one? There could definitely be more than commercial uses. Someone wanting to setup Front + Rear + Interior + Cameras out both side windows.

Don't underestimate consumer demand. There are plenty of people who may wish to put this in their car to create a single system capturing their vehicle in 360 degrees.

Personally of all the products you've listed, I'm most interested in seeing the Fleet Management Hikvision in action.

See in action......I.E. Post a video.

1. Did I request a sample? - No
Do I live in Canada - No

Need this be cylindrical arguments? Seriously, I won't reply again.

Last edited:
I'll have this set on repeat and play over and over......

Sigh :banghead:

Yes, because people who have been in business before understand you don't want to stifle a product and limit demographics when there might be demand elsewhere, too! I.E. A product that might also extend to consumer interest.

Not buyin' it.

Just by the way about which dashcam works without backup power - this is also done in Blueskysea B4K. This Dashcam B4K has neither a battery nor a supercapacitor. Video recording occurs only in HEVC / H.265, file format - .ts

This is a more "understandable" format for car dashcam users.:)

In the attached example, the dashcam worked for 10 seconds and then the power was turned off.
The original video is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NccPt23R93eU_6CpSG5l7x8gRKx9LtKA/view?usp=sharing
(The Loop is set at 3 minutes)
Mediainfo:
Complete name: F :\CARDV\Movie\20211212214925_000001A.TS
Format: MPEG-TS
File size: 50.0 MiB
Duration: 9s 900ms
Overall bit rate mode: Variable
Overall bit rate: 42.1 Mbps

Video
ID: 512 (0x200)
Menu ID: 1 (0x1)
Format: HEVC
Format/Info: High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile: Main@L5.0
Codec ID: 36
Duration: 9s 966ms
Width: 1 920 pixels
Height: 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate: 30.000 fps
Color space: YUV
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
Bit depth: 8 bits

Audio
ID: 513 (0x201)
Format: AAC
Format/Info: Advanced Audio Codec
Format version: Version 2
Format profile: LC
Muxing mode: ADTS
Codec ID: 15
Duration: 9s 888ms
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel(s): 1 channel
Channel positions: Front: C
Sampling rate: 32.0 KHz
Compression mode: Lossy
Delay relative to video: -1ms

Last edited:
Just by the way about which dashcam works without backup power - this is also done in Blueskysea B4K. This Dash has neither a battery nor a supercapacitor. Video recording occurs only in HEVC / H.265, file format - .ts

This is a more "understandable" format for car dashcam users.:)

In the attached example, the dashcam worked for 10 seconds and then the power was turned off. The original video is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NccPt23R93eU_6CpSG5l7x8gRKx9LtKA/view?usp=sharing
Mediainfo:
Complete name: F :\CARDV\Movie\20211212214925_000001A.TS
Format: MPEG-TS
File size: 50.0 MiB
Duration: 9s 900ms
Overall bit rate mode: Variable
Overall bit rate: 42.1 Mbps

Video
ID: 512 (0x200)
Format: HEVC
Format/Info: High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile: Main@L5.0
Codec ID: 36
Duration: 9s 966ms
Width: 1 920 pixels
Height: 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate: 30.000 fps
Color space: YUV
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
Bit depth: 8 bits

Audio
ID: 513 (0x201)
Format: AAC
Format/Info: Advanced Audio Codec
Format version: Version 2
Format profile: LC
Muxing mode: ADTS
Codec ID: 15
Duration: 9s 888ms
Bit rate mode: Variable
Channel(s): 1 channel
Channel positions: Front: C
Sampling rate: 32.0 KHz
Compression mode: Lossy
Delay relative to video: -1ms

He said Hikvision use some proprietary container file and format. So there's a lot of confusion as to playback, encrypted containers, and file format. @RickyC has offered conflicting answers and responses if you look through the thread.

no They are not .JDR or .TS, but our encrypted format

View attachment 59259

preformatted with hivxxx . each file size 256MB.
so you cannot delete any footage without being noticed before you export those files.

So to clarify;
VLC can play the files in their native state.
That the files are not encrypted but uses a codec that VLC can play.

MiniPlayer can play the files and can use the index file to name them with dates and time.

This leads me to a simple suggestion:
Name files with date and time as they are created.
This is will remove the MiniPlayer and index from the process reducing the steps required.

The index method is a weak link in the naming. If it gets corrupted then files may not be named correctly.

From the screenshots it looks like the cam creates all files when you first insert the SD card and it must be writing the date/time of the clip as data to the end of the file in an area beyond the actual video data.

Which would explain why VLC will happily play the clip but not be able to make use of the extended data and why only their own player can read that extended data.

@Dashmellow @HonestReview I openly asked for a review sample but only as a joke.

Also, I can see from other posts that you 2 don’t get on but do you both think that your bickering on threads adds any value?

@Dashmellow @HonestReview I openly asked for a review sample but only as a joke.

Also, I can see from other posts that you 2 don’t get on but do you both think that your bickering on threads adds any value?

Trying to offer @RickyC constructive feedback without the need for personal attacks. We are getting conflicting replies and to minimize confusion, I think involving those 2 beta testers @RickyC is seeking would be a good idea. Apparently, this is somehow advocating I am "Canadian" and want to be the "Beta Tester".

All these varying answers are simply creating confusion about Hikvision's Product Line and Capabilities.

I believe Ricky actually asked for 2 open box reviewers? I saw no indication that Hikvision are looking for beta testers.

I believe Ricky actually asked for 2 open box reviewers? I saw no indication that Hikvision are looking for beta testers.

Given dashcams are a new product line for Hikvision, and no similar product from Hivision exists in the hands of consumers, those two Open Box Reviewers are going to be performing Double Duty.

A. Reviewer
B. Product Tester (Beta Tester).

Unless the reviewer is offering superficial feedback by reading the box specs, it's hard to give any brevity or credibility to a person who hasn't tested the camera's capabilities and performance. I.E. Posting Videos (Clips), Description of Functions, and Issues Discovered during the Review Process, etc.

Last edited:
Given dashcams are a new product line for Hikvision, and no similar product from Hivision exists in the hands of consumers, those two Open Box Reviewers are going to be performing Double Duty.
This is not accurate. For a guy that accuses me of a "a lack of reading comprehension" you don't seem to pay attention.

As I tried to explain to you earlier today on two occasions, these cameras are not a brand new product line for Hikvision. These cameras have apparently been on the market and widely available internationally for quite some time so they are indeed "in the hands of consumers". We've also had a member from Japan post in this thread on Friday that he has a "Changer K7" equivalent to the Hikvision F6S. He went on to explain that the camera is also marketed as the "Jomise K7" and is available on Amazon USA and has been for quite awhile now. (at least a year, probably longer) It seems it is only now that Hikvison is formally introducing them to the North American market which is why @RickyC, the Canadian Hikvison rep is seeking a couple of Canadian reviewers .

hikivision1.jpg

hikivision2.jpg

hikvision3.jpg

south_africa_hikvision.jpg

Last edited:
I find it interesting that we have generated over 150 posts on this new camera range, yet no-one seems to have mentioned or asked about the sensor and DSP.

It's usually one of the first things people ask about a new dashcam.

I find it interesting that we have generated over 150 posts on this new camera range, yet no-one seems to have mentioned or asked about the sensor and DSP.

It's usually one of the first things people ask about a new dashcam.

@RickyC:
This is our first time to bring Hikvision Dashcams to Canadian market, even we are not new in Dashcam market in other countries.
I don't know who started the New part comes from. The Hikvision F6S has been around since at least 2020.
I think it is only new to Canada.

edited - not directed at @TonyM - I think I DO know where it came from but I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
I don't know where the New part comes from. The Hikvision F6S has been around since at least 2020.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say in my last post. The oldest Amazon review I could find is from December 2020.

I actually like the form factor of the F6 though not convinced about the F6 Pro with its gold/gilt highlighting.

This is personal taste/view but I like my dash cam to be as stealthy as possible from both inside and outside.

I actually like the form factor of the F6 though not convinced about the F6 Pro with its gold/gilt highlighting.

This is personal taste/view but I like my dash cam to be as stealthy as possible from both inside and outside.

I agree, I'm not a fan of "bling" on dash cameras (or pretty much anything else).

I too like the form factor of the F6. Small, discreet, looks a bit like a car rain sensor.

Actually the F6 and F6 Pro both look the same so pretty stealthy, it’s the F6S that has the glittery highlights.

I found it in sale in Zaire for 2200 francs, trying to work out how much that is in UK pounds.

I don't know who started the New part comes from. The Hikvision F6S has been around since at least 2020.

edited - not directed at @TonyM - I think I DO know where it came from but I'll leave it at that.
Hikvision seemed new to DCT, and maybe I just assumed they were new cameras.

New or not, I'm still interested in them. I will wait until the 4K model appears before deciding whether to buy one of these or the 4K Mobius for my car.

Back